Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

21 hours ago, bickster said:

Having to stay in work 2 and half hours later than usual due to needing to get something done (that something only landed on my desk at midday). I have the choice of taking the hours back or getting paid, that isn't the issue. I reckon I'll have to do the same tomorrow too as todays work has caused a backlog on my normal load plus the Police hit me with a massive Production Order towards the end of the day. I already know my day tomorrow will be shit and I think it's that that's pissing me off

Day 2 - yesterdays Production Order is massive, this'll be overtime all week :bang:

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Xela said:

You been to Typhoon Lagoon? Always preferred that to Blizzard Beach in the times I went. 

As for the worldies... pics or GTFO :D

The one chick was lying just behind my daughter, blue thong bikini (not my daughter before someone says it...), it was incredible. I almost took a picture of my little girl just for the back ground :lol:

Typhoon lagoon currently closed for refurbishment.

15 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

People who stink.  Ok if you dont have a shower every day at least give your armpits and biffin a quick flannelling in the morning.

My first job when I was 18 we had a woman called Stella in her early to mid twenties who stunk. It was that stinging sweat odour that felt like it literally hit you when you went anywhere near her. 

I vaguely remember the problem going away, maybe someone had a word with her. It didn’t matter, Stella would hilariously be referred to as “Smella” in certain sections of the department for years to come.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

My first job when I was 18 we had a woman called Stella in her early to mid twenties who stunk. It was that stinging sweat odour that felt like it literally hit you when you went anywhere near her. 

I vaguely remember the problem going away, maybe someone had a word with her. It didn’t matter, Stella would hilariously be referred to as “Smella” in certain sections of the department for years to come.

We've got a bloke who I swear must live in the woods and coughs like he's got tuberculosis.  As one of the comedians put it, it's not surprising in a culture where you can get 48 hour deodorant, some people must think 'I won't have a shower today, I put some deodorant on yesterday morning'.  

• Haha 1

When i worked at villa park on a matchday, i was on the door of the north stand corporate lounge (the door next to the police entrance)...anyway, i was working during euro 96 and the north stand banqueting suite was hired out to a lot of big hitting punters/companies and the usual villa lounge hostesses were replaced by dolly birds rented from Dave Prowse corp hospitality ltd.

So...all the staff would arrive through my door about 3 hours before the guests show up. Chefs, waiting and bar staff along with Dave Prowse's glamourpusses. One of the silver service waitresses was a petite blonde girl, absolutely stunning looking but jesus H Christ, she totally hummed ! I mean, she'd walk through our door and i would breathe through my mouth until she went upstairs but it was THAT bad, her odour would hang in the air for about 5 mins after she had gone. It didn't make sense. I mean, she was a stunning, natural looking girl who surely must've been aware of the smell ? As for serving at the table, god knows how the punters didn't barf their dinner up ! 

Perhaps she had a problem ? Perhaps. However, she didn't make any effort to mask it. I asked other staff and one who knew of her said she lived in a squat with her dealer boyfriend; she was a militant animal rights activist and was only doing the job to fund more protests.

23 years later and i can still recall her stench !

Edited by mottaloo
  • Like 2

The black and white thinking in On Topic.

It shouldn't piss me off because after being on here for 15 years you'd think I'd be used to it, but the lack of any nuanced thinking just grates on me from time to time.

It'll never change.

bart simpson do not want GIF

• Like 3

14 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

People who stink.  Ok if you dont have a shower every day at least give your armpits and biffin a quick flannelling in the morning.

Yep, one of my pet hates too.

I just don't understand how people can let themselves smell so bad. They must be aware of what they smell like.

And a shower even every other day would stop that happening. it's not hard. it's like 5 minutes of your day. Grow up.

On 24/02/2019 at 19:15, bickster said:

not really it's a synonym for borrow

You don't scrounge something you own to someone else

It's not the same as borrow, which means to use something belonging to somebody else with the intention of returning it.  Scrounge is to ask for something for free rather than earning it or buying it yourself.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

It shouldn't piss me off because after being on here for 15 years you'd think I'd be used to it, but the lack of any nuanced thinking just grates on me from time to time.

It'll never change.

It is grating.

I take comfort knowing that pretty every other football forum I’ve seen is similar. Regardless of the standing of the club.

36 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

It is grating.

I take comfort knowing that pretty every other football forum I’ve seen is similar. Regardless of the standing of the club.

Football is a black and white game though really. If you are winning nothing else really matters, if you are losing then everything matters.

1 hour ago, Designer1 said:

It'll never change.

bart simpson do not want GIF

It's horrendous, even though I still post there.

"I love Dean Smith"

"yeah but don't you think that one sub was pretty iffy?"

"NO! I LOVE DEAN SMITH AND EVERYTHING HE DOES IS AMAZING!"

or

"Steve Bruce is the worst manager ever"

"yeah but he did do some good things"

"NO! HE IS THE DEVIL!!!!!"

(you can swap Bruce and Smith's name into either example and it still works)

Edited by Stevo985

3 hours ago, Risso said:

It's not the same as borrow, which means to use something belonging to somebody else with the intention of returning it.  Scrounge is to ask for something for free rather than earning it or buying it yourself.

synonym

Dictionary result for synonym

/ˈsɪnənɪm/
noun
  1. a word or phrase that means exactly or nearly the same as another word or phrase in the same language, for example, shut is a synonym of close.
    "‘the East’ was a synonym for the Soviet empire"

:mrgreen:

8 minutes ago, Jimzk5 said:

I worked on a building site with someone like this for years, when your doing a physical job, especially in the heat of summer of course your going to sweat but this bloke smelt like a rotting donkey carcass, he was told about it and it didn't change, I'd say things like doing anything tonight Dan? No he'd reply I said well have a bath then cus you **** stink

It got to the stage we were drawing on him with marker pens to see if they were washed off the next day, they never were, we even put a tin of deodorant in his work bag and they next day he said his missus emptied the bag and forgot to put it back in. 

Vile person 

That's mad. People obviously just don't care.

I can kind of understand if someone is oblivious (although how you can be oblivious is beyond me too). But to be told about it and still not do anything is crazy.

There is this middle aged lady at work who has a pencil case, and every evening she packs away every single thing on her desk into the drawers.

Watching her pack away her pens and pencils, and ruler, and tipex, and magnifying glass, and markers, and highlighters into her stupid pencil case really ****es me off.

Just chuck it in the drawer and **** off.

19 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

There is this middle aged lady at work who has a pencil case, and every evening she packs away every single thing on her desk into the drawers.

Watching her pack away her pens and pencils, and ruler, and tipex, and magnifying glass, and markers, and highlighters into her stupid pencil case really ****es me off.

Just chuck it in the drawer and **** off.

She probably eats her food alphabetically too :

chips then fish then peas

Â