Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

11 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Having to register for a code on the dvla website so I can rent a car in england

My German missus doesn't need to, she can just turn up with her german driving license but I can't turn up with my UK one I need more 

How's that work?! 

Because the German version of the DVLA doesn't care about the privacy of your wife's information would be my guess.

The code is given to you so that you can share your information with who you choose to share it and only them. The code expires quite quickly and can only be used once. It's a pain but it's to protect your data

It’s so they can check for points etc as a replacement for the paper part

i would guess that the Germans have an alternative system as she has never had a paper part

the dvla website says the hire company can check it over the phone on the day, going with that option instead

Edited by villa4europe

3 hours ago, villa4europe said:

It’s so they can check for points etc as a replacement for the paper part

i would guess that the Germans have an alternative system as she has never had a paper part

the dvla website says the hire company can check it over the phone on the day, going with that option instead

No thats the reason the car hirers want to get access to your information, that has no bearing on the code, the code is to protect your information

You'd be better off supplying them with the code, have you ever tried to actually speak to someone at the DVLA? Give them the code, job done, get them to phone up and you'll be waiting and then possibly waiting some more and then in all probability waiting some more.

18 hours ago, bickster said:

It is work!🤣

It's not just me that has to use it for work and hates it then!

Looking inside the shops can actually be useful for me, but I'm with you that most of the time that it just drives you mad pinging to completely the wrong place.

• Like 1

I've recently mentioned this in another thread, but Vaping.

It's the fact that most vapers feel it's ok to treat it like some sort of a fashion statement. It's not the 80s and that's not a Marlboro.  Respectable business people walking around in suits, sucking on a mobile phone sized, dildo-like looking device. It's not cool.

Wanna stink of plastic combined with watermelon and raspberries? Have a hubba bubba and get that shit away from me. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Mic09 said:

I've recently mentioned this in another thread, but Vaping.

It's the fact that most vapers feel it's ok to treat it like some sort of a fashion statement. It's not the 80s and that's not a Marlboro.  Respectable business people walking around in suits, sucking on a mobile phone sized, dildo-like looking device. It's not cool.

Wanna stink of plastic combined with watermelon and raspberries? Have a hubba bubba and get that shit away from me. 

Are you scared of kettles too?

24 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

coming soon to the American politics / guns thread

6 deaths this year linked to vaping, murmurs of investigations and bans coming

Such a nonsense story too. From what I've seen, all the deaths are linked to poorly home-made juice rather than the stuff manufactured to regulations. 

1 hour ago, choffer said:

Such a nonsense story too. From what I've seen, all the deaths are linked to poorly home-made juice rather than the stuff manufactured to regulations. 

I doubt there are deaths directly caused by vaping, but that's not to say that it's not bad for you.

As mentioned, it's treated like a fashion statement with all the vape shops and juices. It's treated like it's a healthy alternative to smoking. Inhaling that crap cannot be good for your lungs and we have few long term studies to see how bad it actually is.

But regardless of health risks (I couldn't give a crap if you want to give yourself cancer, it's your choice) it's just fu***** stupid. 

14 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

What's the opinion on vaping? 

I think it’s a good thing in general, if it helps get people off the fags. 

That being said, from personal experience I have found that I end up using it far too much throughout the day. 

I work at home the majority of time, so I will sit at my laptop and just vape constantly, whereas when I used to smoke I’d have one every 1hr or so, maybe not even that.  

I’m trying to knock it on the head entirely and I’ve found it much harder to do than the switch from fags for that reason. 

On a related note, I’ve also tried a vape thing for my exotic herb habit and that works surprisingly well. 

Waking up at 3:30am on a Saturday morning when I have my quarter final for basketball later tonight, among other commitments throughout the day.

It shouldn't because I should be asleep for another four hours minimum. It is the weekend. What is bloody going on here people?!

Â