Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

At my little lads Saturday morning kick about. There are 8 children playing here ages 3 to 6. My lad has his Villa kit on. The other children have PSG, Real Madrid, Juventus and 2 in Barcelona, with two just in plain hoodies.

Am i now the odd one making him support Villa? What happens to our local teams years down the line in terms of interest?

When i played 25 years ago we were all in Villa, Blues, West Brom etc with a couple in Man U or Liverpool.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sharkyvilla said:

Shit airports. The one in what was East Berlin is absolutely shocking.

Closing this year, the all new single Berlin Airport is opening later in the year right next to that one. The other three airports are closing. This was all meant to be finished in 2012 so it’s received little investment for the best part of a decade

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Xela said:

- People whistling tunelessly. Its been mentioned before. I was in Sainsburys the other day and bloke behind me was doing it. I could have quite easily stoved his cranium in with the large bottle of bleach I had in my trolley.

I despise whistling. It's incredibly arrogant to think that anybody wants to hear you whistle. Shut the **** up. The only person not annoyed by that noise is you.

12 hours ago, Xela said:

- The fact that some of my mates are so whipped they have to get 'permission' from their other halves before they can commit to coming out for a drink. I think they secretly enjoy being doormats. 

Yep, that annoys me too. I don't mind checking with your other half. Of course. I'll do that. 
But some of my mates genuinely need permission. Like they won't have any other plans, they just have girlfriends or wives who won't let them go out.

I couldn't deal with that.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Yep, that annoys me too. I don't mind checking with your other half. Of course. I'll do that. 
But some of my mates genuinely need permission. Like they won't have any other plans, they just have girlfriends or wives who won't let them go out.

My ex wife was fine with me going out with my mates as long as she also had something planned or could set something up for the same night. If she didn't (or couldn't) make any plans then yeah, her "arseyness" kicked in big time.

Edited by mottaloo

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

It would annoy the shit out of me too, fortunately I think I've so far managed to avoid such a situation.

I decided I was going out for a few drinks on Good Friday daytime, when I told my missus, her reaction was what time?

She only wanted to know because she was going out with people from work, it would have been perfectly ok if one of us didn't have plans, she only wanted to know what time to coordinate transport if possible as we were heading in similar directions. She went out before me and met us for the last hour before we went home. Sure there has to be a degree of compromise, I wouldn't even organise something if the day was a special day or the was the potential for some sort of family event like taking our daughter to Uni or something.

I really couldn't imagine a successful relationship where I had to actually ask permission to go out.

I don't even see the need to "check in" unless something occurred that necessitated it. My missus might send me a text saying "What time are you coming home?" but thats usually to see if I can pick something up from the garage on the way home or something.

There really has to be some form of independence for each party in any relationship otherwise the partnership isn't entered into with equal partners.

• Like 3

Genuinely don't remember in 20 years of marriage asking for 'permission' to go out anywhere. Likewise I wouldn't expect my wife to need to ask me either. 

We always let each other know what we're doing of course, but having to actually ask? Absolutely no no for me.

Probably why she never annoys me :D

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I despise whistling. It's incredibly arrogant to think that anybody wants to hear you whistle. Shut the **** up. The only person not annoyed by that noise is you.

To clarify, by "checking with your other half" above, I meant checking to make sure we don't already have plans.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mottaloo said:

My ex wife was fine with me going out with my mates as long as she also had something planned or could set something up for the same night. If she didn't (or couldn't) make any plans then yeah, her "arseyness" kicked in big time.

As she's your ex wife, I feel comfortable in telling you she sounds like a dickhead.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Designer1 said:

Genuinely don't remember in 20 years of marriage asking for 'permission' to go out anywhere. Likewise I wouldn't expect my wife to need to ask me either. 

We always let each other know what we're doing of course, but having to actually ask? Absolutely no no for me.

Probably why she never annoys me :D

Yep same. 

Last time I went out my OH said "if you're back before 5am I'll be disappointed with you"

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

As she's your ex wife, I feel comfortable in telling you she sounds like a dickhead.

.....amongst many other things ! :D

Only once I ever got in to a row with my wife over going out.

I went on a jolly boys outing to Portugal and said I'd be back on Wednesday, when what I'd meant to say was Saturday.

• Like 2

The fact that I thought the match was tomorrow, and was only told half an hour to kick off, it was today by my Dad. I could have avoided watching this crap!

• Like 1

I tell the missus where I'm going and where I am. Maybe about 2am I'll send her some filthy messages, come in at 5am and conk out. 

It's stopped to an extent with the baby now, but she's just practically pushed me out of the door after 6 hours of just me and the baby dribbling at each other.

On 4/7/2018 at 07:54, mottaloo said:

@Xela - bro, I'm worried about you.....I think you need a bit of "action" lady-wise, although I do agree with all that you've said !

Mingewomble - :crylaugh:

It was cathartic to let it all out! 

I am old before my time. 

64e7ac70236a2e1f041e1033d73401d1eb343a6a

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Xela said:

It was cathartic to let it all out! 

I am old before my time. 

64e7ac70236a2e1f041e1033d73401d1eb343a6a

I think a trip to M&S foodhall to buy loads of crap is exactly what you need...a bit of comfort eating.....just make sure you don't get stuck behind any dithering ol' biddies, testing your patience Vic !

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mottaloo said:

I think a trip to M&S foodhall to buy loads of crap is exactly what you need...a bit of comfort eating.....just make sure you don't get stuck behind any dithering ol' biddies, testing your patience Vic !

I read that as Footnall... 

Thanks Keenan ffs..

• Haha 2

Â