Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

On 01/03/2019 at 14:30, Davkaus said:

Recruiting someone for a 1 year maternity cover role, then 6 weeks in to the role, her enquiring about maternity cover because she is pregnant and will need to go off on maternity leave in 4 months. And knew about it before taking the job. For 12 months. 

:bang:

HR insist I can't recommend an abortion.

That genuinely should be a sack-able offence. Can you not find 'another reason' to get rid of her? She wouldn't have tenure of employment so wouldn't be that hard.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss
  • Like 1

The knowing about it before taking the job is what makes that really shitty. 

If it happened after she took the job then fair enough. Shit happens. But knowing about it and then taking the roles is poor. 

• Like 3

A few years ago I was at a black tie dinner with a few clients and I was chatting to one about this business and how it had bucked the trend in that particular industry and doing really well. His reply to being successful? He said he paid his staff well above the average for the role in the sector, which encouraged loyalty and a stronger work ethic and he also said he never employed women of child bearing age in pivotal roles in the business! 

Edited by Xela

32 minutes ago, Xela said:

A few years ago I was at a black tie dinner with a few clients and I was chatting to one about this business and how it had bucked the trend in that particular industry and doing really well. His reply to being successful? He said he paid his staff well above the average for the role in the sector, which encouraged loyalty and a stronger work ethic and he also said he never employed women of child bearing age in pivotal roles in the business

I bet he had to keep that one quiet 😮

24 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

I bet he had to keep that one quiet 😮

I wouldn't expect that attitude from the CEO of a PLC or a major company. A small business though? I can see why they may be inclined to thing that way, just looking at the example on this page.

• Like 1

Driving back from Shropshire earlier, you can always tell when you're entering the West Mids then you start encountering appalling standards of driving!

19 minutes ago, Xela said:

Driving back from Shropshire earlier, you can always tell when you're entering the West Mids then you start encountering appalling standards of driving!

You really should try Bradford. 

26 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Or Liverpool and especially Formby. Formby should have its own version of the Highway Code where upmarket German marques automatically have right of way, 4WDs can park on double yellows and anyone over the age of 65 will reverse any rules of the road you think exist

13 minutes ago, bickster said:

Or Liverpool and especially Formby. Formby should have its own version of the Highway Code where upmarket German marques automatically have right of way, 4WDs can park on double yellows and anyone over the age of 65 will reverse any rules of the road you think exist

Different style in Bradford. Couldn't tell you what the cars are (as I know nothing about that sort of thing), but they're probably stolen, and are driven by Asian teenage boys without insurance or driving licences. 

• Like 2

I’m sat at a table in the pub opposite where my daughter lives. I have a table to myself by the door for ease of nipping out for a ciggie and keeping an eye on my spec. I’ve ordered food, I’m eating it. It’s raining outside and everyone is queuing for the theatre (upstairs of pub) inside the pub. This throbber has just sat him and his family down on my table’s spare two seats without even asking. Are they even having a drink, are they shite

I was in an excellent mood

• Haha 4

17 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Different style in Bradford. Couldn't tell you what the cars are (as I know nothing about that sort of thing), but they're probably stolen, and are driven by Asian teenage boys without insurance or driving licences. 

See also: Luton

I think one of my pet peeves are people in stores who are obviously selling the crap I am looking at, who can't let me walk around alone looking at stuff. I refuse to buy anything in any store where people piss me off by nagging me about helping me. Know it's stupid, but it's completely true. If I want help I will **** ask for it. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I think one of my pet peeves are people in stores who are obviously selling the crap I am looking at, who can't let me walk around alone looking at stuff. I refuse to buy anything in any store where people piss me off by nagging me about helping me. Know it's stupid, but it's completely true. If I want help I will **** ask for it. 

If no thanks doesn’t get rid of them, I walk out

2 hours ago, mjmooney said:

I really shouldn't! :D

All I know is that the requirement of a valid UK driving licence in some communities is generally seen as optional. 

Edited by Xela

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

Ricers?   We get a lot of them around here also, though I suspect the "variety" of Asian boys is a different one than yours.

Kim Jong Un Ricer - Imgur.jpg

• Like 1

21 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

In New York in winter, while family were looking in shops I had no interest in, I started off going in with them, I kept getting asked if I needed help, each time trying to find somewhere more out of the way but they'd still find me. After that I just stayed outside despite it being freezing.

Suppose it makes a change from not being able to find someone to help you like often happens here, but it's infuriating.

Just watching one of those antiques programmes (I was bored). The presenter is discussing a 1965 set of Rolling Stones autographs, claiming that they are his favourite band. So he explains that "Brian Jones left in 1969, and was replaced by Ronnie Wood". 

Sack him. 

• Haha 3

I just had a response to an email I sent to a repair company requesting a quote. I sent the email at the start of January. they didn't apologise or give any indication that they thought there was anything unusual about replying 2 months later.

I've obviously already had the work done, but in May I'm going to reply asking them to attend urgently in July.

• Haha 1

Â