Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

12 hours ago, Shropshire Lad said:

Losing my wooly hat while out drinking tonight :angry:

I never take coat , hat , gloves or anything likely to be removed when out drinking ( some would say like my wallet from pocket :) )

meant a cold pub crawl the other week in Putney but least I wasn’t sending emails around on Monday saying “anyone see my hat” , like 3 of my friends were ....

part of my drinking app I wanted to design , as well as putting what people are drinking and being able to zap the order to the bar rather than asking 8 people then forgetting half of them by the time you got served  (and a whose round is it marker ) was a Bluetooth like  device you could clip to items of clothing so your phone would alert you when you left them behind 

I’m sure it would be a winner :) 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

I never take coat , hat , gloves or anything likely to be removed when out drinking ( some would say like my wallet from pocket :) )

meant a cold pub crawl the other week in Putney but least I wasn’t sending emails around on Monday saying “anyone see my hat” , like 3 of my friends were ....

part of my drinking app I wanted to design , as well as putting what people are drinking and being able to zap the order to the bar rather than asking 8 people then forgetting half of them by the time you got served  (and a whose round is it marker ) was a Bluetooth like  device you could clip to items of clothing so your phone would alert you when you left them behind 

I’m sure it would be a winner :) 

Spoonys do an app which means you can order drinks and pay without leaving your table. 

I wasn’t even that drunk which makes it more annoying. It was lost between my third & fourth pint somewhere between the Combermere Arms & the Clarendon in Wolverhampton.

I deliberately didn’t take my gloves to reduce the amount of winter clothing I was having to take off with every pub that was visited.

It’s the second wooly hat I’ve lost in a year, last Christmas it was my Villa hat which I’d had for over 20 years (yeah, yeah I know). I was properly drunk that occasion so can’t complain really.

So now my winter hat options are my snowboarding wooly cap thing, a purple reebok wooly hat I’ve owned for yonks and a Bayern Munich trapper hat I bought while on a tour of the stadium.

Somebody could be putting together a Shropshire Lad shrine?

You'll be in some VT'ers bedroom one day, open a wardrobe and there'll be 'lost' hats, some hair and a salvaged ghost poo.

You need a list of suspects.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I lost my Villa scarf last winter. I'd had it about 12 years. What really annoyed me was, I was leaving the bar to go home and wrapped myself up. I knew I had it on when I left because I took a picture with a mate who was leaving town and it's quite clearly on me. During the 15 minute walk home I managed to lose scarf and hat. Weird and very annoying. I was spannered five ways to Keswick though.

1 hour ago, chrisp65 said:

Somebody could be putting together a Shropshire Lad shrine?

You'll be in some VT'ers bedroom one day, open a wardrobe and there'll be 'lost' hats, some hair and a salvaged ghost poo.

You need a list of suspects.

Interesting. 

Just so I know, do you see me making this discovery pre or post-coital?

• Like 1

Remember waking up With some one else's jeans on before and my expensive jacket was gone too. That was a heavy day. I'd been kicked out of the aston hotel after the game because I was **** blind drunk and I'd stripped naked . Can't remember getting back to Rugeley, but ended up down town apparantly after telling the missus I was staying out and weren't coming home. Then woke up with someone else's clothes on. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, AVFCDAN said:

My mate lost his shirt once. Funny thing was we were at a house party 15 minutes walk from my house, and it wasn’t there or at my house so god knows what happened to it.

Probably something supernatural by the sound of it. 

1 hour ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Remember waking up With some one else's jeans on before and my expensive jacket was gone too. That was a heavy day. I'd been kicked out of the aston hotel after the game because I was **** blind drunk and I'd stripped naked . Can't remember getting back to Rugeley, but ended up down town apparantly after telling the missus I was staying out and weren't coming home. Then woke up with someone else's clothes on. 

See @Shropshire Lad it would have been worse.

Top tip: Don't go drinking in Rugeley 

• Haha 1

That crash in city centre, there are pictures on social media that passers by took of the victims struggling to live. I’d love to find the people that took these images. I’d rip them apart. Is this what we as society have become? Does anyone actually give a shit about anyone else anymore. I’m fed up of living in the modern world. What do you do? Where do you go to get away from such a hateful society? Maybe we are due an alien invasion that wipes us out. Lord knows we need a massive cull from the gene pool so these detritus, rats and **** scum of humanity are purged.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ingram85 said:

That crash in city centre, there are pictures on social media that passers by took of the victims struggling to live. I’d love to find the people that took these images. I’d rip them apart. Is this what we as society have become? Does anyone actually give a shit about anyone else anymore. I’m fed up of living in the modern world. What do you do? Where do you go to get away from such a hateful society? Maybe we are due an alien invasion that wipes us out. Lord knows we need a massive cull from the gene pool so these detritus, rats and **** scum of humanity are purged.

'Scum' have always been part of society, now, 10 years ago, 100 years ago, even 1000 years ago. The difference now is social media gives them a platform to publicise and the issue is therefore perceived to be worse.

Threatening to 'rip them apart' shouldn't be a resonse for anyone hoping to stay on the correct side of the 'scum' line. Ignore main stream social media and you will feel much better about society.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

That crash in city centre, there are pictures on social media that passers by took of the victims struggling to live. I’d love to find the people that took these images. I’d rip them apart. 

Christ, that's awful if so ! Then my mind flashed back to the grenfell tower selfie takers.....so, i guess i shouldn't be surprised. It's still reprehensible behaviour. 

• Like 1

Â