Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

1 minute ago, Chindie said:

I'll certainly never look at a rose the same way again.

Yeah, that part wasn't in the wiki page, but it's OK, I'm up to speed now.

TIVp2.gif

Dunno what happened to me to today. I had enough sleep, woke up feeling rather chipper and not at all tired or lethargic.

11am comes and I need to piss so I trundle off to the loo. Zip down, todger out and I wait for the sweet release. A split second before this I look down and realise I'm standing over the bin. I was about to piss in the bloody bin. Managed to rectify myself quick smart before berating myself like the massive mungbean I am.

• Like 1

Going back to @leemond2008's comments, I grew up in Erdington (B24 crew represent!)

Without sounding like a snob, it used to a nice place but now I don't recognise the high street now. It  looks like a slum.  It's always had its rougher areas but the high street was always decent. 

23 hours ago, Xela said:

Going back to @leemond2008's comments, I grew up in Erdington (B24 crew represent!)

Without sounding like a snob, it used to a nice place but now I don't recognise the high street now. It  looks like a slum.  It's always had its rougher areas but the high street was always decent. 

I can't walk to the cash machine without walking past a homeless person sat outside of "stumpies" @leemond2008

The degradation of the Erdington high street is heartbreaking   How on earth did we get to the stage where there are nearly 20 different Polish shops within a 2 mile radius ?

Edited by Brumerican

1 hour ago, Brumerican said:

The degradation of the Erdington high street is heartbreaking   How on earth did we get to the stage where there are nearly 20 different Polish shops within a 2 mile radius ?

I bet there are hundreds of high streets suffering similar fates. Not specifically polish shops, but just looking tired and run down.

I'm not sure if its down to economic reasons or people just having less pride in the areas they live in, or a combination of both?

2 hours ago, Brumerican said:

I can't walk to the cash machine without walking past a homeless person sat outside of "stumpies" @leemond2008

Yep, its amazing how quickly it has all happened as well, literally in the last 5 or 6 years.

The thing that gets me is that each shop is a carbon copy of the others, how many Supermarkets that cater specifically to the Polish community do you need on one road?

1 hour ago, Xela said:

I bet there are hundreds of high streets suffering similar fates. Not specifically polish shops, but just looking tired and run down.

I'm not sure if its down to economic reasons or people just having less pride in the areas they live in, or a combination of both?

Erdington does loads of stuff to try and get the community spirit going, Erd'os are a proud bunch, there are also a **** ton of idiots and bad bastards as well though.

• Like 1

I haven't got the sound on so I can't be sure, but I think the woman had said she got Peter Kay tickets but then the website went down.

Then the bloke says it's just a ticketmaster scam to get you to buy the same ticket from their secondary site for 6 times the price.

Then she says she prefers Michael Macintyre.

Then he hit her.

Then someone in the crowd shouted Micky Flanagan is funnier than either of them, and the crowd applauds.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I haven't got the sound on so I can't be sure, but I think the woman had said she got Peter Kay tickets but then the website went down.

Then the bloke says it's just a ticketmaster scam to get you to buy the same ticket from their secondary site for 6 times the price.

Then she says she prefers Michael Macintyre.

Then he hit her.

Then someone in the crowd shouted Micky Flanagan is funnier than either of them, and the crowd applauds.

I think he wanted an aisle seat and she booked him a seat in the middle of the row. She's also booked it at the NEC and he is worried about parking and the amount of traffic and the time it will take to get back on the M6 afterwards. 

She's lucky she got away with a light slap

Â