Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

3 hours ago, MakemineVanilla said:

According to Dave Chapelle, when men tell a story, it is, who, what, when , where and why, but women like to talk about their feelings.

There's a great line in one of Micky Flanagans stand ups where he says to his missus he's going down the pub to meet Dave, when he returns she's asking him about Dave's missus and if she is ok and he replies "I didn't even ask Dave if he was ok". Always thought that summed it up perfectly.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, AVFCDAN said:

There's a great line in one of Micky Flanagans stand ups where he says to his missus he's going down the pub to meet Dave, when he returns she's asking him about Dave's missus and if she is ok and he replies "I didn't even ask Dave if he was ok". Always thought that summed it up perfectly.

Saw that act :lol: "Say hi to Dave for me".  Ladies, we never say hi to anyone.  Ever.

I guess I've had variations on the following conversation on approximately 500 different Saturdays:

Mrs chris: was your dad at the football?

Mr chris: ermm, yeah.

Mrs chris: how is he? what they doing about Monday? does your mum want those spare tins? will they be picking the kids up for me on Thursday?

Mr chris: dunno

• Like 4

1 hour ago, AVFCDAN said:

I typed out a long post trying to explain this kind of thing but this sums it up perfectly.

My missus is exactly the same. So many questions. My standard reply now is "you've got his/her number, ask him yourself!"

• Like 1

On 15/03/2017 at 09:13, Ginko said:

Agree with all of this, though I'd say the bag thing isn't that they think their bag is more deserving of a seat, it's to stop someone from sitting next to them because they're selfish clearings in the woods. But I'm guessing you knew that really.

As for people playing their music without headphones and blaring it out in shitty quality in public, there's a massive poser nobhead at my gym who does that in the changing rooms and the showers. He also uses one of those oxygen restriction masks (that apparently don't actually work all that well) and it makes him look like such a tool, and a bit like Predator since has has dreads.

In short, people being selfish and thoughtless in public pisses me right off.

Oh man. These things (and all from @TrentVilla) wind me up too!

2 hours ago, AVFCDAN said:

I would like to thank you, it's Mrs P's birthday tomorrow and I'd only got her something small and had been thinking I should probably get her something else.

I saw your post which made me think of looking for Micky Flanagan tickets as she likes him. Barclaycard Arena, Friday 19th May 2017 - a handful of platinum tickets were left so I've just bought a couple. Boom! 

...she better take me.

• Like 1

A pal of mine went for a job interview in March, was told he was successful shortly after and then was told his start date would be between June and October

He told them to **** off!

8 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

I guess I've had variations on the following conversation on approximately 500 different Saturdays:

Mrs chris: was your dad at the football?

Mr chris: ermm, yeah.

Mrs chris: how is he? what they doing about Monday? does your mum want those spare tins? will they be picking the kids up for me on Thursday?

Mr chris: dunno

Yep. Definitely this in the Mooney household, too. 

Trying to buy a kitchen. It's just impossible. Worse than estate agents.

Originally I was going for a bespoke built but talked myself out of it given the relative value of my property as I didn't think £15k (incl fitting and all appliances) was money well spent. Decided to go to Wickes as everyone told me they were much easier to deal with. Get a quote, tell him it's too much, he says he'll do me a deal when I'm ready. In the meantime they try to entice me back with a letter telling me about their 50% sale. So I trot over there and the price I was quoted last week has gone up by a grand. It's now £13.5k all-in and that's including the 50% sale.

All bluff, smoke and mirrors and playing the sales game. The guy even got arsey with me when I wouldn't play along. I left telling him to call me when he was ready to make a sensible deal. I doubt he'll be ringing.

32 minutes ago, choffer said:

Trying to buy a kitchen. It's just impossible. Worse than estate agents.

Originally I was going for a bespoke built but talked myself out of it given the relative value of my property as I didn't think £15k (incl fitting and all appliances) was money well spent. Decided to go to Wickes as everyone told me they were much easier to deal with. Get a quote, tell him it's too much, he says he'll do me a deal when I'm ready. In the meantime they try to entice me back with a letter telling me about their 50% sale. So I trot over there and the price I was quoted last week has gone up by a grand. It's now £13.5k all-in and that's including the 50% sale.

All bluff, smoke and mirrors and playing the sales game. The guy even got arsey with me when I wouldn't play along. I left telling him to call me when he was ready to make a sensible deal. I doubt he'll be ringing.

Pretty sure @Brumerican is the man to talk to about kitchens.

Apologies to you both if i've got him mixed up with another poster :D

• Like 1

Â