Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

This should very much piss people off.

Yesterday a picture doing the rounds on social media of a pretty 19 year old girl missing in Tamworth. Today a body has been found and a 19 year old man arrested. 😡

Only a couple of miles from my house.

Edited by Genie

I'm in the process of selling some stuff. I've got an item worth about £300 that a chap from Russia is interested. Initially, wasn't open to anything but UK buyers but decided if they had good reputations I'd accept international buyers. Come to an agreement with the guy, go looking for quotes. Turns out sending stuff to Russia is a nightmare. To the extent I've basically got to turn the guy down after arranging a price and what not for the better part of a week.

53 minutes ago, Chindie said:

I'm in the process of selling some stuff. I've got an item worth about £300 that a chap from Russia is interested. Initially, wasn't open to anything but UK buyers but decided if they had good reputations I'd accept international buyers. Come to an agreement with the guy, go looking for quotes. Turns out sending stuff to Russia is a nightmare. To the extent I've basically got to turn the guy down after arranging a price and what not for the better part of a week.

It'll be easier after Brexit. 

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, Chindie said:

I’d definitely advise against it, especially personal sales.

Couriers are effectively sub-contracted, even if you’re ‘using’ Fedex or DHL or whoever on the face of it. All the usual assurances just don’t exist, so while it would all probably be fine it’s just not worth the hassle.

On 19/09/2019 at 10:28, Shropshire Lad said:

When Jessica Ennis and Mo Farah won their golds in 2012, Rutherford won another one at the same time (they all won within an hour of each other). So he picked up a fair bit of exposure, obviously through his own ability and achievement, but also in part from doing it at the same time as two more well known athletes.

This is the most I’ve seen his name in seven years.

Actually, that day, " super Saturday" we won six golds, which I think is a record! 

On 18/09/2019 at 21:51, Chindie said:

Third heat of 'celebrity' MasterChef.

Dillian Whyte, Greg Rutherford, Martha Reeves, a Radio 1 DJ and a French actress who I've never heard of. 

We're in danger of actually have a round of actually famous people. I mean niche famous, but famous.

Also Greg Rutherford. Is there a less likeable British sports personality? I didn't like him when he was actually competing, but now when he's angling for a media career, **** hell.

I can't watch that show, the voice over woman makes my teeth hurt, and don't get me started on Greg **** Wallace, an absolute bell end 

22 minutes ago, welnik said:

I can't watch that show, the voice over woman makes my teeth hurt, and don't get me started on Greg **** Wallace, an absolute bell end 

Not sure if you have kids, there's a programme on CBBC called "classed dismissed" and one of the teachers on that is basically a spoof of Greg Wallace, its very funny.

22 minutes ago, Genie said:

Not sure if you have kids, there's a programme on CBBC called "classed dismissed" and one of the teachers on that is basically a spoof of Greg Wallace, its very funny.

Mine are late teens now so we haven't seen the show. I'll check it out on the iplayer. Thanks for that 

• Like 1

Full on Brexit drill in Bicks Mansions. Come home with food shopping to a power cut.

Arranged to borrow fridge space for the food we’d bought. Went to the chippy. Had to take the long route home because some dick put his car in a ditch so now the fish and chips are barely warm

My daughter is unimpressed by my Three Day Week comments

Still maybe now she’ll understand the benefits of charging your phone because she can’t even tell her mates or phone the boyfriend 

Â