Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

3 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

By October I’m thinking about Xmas, by November, it’s the beginning of the run up to xmas. Favourite part of the year by a mile. Tree won’t go up until the second week of December though. I did see someone with their decorations up yesterday, in Wednesbury. 

clearings in the woods!

2 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

I kinda feel the same way about wine , beer etc  ... The notion of a glass of wine / beer with my dinner just does nothing for me , an ice cold Pepsi max with dinner every time for me

Binge drinking lad nights out being the exception

Oh well, to each his own. For me it's wine with every evening meal, home or out. 

And the thought of a binge drinking lads' night out fills me with horror. 

• Like 3

I rarely drink. I'll have the odd ale with a meal at home, usually on a Friday/ Saturday night, but I very rarely drink alcohol at any other time (mainly because I don't really go to any pubs/clubs, and I avoid most social gatherings, because I'm a happy soul like that).

We had a work lunch yesterday at a pub in town, I had a coke. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

I don't know whether I should feel like an alky for having a drink every evening... or an ascetic for never binge drinking. 

I'd have a drink most evenings if it wasn't for the fact I go out in the car after my tea for a few hours

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

Oh well, to each his own. For me it's wine with every evening meal, home or out. 

And the thought of a binge drinking lads' night out fills me with horror. 

The binge sessions are the best (imo)  only do them once every couple of months but a 12 hour session with a bit of lunch , take in a game of football and a live band in the evening  .. and the chat and obligatory stupid jokes that go with it .. its great fun , we vary the location kept it as fresh as we can

I just don't see what wine brings to a meal if I'm honest  .. it's up there with vegan sausages in the "Why would you "  ... but then some people like Queen , each to his own as you say :)

21 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

I don't know whether I should feel like an alky for having a drink every evening... or an ascetic for never binge drinking. 

reminds me of  conversations with various people I used to work with  .. they go home from work and have a bottle of wine(or 2)  every night with their wife over dinner and TV  ..and it's seen as the height of sophistication

I go on a bender once every couple of months and I'm a raving alcoholic

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

reminds me of  conversations with various people I used to work with  .. they go home from work and have a bottle of wine(or 2)  every night with their wife over dinner and TV  ..and it's seen as the height of sophistication

I go on a bender once every couple of months and I'm a raving alcoholic

It is an interesting discussion, I guess it depends whether you feel its more self control to only drink once a week to excess or drink regularly but never to excess. Its easy to see why so many people in this country have a problem with alcohol because whichever side you fall on you really aren't far away from changing your routine slightly and suddenly drinking far more than you should be.

I don't drink at home.  Christmas being the exception.  Although some lemons turned up the other week so I decided to make old fashioneds ... which reminded me why I don't drink at home.

Going sober for a few weeks did help me reduce the midweek drinking, but I could never outlaw wine or whisky from the house. It's too nice! Whisky, wine, cocktails, rum, the occasional lager, all within the comfort of your own home?  I don't do big nights out though, if I do go to the pub, it's usually for 2 or 3 tops.

• Like 2

Because I have been having a fairly irritatingly shit week, more irritating that world destroying, I have drank at home in the week, which I dont do. I will do it again tonight whilst shouting at the apprentice.

Just now, Seat68 said:

Because I have been having a fairly irritatingly shit week, more irritating that world destroying, I have drank at home in the week, which I dont do. I will do it again tonight whilst shouting at the apprentice.

Don't watch the apprentice, problem solved

• Like 1

Â