Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

9 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

They might have seen Vernon Kay reminiscing about it on some Channel 4 clip show or other. 

In fairness that’s probably how I know it in the main (although I may have heard my folks reference it).

I don’t know for definite, but I dare say there may be one or two on here who may not be old enough to remember all those clip shows that were forever on the Channel 4 schedule in the early 2000’s.

5 hours ago, Robtaylor200 said:

Looking at a few days away in August. Any one know what the weather is like in Majorca and can you get a decent pint 

The current scene, weather is good, beer could be livelier.

I predict that by August both situations would be improved.

C0904_C82_B28_A_4724_B5_F9_FF3007679_D5_

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, blandy said:

Horrific scenes, Genie. That beer looks flat. Sympathies from rainy England.

It’s been absolutely beautiful today, we spent a few hours this morning at the Caves of Drach. Afternoon at the pool. Quick shower and back enjoying the late afternoon sun. Forecast for tomorrow is that it’s raining all day again. Makes you appreciate the nice todays that bit more.

1 minute ago, Genie said:

It’s been absolutely beautiful today, we spent a few hours this morning at the Caves of Drach. Afternoon at the pool. Quick shower and back enjoying the late afternoon sun. Forecast for tomorrow is that it’s raining all day again. Makes you appreciate the nice todays that bit more.

Putting a brave face on it is commendable. Many people wouldn’t be able to get over the sheer horror and ghastliness of that scene. The image is burned into my retina forever. #prayforgenie

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Just now, blandy said:

Putting a brave face on it is commendable. Many people wouldn’t be able to get over the sheer horror and ghastliness of that scene. The image is burned into my retina forever. #prayforgenie

I feel we should start a petition, real beer for majorca!  

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, blandy said:

The scene was the improvement from the previous “things that piss you off” earlier in the week :D 

As it stands = glorious

Edited by Genie
  • Like 3

44 minutes ago, Genie said:

I went to the caves of drach when I was 13.

I found it very funny labelling them the Caves Del Cack.  Still do because they are shit compared to cheddar.

You have my sympathies on what looks and sounds to be the world's worst holiday.

#prayforgenie #itllbeoversoon

• Like 1

1 hour ago, blandy said:

VT should start a GoFundMe for @Genie so we can send him some real ale and a UV lamp.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Things that piss me off

Mrs T saying the same thing over and over again slightly differently when she has a had drink eg

You have crossed the line now----------------there was a line there and you stepped over it -----------------------your my side of the line now because you have crossed it -------------the line obviously means nothing -------------------------do you actually know where the line is, I don't think you do because you just crossed it 

I reply shut TFU  actually I say yes dear sorry 

Edited by Robtaylor200
  • Haha 4

Got a shitty chest cold. Woke up with a sore throat on Friday and it went full blown sneezey, chesty man flu today :bang:

Just sat on the couch all day and must have watched 8 hours of Homeland :blink:

My wife left for Washington this morning so I'm almost at this stage:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, maqroll said:

White Blues guitarist/singer who blacks up his voice during in between song banter is cringeeee

It is. But then it begs the question about changing one's natural accent while actually singing. Fact is, if you're a white guy (even worse, a British white guy), there's going to be an element of parody the minute you start singing the blues repertoire. Same for us Brits singing country. It's awkward. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Fact is, if you're a white guy (even worse, a British white guy), there's going to be an element of parody the minute you start singing the blues repertoire

You're right of course, but there are a plenty of exceptions. This post is just an excuse to post this, I suppose

• Like 2

It seems to be less of a joke when the native accent is rhotic. So the Scots and Irish get a free pass - and the roots of country music are in Scots/Irish ballads. (Also, they is downtrodden, innit?) 

Dreadful start to the working week.

I was making my sandwiches last night and because I'd put lettuce on them I thought I'd continue being posh by cutting them in to triangles. Unfortunately, this meant they wouldn't fit in my lunchbox.

Undeterred, I took an apple from the fruit bowl, but I dropped it and it bounced off the worktop and straight into my cat's food bowl.

These things come in threes, so I was very nervous eating my breakfast and lunch today. Luckily nothing happened, but I'll still be en garde at teatime. 

(I've only just learnt it's 'en garde' and not 'on guard')

• Haha 1

Â