Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

There is this middle aged lady at work who has a pencil case, and every evening she packs away every single thing on her desk into the drawers.

Watching her pack away her pens and pencils, and ruler, and tipex, and magnifying glass, and markers, and highlighters into her stupid pencil case really ****es me off.

Just chuck it in the drawer and **** off.

She's teaching you how to waste time and get paid for it, you should treat it as a life lesson

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Jimzk5 said:

I worked on a building site with someone like this for years, when your doing a physical job, especially in the heat of summer of course your going to sweat but this bloke smelt like a rotting donkey carcass, he was told about it and it didn't change, I'd say things like doing anything tonight Dan? No he'd reply I said well have a bath then cus you **** stink

It got to the stage we were drawing on him with marker pens to see if they were washed off the next day, they never were, we even put a tin of deodorant in his work bag and they next day he said his missus emptied the bag and forgot to put it back in. 

Vile person 

3 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

That's mad. People obviously just don't care.

I can kind of understand if someone is oblivious (although how you can be oblivious is beyond me too). But to be told about it and still not do anything is crazy.

To be honest, that sounds more like depression or a self-esteem issue than anything else. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

To be honest, that sounds more like depression or a self-esteem issue than anything else. 

You know there are medical conditions that do this to people too, like trimethylaminuria (I looked it up)

Just now, bickster said:

You know there are medical conditions that do this to people too, like trimethylaminuria (I looked it up)

Yeah, that's a fair point too. 

I guess my point is, if you've told a bloke a thousand times that he stinks and he still stinks every time he sees you, maybe 'telling him once more that he stinks, but in a more demeaning way' isn't a golden bullet solution to the problem. Maybe it's a medical condition, maybe it's a self-esteem problem, maybe it's some kind of misguided defiance, maybe it's a financial issue and really he's spent all his spare cash in the slot machine and can't pay the gas bill, who knows. Or maybe he's just a disagreeable old git; it happens, they do exist. But hectoring seems like a strategy that had already proven a failure in this case. 

• Like 1

We used to have this customer that everyone used to avoid like the plague because she really did stink because of a medical condition. She never went far but she gave every driver a can of air freshener when she got in and spent the entire journey apologising, then gave you about three times the fare. You then spend the next 15 mins driving round with your windows open, even in the rain.

Got a team of builders working on the outer wall of my bedroom at the moment. Here at 7am sharp daily.

No big deal, I'm up by that time most days anyway. But the incessant drilling at that time of morning I could do without.

If it's not drilling then it's overhearing the carpenters talk about prolonging the jobs duration on account of being underpaid.

That's their business, but the build has taken nearly two weeks, time to take your worksite radio and drilling on to the next site!

15 minutes ago, bickster said:

Bizarre logic. Get the job done quicker and find a better paying job!

"Longy, mate, you're working too hard, you're gonna get the job done too quickly at this rate, they're not paying you enough to work this hard. Slow down, spread it out 'til next week"

I assumed it would be something like they quoted a schedule and the costs for labour for that period of time.

So finishing up early would look like they overcharged because the job was easier than what was quoted. If that makes sense?

But I don't know and I don't really care. I'm not paying the bill, we live in a housing co-op. We just wait a few years for maintenance issues to be resolved.

There has been days where they've come in and done a few measurements then spent half the day on smoko shooting the breeze.

The rent is cheap, so no doubt maintenance expenditure is too.

2 hours ago, choffer said:

The steady dripping noise in the stud wall behind the shower. I'm going to be shelling out for a new bathroom, I'm sure.

Every time I now turn my oven on I hear a ticking (might be a dripping noise) in the wall.
Just waiting for my house to blow up.

Professional small talk by that I mean the shit that barbers (and Taxi drivers I imagine) talk when you're in the chair

FFS what have you been up to today... are you going on holiday this year.. did you watch the match last night

Just cut my effin hair and be done with it, I really have to struggle to deal with your inane banter, your tip would be better if you just got on with it

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, bickster said:

Professional small talk by that I mean the shit that barbers (and Taxi drivers I imagine) talk when you're in the chair

FFS what have you been up to today... are you going on holiday this year.. did you watch the match last night

Just cut my effin hair and be done with it, I really have to struggle to deal with your inane banter, your tip would be better if you just got on with it

Had a taxi driver take me 6km free of charge the other day. Didn't say a word other than to tell me to relax when I offered him my money!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, A'Villan said:

Had a taxi driver take me 6km free of charge the other day. Didn't say a word other than to tell me to relax when I offered him my money!

I'd have paid him double for saying nothing :D

Getting Taxis is a nightmare for me.

Using another firm would be extremely frowned upon (and they are mostly populated by our ex-drivers who probably hate me)

I'm also too well known in the industry and especially our firm, as soon as I get in they want to know why this happens why that rule exists, what happens if...

So as much as I don't get the usual shite I get shop talk and as much as I want to turn round and say "Mate, give it a rest! it's not good form

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bickster said:

I always go at the same time on the same day of the week to make sure I get the same barber to have the same conversation, 5 minutes about Villa, 5 minutes about Spurs, then get the **** out of there quick as possible.  

2 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

I always go at the same time on the same day of the week to make sure I get the same barber to have the same conversation, 5 minutes about Villa, 5 minutes about Spurs, then get the **** out of there quick as possible.  

I went at an odd time for me today and my usual barber wasn't in. The usual guy understands that I don't really give a shit, this guy didn't and spent 35 minutes cutting little bits here and there, he must have used five different sized ends on his clippers just doing the sides. Is it really that hard to do as I asked, No 3 at the sides and leave an inch on top, then he asked how I normally "wear" my hair (meaning which way do I brush / comb it), he seemed perplexed at however it wakes up, I had to explain that I literally do sod all to my hair, it just sits on my head but god did he really try to have a conversation with me and at no point did he take my one word single syllable answers as a hint to f***ing stop.

I have noted to never go in on a Thursday again.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, bickster said:

"so,  what time you on till mate?"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, ferguson1 said:

Strange question to ask a barber?

Not really,  it was said with some irony.  Yesterday,  the bloke in the seat next to me in the Barber's in question had a funny shaped head and kept breaking the clippers,  it looked like it might take a while you see.

• Like 1

Â