Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

1) The house opposite seem to be having a lodger/ family member/ friend stay at their house between Monday and Friday, and the cow keeps pinching my parking space outside my house. (They're not allocated spaces, but I've had them (there's 3 spaces and my house gets 2) for 5 years so they're mine).

2) Some cow in the bullring car park stole a space after I had put my indicators on and let the car drive out.

3) My boiler has been broken for 2 weeks. 4 separate calls have been made to the boiler manufacturer to ask them what it could be. Each time they've told us the part, I've gone and bought it, had it fitted, and it's not sorted it. Today is their last chance. I've been putting off buying a new boiler entirely because I'm selling the house so I don't want to fork out big bucks for something that I'll only use for a couple of months. My OH says she's sleeping at her mom's tonight because she's sick of not being able to have a bath :rolleyes: (It's not THAT cold in my house, we have a fire and plug-in heaters that get turned on as soon as we're home from work, and the shower is electric, so we're just lacking hot water from the tap and the central heating).

1 hour ago, choffer said:

47 emails a day about GDPR, as if I've never even heard of it   :bang::bang::bang:

At least they'll stop being able to email me come May 2018.

oh, i think i'm meant to be doing something about that at work.

I have no idea what i'm meant to do though.  

I need some emails about it.

1 hour ago, Rob182 said:

1) The house opposite seem to be having a lodger/ family member/ friend stay at their house between Monday and Friday, and the cow keeps pinching my parking space outside my house. (They're not allocated spaces, but I've had them (there's 3 spaces and my house gets 2) for 5 years so they're mine).

I have the exact same problem  ... I get on Ok with my neighbours and tbh there's not really a lot I can do , it just hacks me off a bit as they went to the trouble to erect a sign on the bit of the road that's outside their house clearly stating the space there belongs to them ( it doers as it's on the deeds)  , suggesting the issue of people parking in front of houses sufficiently irks them enough ...

Tbf, if you feel that strongly about being able to park directly outside your house, you ought to move somewhere with a driveway. I often have to park on the street for work and there's some proper nobs around here that piss me off by getting bent out of shape by people parking outside their house on a public road with no parking restrictions.

One of them started putting cones outside their house, so I went out of my way to move them and park there. Fortunately my car's so shit I don't care if they key it. :P 

Edited by Davkaus
  • Haha 1

We’ve got a strange parking situation across the road from my house.
The family over the road have applied for and got a disabled parking bay. Quite rightly too, they have a disabled son, he’s bigger than his mum and part of his disability appears to be trying to get out in to the traffic at any opportunity.
So, they got a big ol’ 4x4 to cater for the lump of a lad and he can only be shipped in and out on the pavement side. The council have managed to paint their dizzy bay right where there is a tree, and then have added a sign on a pole saying this is a dizzy bay. Trouble is, between tree and sign she can’t get the pavement side doors open. So she parks a good metre or more overhanging the bay. People go nuts that she’s parking half out of the bay, leaving acres of empty space they can’t park in, whist eating up valuable parking space others could use.
I’ve had several neighbour’s bitching about it to me. But there are 3 options:
Put up with it.
Chop down the tree.
Put their dizzy bay outside someone else’s house.

Given the specific circumstances of this family, people need to get a bit of perspective and suck it up. They have to park a few metres further away, whilst that family have a disabled child. I know which problem I’d choose. Parking: a proper first world problem.

• Like 1

To be fair, she could reverse her car back into the bay after her son has gone into the house. :)

@Davkaus I am currently looking for a house - with a driveway! My house is up for sale on Rightmove as we speak. Until then, I'll moan about the woman that I refer to as 'white bitch' (because of her car, not the colour of her skin)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

Tbf, if you feel that strongly about being able to park directly outside your house, you ought to move somewhere with a driveway. I often have to park on the street for work and there's some proper nobs around here that piss me off by getting bent out of shape by people parking outside their house on a public road with no parking restrictions.

One of them started putting cones outside their house, so I went out of my way to move them and park there. Fortunately my car's so shit I don't care if they key it. :P 

I live in a private road , and the house does have a driveway  .... trouble is they also live in the same private road so I can't really play the this is a private road card :) 

7 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

You're not missing much.

Its improved a bit now with the new Mulberry Walk development. Lots of new places to eat and drink

7 hours ago, bickster said:

People who do their shopping in Sainsbury's in Mere Green, when there's a perfectly good Waitrose up the road, what is wrong with these people!!!!

We have an M&S Food Hall now as well. Living la vida loca!

• Like 1

Parking is so bad in my apartment complex that people have put their own barriers/bollards on their spaces. Most of the apartments get 1 space, a few get 2 (the top floor apartments). There are no visitors spaces either. I have 2 spaces so i'm ok but occasionally people will try and chance it and park in one of my spaces. rocket polishers. 

2 minutes ago, Xela said:

We have an M&S Food Hall now as well. Living la vida loca!

Ha you've just reminded me of something that really does pee me off

Our local M&S Food Hall sells clothes but doesn't have the space to sell the full range of food, meaning the stuff I like is rarely stocked

Either rename the shop or get shut of the Old Ladys Clothes and stock the food I like

37 minutes ago, Genie said:

Bradley Wiggins “my life was a living hell”... I think he needs to get a bit of perspective.

to be fair to the guy, keeping up public appearances and going cold turkey is not easy

Â