Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

25 minutes ago, Xela said:

Goodrich, not far from Ross-on-Wye

That whole route, Monmouth, Goodrich, Ross with Malvern hills off to the side is pretty much my regular commute, minimum twice a week.

I shake up my days by sometimes using the drive through Starbucks outside Ross and sometimes using Strensham services.

Edited by chrisp65
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I use the Farrow & Ball outlet shop and have a coffee over the road when we have a meeting half way between the two offices.

Ooh, Farrow and Ball, get you. 

11 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

That whole route, Monmouth, Goodrich, Ross with Malvern hills off to the side is pretty much my regular commute, minimum twice a week.

I shake up my days by sometimes using the drive through Starbucks outside Ross and sometimes using Strensham services.

As motorway/A-road journeys go, that stretch is quite nice and stress free. 

Used Strensham before as we have the occasional 'off-site' in Tewksbury and its the last chance to stop beforehand 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, snowychap said:

Where's the Farrow & Ball outlet shop?

Right, no idea on street names, there’s a line of shops that includes an HSBC, Nationwide, Cafe Niro and Costa. Elevated above that on the main road through is an independent coffee shop (maybe called Gallery) and an interior design nick nack shop. The interior design woman has Farrow & Ball.

Superb description. 

** Bellevue Terrace / Church Street

Edited by chrisp65
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Ooh, Farrow and Ball, get you. 

Show the Client a Farrow & Ball sample chart. Be very careful to say ‘like that’ when suggesting one.

Down the nearest paint merchants and get something mixed up for a third of the price.

You’d be gobsmacked how many retailers think their shops are painted with F&B.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Right, no idea on street names, there’s a line of shops that includes an HSBC, Nationwide, Cafe Niro and Costa. Elevated above that on the main road through is an independent coffee shop (maybe called Gallery) and an interior design nick nack shop. The interior design woman has Farrow & Ball.

Superb description. 

There's a few independent coffee shops/cafes thereabouts. I think the 'Gallery' is Gallery 36 - which is a bar/restaurant that used to be Olivers (and has gone by various names) and it would be on Belle Vue Terrace (i.e. the A49 in that little section of Gt Malvern).

Have you gone and had a look at the Rose Bank Gardens a few hundred yards up the road?

The_Diamond_Jubilee_sculpture_(detail).jpgrosebank_gardens_2096.jpg

by Walenty Pytel

A sculpture by Pytel of two buzzards, which he has said will be his last major art-work, was installed in Rosebank Gardens, Great Malvern in November 2012.

Edited by snowychap

1 minute ago, chrisp65 said:

Nope not done the gardens, that would be skiving. A coffee with someone, that’s networking!

:)

It's art & culture. Two minutes walk - just past Lloyds and The Mount Pleasant. Sculpture looks even better in the dark when lit up (so organise a meeting in late afternoon in Nov/Dec).

• Like 1

When people try and justify why I am obligated to do something with rationale that suggests I owe it to them, when the reality is they are asking me a favour.

Just ask me politely and with the mutual understanding that it is a request that you want for yourself and not a duty I have to be responsible for. Makes all the difference.

More often than not I'll be happy to help you achieve whatever I can, being of service can be rewarding when the beneficiary of my efforts allows me freedom and respect.

7 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

david_brent_life_on_the_road_music.jpg

• Like 2

Google Maps Street View is seriously getting on my tits today

the ever increasing bugbear of it launching me inside someones shop, really don't care, then there's the every growing numbers of silly user uploaded panoramas that you can't get out of but today's main thing is is keeps putting me in a time machine back to 2008 when I want the 2019 view, that was happening all morning, so I'd push it back to the latest available, which is a pain but now I've returned from lunch its taken away all the 2019 street views that were there this morning

Grrrrrrr!

48 minutes ago, bickster said:

Google Maps Street View is seriously getting on my tits today

the ever increasing bugbear of it launching me inside someones shop, really don't care, then there's the every growing numbers of silly user uploaded panoramas that you can't get out of but today's main thing is is keeps putting me in a time machine back to 2008 when I want the 2019 view, that was happening all morning, so I'd push it back to the latest available, which is a pain but now I've returned from lunch its taken away all the 2019 street views that were there this morning

Grrrrrrr!

Stop pissing about on Street View and get some work done! :)

• Haha 1

Having to register for a code on the dvla website so I can rent a car in england

My German missus doesn't need to, she can just turn up with her german driving license but I can't turn up with my UK one I need more 

How's that work?! 

And then you have register with an online identity company, download their app, scan in a photo, scan in your passport, answer lots of questions... Not a **** chance

Edited by villa4europe

Â