Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

9 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

‘A good frontman’.  Though he definitely is, I don’t think being a good frontman shows any skill or talent tbh. Just be arrogant on stage and have ‘something’ about you. Your standard, tweed wearing, wierd geography teacher could probably be a good front man.

Ian Anderson says 'Hi'... 

Screenshot_20171224-185044.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, bickster said:

A good frontman? Standing there with a big coat on and his arms behind his back hollering into a microphone whilst rocking from side to side looking like he needs a boost of Ritalin doth not a good frontman make

He could be shite, but before his ego got too big, I liked him as a frontman.  Not a patch on the greats though.

Edited by Rugeley Villa

22 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Is it jethro Tull or Ian Anderson doing jethro Tull covers? Either way I might go to the one in brum. 

I think that "Jethro Tull" has been "Ian Anderson plus whoever he's got in his band this time" for several years now. 

3 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

I’m not disputing that he’s cool. I just don’t think he really has any talent. 

In his day he had a fantastic voice and was exactly what you wanted in a frontman. Now he just seems embarrassing. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

He could be shite, but before his ego got too big, I liked him as a frontman.  Not a patch on the greats though.

His ego was always huge, way bigger than it ever needed to be or justified.

Put them on once at the Krazy House in Liverpool (we often put bands on much bigger than Oasis) on our Indie night. People came for our night and stayed long after the bands curfew (11pm), in fact we put the bands on to get more people in early, people turned up long after the bands had finished. This was their second gig outside Greater Manchester (The first was a month earlier also in Liverpool). The punters were rather indifferent to the charms of Oasis, they'd all seen much better but they stood there and wartched, clapped politely, then Liam came across with the big I Am Act... the punters went to the bar muttering "effing knob" etc as they went. The gig ended and I put a record on and filled the dancefloor in an instant. Liam was even less happy because now he could see how many people were actually in the venue. He sulked like a girl. Noel on the other hand, as much as I don't like Oasis and always saw through them (as I know their history even pre-gigs and how they learned to rip off the chords and sequences of other bands - mention here for the Real People) I've always found ok to talk to, even back in the days when he was a Roadie for the Inspirals, he helped me out a couple of times at gigs.

Liam always has been and always will be a knob

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

He was no Ian Brown or Shaun Ryder though, that's for sure.

Hell no, he could at least hold a note Brown and Ryder cant even sing

Though they can both take far more drugs than Liam and still be human :D

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, bickster said:

Put them on once at the Krazy House in Liverpool (we often put bands on much bigger than Oasis) on our Indie night. People came for our night and stayed long after the bands curfew (11pm), in fact we put the bands on to get more people in early, people turned up long after the bands had finished. This was their second gig outside Greater Manchester (The first was a month earlier also in Liverpool). The punters were rather indifferent to the charms of Oasis, they'd all seen much better but they stood there and wartched, clapped politely, then Liam came across with the big I Am Act... the punters went to the bar muttering "effing knob" etc as they went. The gig ended and I put a record on and filled the dancefloor in an instant. Liam was even less happy because now he could see how many people were actually in the venue. He sulked like a girl. Noel on the other hand, as much as I don't like Oasis and always saw through them (as I know their history even pre-gigs and how they learned to rip off the chords and sequences of other bands - mention here for the Real People) I've always found ok to talk to, even back in the days when he was a Roadie for the Inspirals, he helped me out a couple of times at gigs.

Great read :thumb:

Noel does seem the more approachable type. I thought the first three albums were great, but they gradually lost their way. You can definitely hear the rip offs, but the same can be said for led Zeppelin. 

1 minute ago, bickster said:

Third album... Be here Now? dreadful. First two had their moments

It did get a bit of stick and it's clear the money, fame and drugs have gone to their head, but I still enjoy the third album to this day. The best album they did for me was their debut. 

36 minutes ago, bickster said:

Jeez, get a load of Zelig over here :P

5 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Are people expecting Bicks to like something or someone that’s popular? ;) 

Ah that old chestnut getting a roasting tonight...

Radiohead probably the biggest band in the world

Sigur Ros... huge

Arcade Fire... (apart from the latest album which disappoints)

I like plenty of popular artists

14 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Jeez, get a load of Zelig over here :P

My era in "The Biz", plenty of stories, should write a book I suppose but that requires a certain amount of being arsed which I generally lack :rolleyes:

• Like 2

Â