Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

37 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

I mentioned a while ago that I've developed a really bad habit of meeting people with names that are in songs and singing them aloud without realising I'm doing it.  Had a bad one today, I just burst out 'Pictures of Lily!' from The Who song really loudly as there is a new girl called Lily at work.  The look she gave me, **** hell.

this one will cheer her up for sure :D 

Having to stay in work 2 and half hours later than usual due to needing to get something done (that something only landed on my desk at midday). I have the choice of taking the hours back or getting paid, that isn't the issue. I reckon I'll have to do the same tomorrow too as todays work has caused a backlog on my normal load plus the Police hit me with a massive Production Order towards the end of the day. I already know my day tomorrow will be shit and I think it's that that's pissing me off

4 hours ago, Xela said:

I wasn't a fan of Epcot when I went as a kid. Seemed a bit too much like learning!

Do they still have Splash Mountain and Space Mountain at Magic Kingdom?

Yeah, and Big Thunder mountain. We went on Splash and Thunder. Queue was too big for Space mountain.

We’ve just got back from Blizzard Beach (Disney water park) and had a great day. It’s much cooler today than it has been (23/24) but plenty warm enough to be out swimming. The water in the entire place is heated which is ridiculous. It was incredibly quiet and we’ve had an awesome time. Couple of absolute WORLDIE babes sat next to us all day 😱

I thought maybe all the parks were quiet but I was wrong, just had a look on the app at the queues. Loads of rides north of 90 minutes.

45-C152-DA-B2-CE-4-C14-8-D0-B-33-A462-FC

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I went to Blizzard Beach with the wife this time last year, and it was quiet then too. Maybe it's just quieter than the other parks. Have to admit it was a lot of fun though. 

It was super quiet, literally stepped into everything without anyone in front. 

I think it’s down to being the first cooler day for a little while. They’d be losing a fortune if it was always this quiet.

• Like 2

Led Zeppelin were named after John Entwistle and Keith Moon told Page his new band would go down 'like a lead balloon'. The 'a' was dropped in case people thought it was pronounced 'leed' (as in 'lead guitar'). So, arguably, their name refers to a Zeppelin that is being led, rather than the heavy metal it is made from. 

Edited by mjmooney

7 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Led Zeppelin were named after John Entwistle and Keith Moon told Page his new band would go down 'like a lead balloon'. The 'a' was dropped in case people thought it was pronounced 'leed' (as in 'lead guitar'). So, arguably, their name refers to a Zeppelin that is being led, rather than the heavy metal it is made from. 

Quite a prophetic name in the end.  Led by most bands who preceded them, given their propensity for plagiarism.

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Genie said:

Yeah, and Big Thunder mountain. We went on Splash and Thunder. Queue was too big for Space mountain.

We’ve just got back from Blizzard Beach (Disney water park) and had a great day. It’s much cooler today than it has been (23/24) but plenty warm enough to be out swimming. The water in the entire place is heated which is ridiculous. It was incredibly quiet and we’ve had an awesome time. Couple of absolute WORLDIE babes sat next to us all day 😱

I thought maybe all the parks were quiet but I was wrong, just had a look on the app at the queues. Loads of rides north of 90 minutes.

You been to Typhoon Lagoon? Always preferred that to Blizzard Beach in the times I went. 

As for the worldies... pics or GTFO :D

Â