Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

12 minutes ago, bickster said:

Nope, I know of no providers that offer "better deals" on PAYG, not one

Almost zero hassle > zero hassle

My point was if you tell your provider 

"I'm leaving for giff gaff because for the same money I pay you I can get more with them"

Your current provider will probably say something like

"Ok well we can offer you your same deal but for £15 a month instead"

That way you are saving money by not leaving. Just costs you a phone call.

Not accepting a small amount of hassle is how people sleepwalk into spending shit loads more than they need to for their phone/tv/internet etc

Edited by Stevo985

6 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

My point was if you tell your provider 

"I'm leaving for giff gaff because for the same money I pay you I can get more with them"

Your current provider will probably say something like

"Ok well we can offer you your same deal but for £15 a month instead"

That way you are saving money by not leaving. Just costs you a phone call.

Not accepting a small amount of hassle is how people sleepwalk into spending shit loads more than they need to for their phone/tv/internet etc

I'm on PAYG, I do not have a pay monthly plan, I buy credit and top up my phone, there is no mechanism for this to take place. Sometimes I don't top up more than a fiver because I don't need the data. I do not require a fixed price deal for x number of months, it would cost me money. If I know it's going to be a low data month, I will top up the minimum, this is rare but does happen.

Paying a fixed fee monthly is how people also pay shitloads more than they need to

When I’m looking up reviews of pubs online, ideally I’d like to see pictures of the actual pub to get an idea of whether it looks good.

I don’t need 90% of the pictures that show me someone’s pie & chips or sticky toffee pudding, as delicious as I’m sure it was.

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

and with that I became @mjmooney

mh5Fq3Jn60G1GqGP1PmYSNbiAWJ9jLemG7X3p0uV

39 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Not quite sure how I am being referenced, there. 

dunno , but if Baselayers can turn out to be a man , then maybe you're the girl in the green cardigan  ?

25 minutes ago, bickster said:

I'm on PAYG, I do not have a pay monthly plan, I buy credit and top up my phone, there is no mechanism for this to take place. Sometimes I don't top up more than a fiver because I don't need the data. I do not require a fixed price deal for x number of months, it would cost me money. If I know it's going to be a low data month, I will top up the minimum, this is rare but does happen.

Paying a fixed fee monthly is how people also pay shitloads more than they need to

Ah fair enough. I missed the PAYG part.

Your last sentence is wrong though. I'm sure that can be right, but evidently there are people in this thread, myself included who get more and pay less than you by paying a fixed monthly rate.

But each to their own. If your way works for you then there's no worries. Was just trying to save you a few bob!

Edited by Stevo985

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Ah fair enough. I missed the PAYG part.

Your last sentence is wrong though. I'm sure that can be right, but evidently there are people in this thread, myself included who get more and pay less than you by paying a fixed monthly rate.

But each to their own. If your way works for you then there's no worries. Was just trying to save you a few bob!

Trust me, you can't. Not only that but I very much doubt I'd even qualify for a contract. Credit rating totally shot

When I buy something and the person serving me asks for my email address to send the receipt to. Just give me my receipt so I can leave, I don't want to stand there reciting my email address to receive an email I am just going to delete.

Must be worse if you have an old email address...

11 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

dunno , but if Baselayers can turn out to be a man , then maybe you're the girl in the green cardigan  ?

No, actually, I'm that bloke in the background. The singer in Radiohead. George Orwell. 

11 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

When I buy something and the person serving me asks for my email address to send the receipt to.

I don't like this either.

My approach is this:

[Assistant] "Can I have your e mail address please?"

[me] "No"

Usual response from the assistant is a sort of blank look, a pause, and then "ah, OK, we'll pass on that part", A few have mentioned "don't you want to be on our mailing list, for offers and discounts...?"

[me] "No"

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

When I buy something and the person serving me asks for my email address to send the receipt to. Just give me my receipt so I can leave, I don't want to stand there reciting my email address to receive an email I am just going to delete.

Must be worse if you have an old email address...

I have an email that begins shuvitupyerarse@ for such purposes

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Not quite sure how I am being referenced, there. 

More a comment on me not understanding the references and therefore was a good time to bring Thom Yorke in. Not that you dont know who Thom Yorke is. 

Edited by Seat68

3 hours ago, blandy said:

I don't like this either.

My approach is this:

[Assistant] "Can I have your e mail address please?"

[me] "No"

Usual response from the assistant is a sort of blank look, a pause, and then "ah, OK, we'll pass on that part", A few have mentioned "don't you want to be on our mailing list, for offers and discounts...?"

[me] "No"

same

nothing rude or aggressive, they ask for my e-mail and I say no.

Strangely, this has resulted in my missus offering to pay in a couple of shops 'rather than be embarassed'.

Weirdo. I bet she gives my e-mail.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Â