Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

1 hour ago, Rob182 said:

I like Lloyd’s more than most.

I was with them for years, just felt like all they ever wanted to do was try and sell me stuff I didn’t want and try and rip me off in the process. But they were devious with it, dressing it up as things like account reviews to get you in branch to try and sell.

Moved to Santander 5 years ago and they’ve not tried that shit once.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TrentVilla said:

I was with them for years, just felt like all they ever wanted to do was try and sell me stuff I didn’t want and try and rip me off in the process. But they were devious with it, dressing it up as things like account reviews to get you in branch to try and sell.

Moved to Santander 5 years ago and they’ve not tried that shit once.

Spanish bank ..they'll probably do it tomorrow

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I don't think I have spoken to my bank more than about 3 times in 10 years. I don't need to speak to them... I always wonder why people seem to have so many issues with their bankers. Mine leave me be as I operate within my agreed facilities. I do all my banking online. 

11 minutes ago, Xela said:

I don't think I have spoken to my bank more than about 3 times in 10 years. I don't need to speak to them... I always wonder why people seem to have so many issues with their bankers. Mine leave me be as I operate within my agreed facilities. I do all my banking online. 

I've been with Lloyds for 35 years. Never been in to the branch (it's in another city). 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

GAME's gold advert that is currently scrolling across the bottom of my screen while visiting VT. Its like a sky sports news headline banner. **** awful. Don't mind ads but this takes the piss.

You do know you can ask Limpid to change your advert settings?

Just message him with a list of what you do and don't like and he tweeks your settings.

I get mostly bubble bath and ladyboys these days.

• Haha 4

30 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

GAME's gold advert that is currently scrolling across the bottom of my screen while visiting VT. Its like a sky sports news headline banner. **** awful. Don't mind ads but this takes the piss.

There is a way to get absolutely no adverts at all if it bothers you that much

It was more a go at GAME rather than VT, I've no problem with ads at all, but this one is obscene. There's a square ad at the top, a square ad halfway down between messages and now a scrolling ticker at the bottom. 

Time for the annual 'sale' of cheap tat made to the sale price, advertised at obscene 'RRPs', along with miscellaneous shit companies need out of the warehouse. Keep your bullshit sales, America.

Edited by Davkaus

Trying to think of a Xmas present for my dad - never easy. 

Thought I'd nailed it this year, a ticket to go to Old Trafford (He's a Man Utd/Blues fan, and I'd rather go to OT!). 

Go to the website, look at tickets, all sold out. 

Google it, go to a few ticketing websites.  Huddersfield game on 3rd Feb.  £96 per ticket? 

WTF? 

What am I missing here?! 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

Trying to think of a Xmas present for my dad - never easy. 

Thought I'd nailed it this year, a ticket to go to Old Trafford (He's a Man Utd/Blues fan, and I'd rather go to OT!). 

Go to the website, look at tickets, all sold out. 

Google it, go to a few ticketing websites.  Huddersfield game on 3rd Feb.  £96 per ticket? 

WTF? 

What am I missing here?! 

He's going by himself then.

Â