Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

17 minutes ago, choffer said:

I got a round in last week at some place near Twickenham green. 5 Pints, £47.50. It was lovely stuff but we moved on after that.

maths GIF

Sweet Jebus.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, bickster said:

Does not compute

You would be disgusted with how healthily I eat.  And now I'm doing a dry September with no bread too.  I am planning an Oliver Reed October though, so swings and roundamebouts.

• Haha 1

On 05/09/2019 at 20:20, Chindie said:

I can't say he's my favourite personality.

But he stands out in the crowd as someone legitimately famous, if Z list. The others in the heat were a Strictly dancer, a Paralympian, a fashion designer, none of which I'd heard of or ever seen before, and Joey Essex, who I have heard of and recognised the face but wouldn't have known to put the two together.

You can hear the barrel being scraped over the sizzling of the pans.

Second heat of 'celebrity' MasterChef.

The posh drunk from Googlebox, Josie Long, a reality TV doctor who I've never ever seen or heard of before, a 'professional quizzer' who I've never seen or heard of, and an 'actor, radio presenter and poet' bloke who, again, I've never seen before or heard of.

Josie Long and Googlebox fella are legitimately famous I guess, if both properly ZZZ list, but the rest... Crikey. I assume MasterChef doesn't pay well if this is the best they can dig up. More famous faces are prepared to eat insects and kangaroo cock on TV than cook.

The above has made me look at all the contestants to see who I recognised. By face, I could name 6 out of 20 (why do they need 20?). I obviously have heard of judge jules, but I wouldn’t have guessed that was him from his picture. Similarly I recognise the bloke from gogglebox, but couldn’t name him.

For those interested, the 6 were Adam Woodyatt, Vicky Pattison, Joey Essex, Greg Rutherford, Neil Ruddock and Jenny Ryan.

As with every year and every versioning this show, I won’t be watching. It peaked with Vic & Bob.

5 minutes ago, bickster said:

Arrrrghh where do you start! Jebus! (A work related query brought me here before you ask)

Arrrggghh.PNG

Where do you start?  Sounds like they start at the back and work their way up.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 09/09/2019 at 11:08, bickster said:

Go down South, the weather is meant to be quite decent down south this week

I got as south as Monmouthshire. Weather was ok actually :) 

On 09/09/2019 at 12:41, Seat68 said:

Next person that criticises Telford or the towns salty pork pies gets to experience some instant justice. Just saying. Fear my wrath. 

Whereabouts from Telford do you originate from?! 😄 

On 09/09/2019 at 22:25, tonyh29 said:

It’s about £5.20 a pint of lager now at my local .. i was in Belgrade the other week and you could get 4 pints for that 

£5.10 for a pint of Peroni in rural Herefordshire. I know it always seems to attract a price premium but that strikes me as steep. Luckily the locally produced Wye Valley ales were more reasonable at £3.50. 

On 10/09/2019 at 18:47, Shropshire Lad said:

The above has made me look at all the contestants to see who I recognised. By face, I could name 6 out of 20 (why do they need 20?). I obviously have heard of judge jules, but I wouldn’t have guessed that was him from his picture. Similarly I recognise the bloke from gogglebox, but couldn’t name him.

For those interested, the 6 were Adam Woodyatt, Vicky Pattison, Joey Essex, Greg Rutherford, Neil Ruddock and Jenny Ryan.

As with every year and every versioning this show, I won’t be watching. It peaked with Vic & Bob.

I have heard of Woodyatt, Pattison, Essex, Rutherford, Whyte, Maloney, Rhodes, Ruddock & Jules

I actually recognised by sight only Woodyatt and Ruddock. 

Essex and Pattison look like any other stereotypical orange faced vacuous reality tv 'stars', Rutherford and Whyte, I don't follow their sports closely enough, Frank Maloney appears to be dressed as a woman and Judge Jules I wouldn't recognise from one famous DJ to another. As Saxondale said, if I want to listen to electric beeps and whistles, I'll put my foot through the windscreen and listen to the car alarm! 

1 hour ago, bickster said:

Do people originate from Telford? I thought it was where we sent convicts after Australia got a bit arsey about it :mrgreen::trollface:

How very dare you. It does have nice bits. Mainly on the edges of the town. 

Â