Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

8 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Apparently, what we call spaghetti bolognese is NEVER eaten in Bologna. When my daughter and her mate were there a couple of years ago they kept trying to order it, meeting point-blank refusals. 

Not just in Bologna, either. I have been told that most people in Italy find spaghetti bolognese as we know it almost vulgar. I’ll admit I like a nice bowl of spag bol, but having eaten proper pasta dishes in proper restaurants in Italy, I kind of get their point. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Michelsen said:

Not just in Bologna, either. I have been told that most people in Italy find spaghetti bolognese as we know it almost vulgar. I’ll admit I like a nice bowl of spag bol, but having eaten proper pasta dishes in proper restaurants in Italy, I kind of get their point. 

Isn’t the closest Italian equivalent of our Spag Bol actually tuna based? And then obviously there is Ragu which is sauce and meat...

From memory of milan theyll use a little bit of sauce to "dirty" the pasta they wont spoon heaps of it on the top

Also tomato isnt the main ingredient, Bologna is in the north so they use a lot of root vegetables in the food, onion, celery and carrots and a little bit of meat

Tomatoes are a southern thing

Ill mix it up, make a ragu, lots of mince, sometimes celery almost always carrots and onions think its italian american more than anything else, italian has almost become like tex mex

The Head and Shoulders advert where pretend professional hairdressers are being amazed by Head and Shoulders washed hair. 

The whole advert annoys me intensely for some reason but in particular the voice of the tattooed pillock really boils my piss. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

If I'm on one of my trips and have a tour then we always invite the guide \ driver to eat with us ..it's useful as they can tell you what's traditional / local  and also as they tend to put out a bit and give you a decent tour instead of just plodding through the motions 

200w.webp

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

People who go on holiday and come back experts, see also people who go to jamaica and come back and say yeah man a lot. The spag bol chat reminds me of a prick I know that has been abroad twice Berlin and Florence and is now an expert in Italian cooking.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Seat68 said:

People who go on holiday and come back experts, see also people who go to jamaica and come back and say yeah man a lot. The spag bol chat reminds me of a prick I know that has been abroad twice Berlin and Florence and is now an expert in Italian cooking.

my friend from school has got herself a South African boyfriend and now talks with a South African accent  ... you were born in Surrey not Soweto   , don't do it

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Morley_crosses_to_Withe said:

The following phrases in emails:

“Please urgently advise”

Oh! This is urgent, you say!? Well I won’t be treating it with any sort of urgency now you’ve asked me to “urgently advise”. In fact I’ll probably be deleting your email completely as a matter of URGENCY.

”Any news?”

Yes, lots of news - Trump is getting lively with the Russians and Zuckerberg is trying to defend the harvesting of everyone’s private data. Oh, sorry - you mean “any news” related to the email you’ve sent? No, no news on that since you’ve asked me if there’s “any news” you absolute word removed. 

On the work theme, people who get the zero response from me are the ones who send an email and immediately also send a “chat” message saying “I’ve just sent you an email, I need x”

Deleted.

54 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

my friend from school has got herself a South African boyfriend and now talks with a South African accent  ... you were born in Surrey not Soweto   , don't do it

This reminds me of the occasional west indian wedding I've been to - usually of a work colleague so there was usually quite a lot of white work people also there and it was highly amusing to see them try to dance "wit riddum" to any reggae stuff the dj puts on, as if they grew up in Montego Bay ! Then I look to their side and see how it's REALLY done and done expertly by the bride's family and mates. Same when i watch cricket on sky from Barbados etc..... barmy army think they're gangsta, grinding away when in fact they're pink faced p*ssed up wannabes who should stick to that bugle and not the bogle. 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

This reminds me of the occasional west indian wedding I've been to - usually of a work colleague so there was usually quite a lot of white work people also there and it was highly amusing to see them try to dance "wit riddum" to any reggae stuff the dj puts on, as if they grew up in Montego Bay ! Then I look to their side and see how it's REALLY done and done expertly by the bride's family and mates. Same when i watch cricket on sky from Barbados etc..... barmy army think they're gangsta, grinding away when in fact they're pink faced p*ssed up wannabes who should stick to that bugle and not the bogle. 

Let the people have their fun, they mean no harm. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

are you saying that this is a thing that shouldn't piss him off?

I take your point, but it's kind of daft as a complaint. What should they be doing, standing around in top hats and monocles tut-tutting?

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

are you saying that this is a thing that shouldn't piss him off?

Seems that way; i might be wrong. Perhaps this thread should be renamed to "things that piss you off AND everyone else that shouldn't" ?

I have no problem with folk enjoying themselves but i thought I'd made it clear that it's those who believe they got the moves that annoy me. Like karaoke.... I've got a singing voice that would see me get thrown out of VP, so i don't go around thinking I'm Sinatra just cos i belted out a few at the 3 tuns on a fri night.

Does that now clear things up ? 

Edited by mottaloo

3 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I take your point, but it's kind of daft as a complaint. What should they be doing, standing around in top hats and monocles tut-tutting?

sorta reminds me of my Wedding

Mrs H's side of the family are from a small village in Hungary , it's safe to say a lot of them aren't very worldly and not travelled much further than the next village .. for some of them the trip to Budapest for the wedding was their first ever visit !!

The thought at the wedding reception all the English would be standing around drinking tea being polite saying "How do you do"  and shaking hands with everyone

Safe to say they don't think that way anymore  , though I think they were a bit bemused by the impromptu long jump competition we had on the dance floor at 1am  for reasons nobody has yet been able to fathom

12 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

I have no problem with folk enjoying themselves but i thought I'd made it clear that it's those who believe they got the moves that annoy me.

that's how I read it fwiw

saying that I'm hoping to go to cricket in West Indies next year when England tour and I've no doubt I will end up thinking I can play a Steel drum and limbo dance at the same time by about the 8th pint

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

that's how I read it fwiw

saying that I'm hoping to go to cricket in West Indies next year when England tour and I've no doubt I will end up thinking I can play a Steel drum and limbo dance at the same time by about the 8th pint

You know I'll be watching out for you with my monocle, tut tutting as i sip my pink gin :D

• Haha 2

Â