Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

4 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

Waiters that take orders without writing them down on a piece of paper, almost to show off their amazing memory skills that landed them the job.  Yes I really wanted my side orders to be two portions of coleslaw, not chips and coleslaw, you mong.

Harsh. I’ll make sure you get two chips next time.

Edited by AVFCDAN

7 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

Waiters that take orders without writing them down on a piece of paper, almost to show off their amazing memory skills that landed them the job.  Yes I really wanted my side orders to be two portions of coleslaw, not chips and coleslaw, you mong.

I wouldn't eat anywhere where chips were a side order and coleslaw was on the menu

16 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

Bank adverts. All of them.

You aren’t our friend, you don’t care about us, you aren’t on our side, there for the little things or the journey or whatever other piece of PR bullshit you’ve paid Rupert hundreds of thousands to come up with.

You are a parasitic organisation, bottom feeding from society and more than likely robbing the nations collective pocket. While you close local branches, push everything online so you don’t need to face us unless you invite us in for review so some clearing in the woods called Kelvin can try and sell us some shit.

I hate your adverts, I hate that you think weveall forgotten what some of you did or that you think we don’t know we are still paying for it.

I hate the Absolute arrogance that they think they can spout such bullshit and expect Joe public to lap it up. I hate even more that for a large percentage of the population they are probably right.

This to me looks like it doesn't belong in this thread, this belongs in a thread 'things that you have every right to go complete bonkers over'

Our banks over here love putting on ads banging on about how much they support the community.

One of the big banks just posted a massive profit but also mentioned they are sacking 600 jobs. 

Regarding banks, I bank with Lloyds, have done for my entire adult life, never so much as went into my overdraft in 15 years. Applied for a mortgage with them as I presumed that was just the done thing. As I had never borrowed any money, they told me to come back after I had took out a credit card with them, "borrowed" and proven to them I can be trusted with their money and am a responsible enough to lend to.

That was when I knew banks were all just shithouses. I never went back.

• Sad 1

Just now, rodders0223 said:

Jeez. Just piss in the sink like a normal human being.

At that hour just piss into the bath.  It's got a lower edge and you can't really miss.

5 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Regarding banks, I bank with Lloyds, have done for my entire adult life, never so much as went into my overdraft in 15 years. Applied for a mortgage with them as I presumed that was just the done thing. As I had never borrowed any money, they told me to come back after I had took out a credit card with them, "borrowed" and proven to them I can be trusted with their money and am a responsible enough to lend to.

I detest Lloyd’s more than most.

Just now, TrentVilla said:

Er... don’t you know that’s what the shower is for... duh

I'm talking midnight stumble piss.  Where you're not showering (yet) and accuracy is reduced. 

1 hour ago, Villan_of_oz said:

This to me looks like it doesn't belong in this thread, this belongs in a thread 'things that you have every right to go complete bonkers over'

Our banks over here love putting on ads banging on about how much they support the community.

One of the big banks just posted a massive profit but also mentioned they are sacking 600 jobs. 

Even for banks that's one heck of a bad advert.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

Personal banking is just an inconvenience to the big banks. They don't make any money out of it. It is just there for brand recognition. 

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

Just watching 'Appletree House' on CBeebies with the granddaughter. Politically correct, multicultural, a bit dull, but OK. In this episode, one of the kids asked what a 'myth' is. And the adult explains that a myth is a story about something that happened a long time ago, that some people believe is true, even though nobody can prove it. Great, I thought, now say "Like the Bible, or the Koran". But what did we get? A little animated 'thought bubble', showing... a rocket ship, a Viking, and a dinosaur. FFS... 

A dinosaur and a viking on a rocket ship? I'm sold! Where can I watch this. 

They got the definition of myth wrong though. 

Paul Hollywood and this overreaction. Similar to when @Genie mentioned Wiggins the other day when he said his life was a "living hell"

Get some perspective you words removed

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-42057367

He said he "became the most hated man in the country".

• Like 1

Loyalty to banks is absolutely daft, talk about shooting yourself in the foot.

I swap my bank account whenever I see a good switching offer (you can currently get £200 to switch to HSBC. I've never earned more for 5 minutes work). Switching banks used to be a ballache, but now they transfer your cash, move over your direct debits/standing orders, and forward any payments sent to the old account in error for 2 years. I think I've earned about a grand in the last year just swapping my account every time a bank launches a new switch offer.

Not something you want to do shortly before applying for a mortgage as they like account 'stability', but otherwise, you're mad to be turning down the free cash.

Â