Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

On 12/19/2017 at 16:10, Stevo985 said:

There's a senior manager at work who I need to deliver a report to every week.

it's really easy so it's absolutely no issue to do it.

But she was asking me for it every week. Every time I would answer "yes I'll be doing it on Wednesday evening as previously discussed" or words to that effect. It can't be done before Wednesday, and needs to be done by Thursday morning for a meeting.

I literally never missed it. 

Yet she still asked me every week.

So then I put a reminder in both of our calendars, and sent it to her with a cheeky "now you don't have to ask me for it every week".

She STILL asks me every week. I'm a polite person, and she's very nice, but soon I'm going to buckle and tell her to stop **** asking me! I'll give you the report like I do every week. you don't have to ask!!!!!!

I have exactly the same. Same times too. Same difficulty. Has to be done by Thursday morning for a meeting and I'll always send it but the guy always asks.

Last week I sent him it and he even Lync'd me again asking for me and I was like "I sent it already..."

So annoying.

18 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

I literally had my fingers up there last night trying to get some out, I was that desperate. Boy did that feel weird. 

Did you find anything?

The roads today. Nearly 2 hours to get back from Edgbaston (with one stop in Wylde Green)

The queue to get into Sainsbury at Mere Green... they must be handing out free £50 notes! Crazy. 

28 minutes ago, Xela said:

The queue to get into Sainsbury at Mere Green... they must be handing out free £50 notes! Crazy. 

I remember about 20 years ago, the xmas food shop (Tesco, beggars bush in my case) started with the desperate search for a parking space and then trying to find a trolley. This was at 7am, in the days before it was 24hr opening. I actually saw people hovering by others loading their cars so that they could have their trolley once it was empty. 

Now, you have to book a xmas  delivery slot by no later than the first few days of December !

I swear to god that we would be absolutely hopeless if there were ever serious food shortages like you see in other parts of the world !

• Like 1

A few years ago, someone did a show where they interviewed someone who was driving. Now every word removed is at it. You've got Kryten, the terminally unfunny James Corden, and, even worse, Jerry Seinfeld.

It's clearly a thing of the past now that the BBC have got in on the game http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42461147

What the **** is that? Was Sean Dyche's schedule too hectic to fit in a trip to the studio, or does some clearing in the woods at BBC Sport think that having a grainy view of an A road adds to the interview experience?

• Like 1

My wife went out for a meal tonight with her friend. She went early because she wanted to get back early, so she could enjoy the night at home. I get a text saying she was on the way home from the meal, but she was dropping the car off, so she could go down town for a couple of drinks. I weren't too impressed, because town would be rammed tonight and I know how easy it is to get dragged into staying out all night. She then said she weren't going town, but just going the pub round the corner. 3 hours later her mates have to bring her back because she's legless. I just can't be arsed with what comes with it, wetting the bed, rough in the morning, worrying about her crushing the new kitten because she's that drunk she's comatosed, plus I thought it was just a couple of drinks and she wanted to get back early. I've got no room to talk, I know, but just thought it weren't going to be like this anymore. Her mates are going town now, so atleast she came back I suppose. Just don't want to fall into the habit of drinking heavily again, especially as xmas is known for drinking and it's hard enough. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

My wife went out for a meal tonight with her friend. She went early because she wanted to get back early, so she could enjoy the night at home. I get a text saying she was on the way home from the meal, but she was dropping the car off, so she could go down town for a couple of drinks. I weren't too impressed, because town would be rammed tonight and I know how easy it is to get dragged into staying out all night. She then said she weren't going town, but just going the pub round the corner. 3 hours later her mates have to bring her back because she's legless. I just can't be arsed with what comes with it, wetting the bed, rough in the morning, worrying about her crushing the new kitten because she's that drunk she's comatosed, plus I thought it was just a couple of drinks and she wanted to get back early. I've got no room to talk, I know, but just thought it weren't going to be like this anymore. Her mates are going town now, so atleast she came back I suppose. Just don't want to fall into the habit of drinking heavily again, especially as xmas is known for drinking and it's hard enough. 

Bad times Ruge, I know myself how easy it is for "a few drinks" to turn into a full on session that doesn' end until 6am, I've had many of them nights and I struggle to stop once I start so I know exactly what you are talking about.

Just try not to be too pissed off with her tomorrow, she'll be feeling like shit because of the hangover, she'll probably have the horrors and being this close to crimbo the last thing your kids will want will be a lingering atmosphere.

Just revel in her hangover, blast some Sabbath full blast at 8am and then be really apologetic and plead ignorance.

Edited by leemond2008
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, leemond2008 said:

Bad times Ruge, I know myself how easy it is for "a few drinks" to turn into a full on session that doesn' end until 6am, I've had many of them nights and I struggle to stop once I start so I know exactly what you are talking about.

Just try not to be too pissed off with her tomorrow, she'll be feeling like shit because of the hangover, she'll probably have the horrors and being this close to crimbo the last thing your kids will want will be a lingering atmosphere.

Just revel in her hangover, blast some Sabbath full blast at 8am and then be really apologetic and plead ignorance.

Wise words my old mate. I'm probably being to harsh, but just can't be arsed with it. I will definitely revel in it :) 

Symptom of the universe, or Electric Funeral....mmmm, I shall see.

2 hours ago, regular_john said:

old friend I've not seen for years, now addicted to God knows what and apparently homeless, has conned me out of £150.

I’m sorry to hear that, mate. (You couldn’t sub me a 50 notes could you, by the way?)

:P

• Haha 2

I get dumped by a woman I'd been seeing for a couple of months (for fair reasons, lifestyles too different etc)....so I go back online to my dating account and send out 11 emails to different women. Do I get a single response ? Do I f*** !!

So then a friend hears how I've now become available and quickly arranges a semi blind date with her mate's sister. Boom ! Nice girl, seems keen and is 12 yrs younger than me !

Then.....THEN....one of the nicer women I'd emails during the week gets back to me, giving me the green light, pretty much. Typical ! It's either feast or famine for me and clunge ! I can't keep 2 on the go so it might be a case of flipping a coin here.

Any advice gratefully received, apart from DHUTWU - well, for now anyway :D

8 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

I get dumped by a woman I'd been seeing for a couple of months (for fair reasons, lifestyles too different etc)....so I go back online to my dating account and send out 11 emails to different women. Do I get a single response ? Do I f*** !!

So then a friend hears how I've now become available and quickly arranges a semi blind date with her mate's sister. Boom ! Nice girl, seems keen and is 12 yrs younger than me !

Then.....THEN....one of the nicer women I'd emails during the week gets back to me, giving me the green light, pretty much. Typical ! It's either feast or famine for me and clunge ! I can't keep 2 on the go so it might be a case of flipping a coin here.

DTBUTWU 

#dothembothupthewrongun

• Haha 4

5 hours ago, blandy said:

I’m sorry to hear that, mate. (You couldn’t sub me a 50 notes could you, by the way?)

:P

LOL. Sure thing, what's your sort code, account number, address, date of birth, mums maiden name and name of your first pet?

I wondered how long it would take before someone would say that. Thought I'd get at least one sympathetic comment first!

Typical VT

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, mottaloo said:

It's either feast or famine for me and clunge ! I can't keep 2 on the go so it might be a case of flipping a coin here.

Forget all that dating site rubbish,  I got a mate who says this caravan disco place somewhere he goes to with all his mates is "wall to wall clunge" he said,  you will need a "pocket's full of coins to flip" there mate. 

• Like 1

Â