Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

3 hours ago, Xela said:

I thought exactly the same while driving through erdington high street in my Lada the other day while on the way to pick up my kebab.

People can be so crass. 

Fixed for you ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Xela said:

Lada? Showing your age there mate :P

I grew up in Erdington! 

Age ? You obvs haven't read my update in the "who are you?" thread then :D

Nowt wrong with Erdo by the way. Apart from the high street....jeez...:wacko:

Another Pointless gripe.  When contestants go on and have no knowledge of stuff like chemical elements, Presidents of the USA, countries/flags etc.  Just look them up and do a bit of revision before you go on as there are always questions about them ffs.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mottaloo said:

Age ? You obvs haven't read my update in the "who are you?" thread then :D

Nowt wrong with Erdo by the way. Apart from the high street....jeez...:wacko:

I don't recognise Erdo anymore, its not the place I grew up in. People complain about areas like Moseley being gentrified and becoming too expensive to live... Erdington is the opposite. Its been shitified!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Xela said:

I don't recognise Erdo anymore, its not the place I grew up in. People complain about areas like Moseley being gentrified and becoming too expensive to live... Erdington is the opposite. Its been shitified!

I’ve worked in Moseley for 8 years, lived there for 2 years until 3 weeks ago and have spent a lot of my adult life there. It’s **** shite and I’ll never understand why it has the great reputation that it does. Full of stuck up ex hippy types gorging on quinoa, service users, old money, the worried well and drunk tramps in the centre bus stop island bit. Shops are piss poor too apart from Dama Cena. Dark Horse is ok too.

13 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

Another Pointless gripe.  When contestants go on and have no knowledge of stuff like chemical elements, Presidents of the USA, countries/flags etc.  Just look them up and do a bit of revision before you go on as there are always questions about them ffs.

I know zero about science and when the elements question came on I hit a blank. My wife then called me a dick as I had spent the entire day yesterday on a course for software called Selenium. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Xela said:

I did a world tour of bits of the midlands this week. With stop offs at:

Bromsgrove

Kings Heath

Dudley

Market Harborough

Wellingborough

Fair to say I saw a broad selection of types of people and places. The stand out experience being the good people of Wellingborough who mostly appear to be slightly aggressive out patients. I had a suit on, some people took offence at this and presumed I was from the government Which weirdly, is the second time that's happened. I rarely wear a suit, my job doesn't usually lend itself to wearing suits. But I wore one in Wolverhampton back before Christmas and a guy marched straight up to me and asked if I was 'with the government?'. When I told him I wasn't, he insisted I was. I had to walk off a bit sharpish.

So I've now found two towns where wearing a suit marks you out as a government official. Wolverhampton and Wellingborough.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I used to live down the road from Wellingbrough. I don't think there's a single sizable town in Northamptonshire that isn't mostly populated by aggressive,  delinquents, but Wellingbrough is particularly bad.

Northamptonshire is what happens to an area that's historically been propped up by a single industry that has since **** off abroad. 

Few professional jobs, , no investment, poor to non-existent infrastructure, and most people with aspiration get the **** out at the first opportunity. 

1 hour ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

To be fair in Wolverhampton, it could well have been your clean shoes that set them off.

I always take the Mick out of my mate, who lives in Stockton on Tees, about it being the kind of place, where you get started on if you're not wearing trainer.

"Ooh, look at you in your shoes. D'ya think yer a big shot, just cus you've got shoes on?"

Edited by dAVe80

19 hours ago, Xela said:

I’ve never lived in Erdington but I regularly drive through it. 

Looks like a shit hole to me (no offence to anyone!)

19 hours ago, Xela said:

I don't recognise Erdo anymore, its not the place I grew up in....

Me either. Then again, that's probably because it's not the place I grew up in.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Davkaus said:

I used to live down the road from Wellingbrough. I don't think there's a single sizable town in Northamptonshire that isn't mostly populated by aggressive,  delinquents, but Wellingbrough is particularly bad.

Northamptonshire is what happens to an area that's historically been propped up by a single industry that has since **** off abroad. 

Few professional jobs, , no investment, poor to non-existent infrastructure, and most people with aspiration get the **** out at the first opportunity. 

I've only ever been to Corby and its not a place I'd rush back to. 

Â