Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

6 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I’ve never lived in Erdington but I regularly drive through it. 

Looks like a shit hole to me (no offence to anyone!)

There are still (a few) nice parts (well, the odd road) of it, but in general its a lot worse than it was. Like most inner city areas, its gone to rat shit over the years with the general calibre of person being a few rungs down from previous inhabitants. 

I was back down Brum recently, visiting members of my family, and staying with my Aunt and Uncle who still live in Erdington. I must admit to being struck to how it's gone to shit, but when I think about it, it was hardly Beverly Hills to start off with. That said, it's still home, and I still know many wonderful people who live there.

I do love the conversation I normally have, when I first meet someone new, who's from Brum:

"Oh where about?"

"Erdington."

"Ooh, sorry mate, I don't want any trouble."

The joys of being a North Birmingham scumbag.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, snowychap said:

How does the water taste, though?

This is a blatant attempt of gaining a high number of likes from the younger members of VT who will definitely understand that reference. ;)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shropshire Lad said:

This is a blatant attempt of gaining a high number of likes from the younger members of VT who will definitely understand that reference. ;)

They might have seen Vernon Kay reminiscing about it on some Channel 4 clip show or other. 

1 hour ago, Shropshire Lad said:

I'm glad you pointed that out because as a middle aged member of VT I thought "what the heck is @snowychap on about?" :)

41 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

They might have seen Vernon Kay reminiscing about it on some Channel 4 clip show or other. 

I can't say whether it was Vernon Kay for sure, but that literally is how I understand that reference. A channel 4 clip show :) 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I can't say whether it was Vernon Kay for sure, but that literally is how I understand that reference. A channel 4 clip show :) 

Whilst not being old enough to remember the original ad, you're not going to pass for a 'younger member of VT' nowadays. ;)

Edited by snowychap

Â