Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

11 hours ago, Davkaus said:

Anyone who goes out of their way to see the coca cola truck should be subdued and transported to the nearest river, where they should be drowned. 

Look Mum there's a truck advertising sugary liquid

An event for people who like to point and people who believe Christmas is magical for children

12 hours ago, Davkaus said:

Anyone who goes out of their way to see the coca cola truck should be subdued and transported to the nearest river, where they should be drowned. 

This is the only lorry people should be looking out for

0_2.jpg

• Haha 1

Just now, Seat68 said:

It is, now stop it you grumpy shits. My tree goes up in ten minutes. I never apologise for my ridiculous enthusiasm for Christmas and as soon as the last trick or treater has had the door closed on them it starts. My enjoyment of Christmas effects no one other than myself and it harms no one. I had decades of poor Christmases with parents that thought a kaleidoscope or a pen were great presents. My daughter came along and that was it, we started doing Christmas right and across the family our enthusiasm reaches Elf levels, with the addition of a grandson it has gone even more bonkers. I love it, I love seeing the Coca Cola ad, I count down the days to the John Lewis ad, we have Buble on rotation and the tree goes up as soon as it is considered acceptable within the household. In summary I **** love Christmas.

I'm the same.

I **** love christmas. yeah it's a bit annoying that everything starts so early. But it's my favourite time of year.

I've said before on here, but for me I think it's because when i was growing up, Christmas wasn't a great time. My mom managed a hotel so she was insanely busy at christmas. She'd do 80 hour weeks regularly and it completely changed her. She was so stressed she was like a different person.
And my sisters and I also worked at the hotel, so christmas wasn't time off for us.

I'd work christmas eve, christmas day, boxing day and then the weekend after, which was obviously often the next day or two, from the age of 15 to about 21, as would my sisters. I'm not complaining, lots of people have to do that. But back then it wasn't time off for us. I was the busiest working period of the year.

These days, none of us work in that environment anymore. Mom is retired, sisters have different job, I'm off all of christmas.
So suddenly Christmas is complete time off for all of us. I go to my mom's on christmas eve and just slum around until new years eating food and drinking and spending time with the family.

I understand why it drives people mad. But for me it's bliss.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

It is, now stop it you grumpy shits. My tree goes up in ten minutes. I never apologise for my ridiculous enthusiasm for Christmas and as soon as the last trick or treater has had the door closed on them it starts. My enjoyment of Christmas effects no one other than myself and it harms no one. I had decades of poor Christmases with parents that thought a kaleidoscope or a pen were great presents. My daughter came along and that was it, we started doing Christmas right and across the family our enthusiasm reaches Elf levels, with the addition of a grandson it has gone even more bonkers. I love it, I love seeing the Coca Cola ad, I count down the days to the John Lewis ad, we have Buble on rotation and the tree goes up as soon as it is considered acceptable within the household. In summary I **** love Christmas.

So do I. But starting it now means peaking too early, and I'd be sick of it by mid December. Start nearer the date, and make it an intense fortnight, not a watered down two months. 

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

I'm the same.

I **** love christmas. yeah it's a bit annoying that everything starts so early. But it's my favourite time of year.

I've said before on here, but for me I think it's because when i was growing up, Christmas wasn't a great time. My mom managed a hotel so she was insanely busy at christmas. She'd do 80 hour weeks regularly and it completely changed her. She was so stressed she was like a different person.
And my sisters and I also worked at the hotel, so christmas wasn't time off for us.

I'd work christmas eve, christmas day, boxing day and then the weekend after, which was obviously often the next day or two, from the age of 15 to about 21, as would my sisters. I'm not complaining, lots of people have to do that. But back then it wasn't time off for us. I was the busiest working period of the year.

These days, none of us work in that environment anymore. Mom is retired, sisters have different job, I'm off all of christmas.
So suddenly Christmas is complete time off for all of us. I go to my mom's on christmas eve and just slum around until new years eating food and drinking and spending time with the family.

I understand why it drives people mad. But for me it's bliss.

I get that if people aren't into it, then it can be irritating, I concede that, for everything that annoys people I enjoy. 

By October I’m thinking about Xmas, by November, it’s the beginning of the run up to xmas. Favourite part of the year by a mile. Tree won’t go up until the second week of December though. I did see someone with their decorations up yesterday, in Wednesbury. 

12 hours ago, Davkaus said:

on the C word theme

anyone tried the Cinnamon flavoured Coke Zero yet  .... me like ..not as good as Pepsi max , but decent for a plan B

Edited by tonyh29

17 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

on the C word theme

anyone tried the Cinnamon flavoured Coke Zero yet  .... me like ..not as good as Pepsi max , but decent for a plan B

I have a Coke or Pepsi (don't care which, as long as it's original, not 'diet' or strange flavoured) maybe once every two years. Can't understand how anyone (let alone adults) can drink it day in day out. 

5 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

I have a Coke or Pepsi (don't care which, as long as it's original, not 'diet' or strange flavoured) maybe once every two years. Can't understand how anyone (let alone adults) can drink it day in day out. 

Much prefer Coca Cola over Pepsi. Infact, I love Coca Cola, but rarely drink it. 

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

I kinda feel the same way about wine , beer etc  ... The notion of a glass of wine / beer with my dinner just does nothing for me , an ice cold Pepsi max with dinner every time for me

Binge drinking lad nights out being the exception

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

I kinda feel the same way about wine , beer etc  ... The notion of a glass of wine / beer with my dinner just does nothing for me , an ice cold Pepsi max with dinner every time for me

Binge drinking lad nights out being the exception

Yeah i'm kinda the same on that.

If I'm at a restaurant I'll have a beer or occasionally a glass of wine if other people are having a bottle.

But I never ever have alcohol with my food at home. Christmas day is probably the one exception

• Like 1

Â