Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

4 hours ago, Xela said:

This was a black cab! Cold hard cash from my wallet. I haven't advanced to Uber yet! 

Well there's your problem. 

Black cabs are about twice as expensive as most other cab firms. 

I would literally never get one. 

4 hours ago, Xela said:

My stomach, I like ale, but it hates me :(

Its grumbling away and going around like a washing machine

Omeprazole, or some over the counter Nexium.... but not Gaviscon etc. And totally nil by mouth for a few hours, no tea. no coffee no water, nowt. :D

• Like 1

On nights this weekend, the Missus invited the in laws round for dinner today. Woke me up early shouting off her fat gob and they are still **** here, I've got to leave for work around 10 go home you words removed.

53 minutes ago, V01 said:

On nights this weekend, the Missus invited the in laws round for dinner today. Woke me up early shouting off her fat gob and they are still **** here, I've got to leave for work around 10 go home you words removed.

I feel for you. I would of just stayed in bed or would of had a power nap. I don't give a **** who comes round mine, if I'm tired and want a sleep, I will.

When.... You notice something that from that point onward becomes unmissable...

Example. Mate called, routine catch up, blah blah. I hadnt got much to report so I'm hearing from her side all her "this n that" so, a lot of listening. Why had I never noticed this before, I wish I hadn't, now I'm stuck with it. My point: HOW MANY TIMES HAVE YOU SAID "LIKE" SO FAR?

Almost biting my tongue I was, almost fixated at the back of my mind counting the Likes, ooohh six so far in this sentence, oh only two in that sentence, oh why did you end that sentence with Like, oh you just Liked twice in three words, oh nice variant on Like there but ah yes, then you liked , to the point I was analysing the usage of Like and the why. 

Me- oh yeah?

mate- yeah so I was LIKE errrr what, are you serious ? And he was LIKE what's your problem, so I was LIKE are you for real? LIKE what was I supposed to do?

me- well ...

mate- so LIKE anyway I haven't replied cos I was waiting for an apology, I mean LIKE I did nothing wrong right? As LIKE, he said he didn't want to go and I asked X to go instead and she was LIKE sure I'll go, and you know like I had paid for the tickets blah blah 

Was almost LIKE a script from Friends, sorry American VT'ers, I'm blaming this LIKE errrr on American telly. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Midfielder said:

When.... You notice something that from that point onward becomes unmissable...

Example. Mate called, routine catch up, blah blah. I hadnt got much to report so I'm hearing from her side all her "this n that" so, a lot of listening. Why had I never noticed this before, I wish I hadn't, now I'm stuck with it. My point: HOW MANY TIMES HAVE YOU SAID "LIKE" SO FAR?

Almost biting my tongue I was, almost fixated at the back of my mind counting the Likes, ooohh six so far in this sentence, oh only two in that sentence, oh why did you end that sentence with Like, oh you just Liked twice in three words, oh nice variant on Like there but ah yes, then you liked , to the point I was analysing the usage of Like and the why. 

Me- oh yeah?

mate- yeah so I was LIKE errrr what, are you serious ? And he was LIKE what's your problem, so I was LIKE are you for real? LIKE what was I supposed to do?

me- well ...

mate- so LIKE anyway I haven't replied cos I was waiting for an apology, I mean LIKE I did nothing wrong right? As LIKE, he said he didn't want to go and I asked X to go instead and she was LIKE sure I'll go, and you know like I had paid for the tickets blah blah 

Was almost LIKE a script from Friends, sorry American VT'ers, I'm blaming this LIKE errrr on American telly. 

Have a like, like 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Xela said:

A bloke at works says "You know what I mean" every other sentence. I don't mate, not in the slightest. 

Yeah I've got one of them except she really overly pronounces every syllable in Received Pronunciation which, is worse. " Doooo yoo know hhhhhhhhwat I meeeeeeeein ?"

hhhhhhhwat I meeeein, hhhhhhhhhhhwat I meeeein? Shut up!

47 minutes ago, Xela said:

A bloke at works says "You know what I mean" every other sentence. I don't mate, not in the slightest. 

Related: people who start sentences with 'as I said' or 'as I said before' and then launch into a completely new point. Alan Shearer seems to be particularly bad for it, but it's becoming increasingly common. 

Edited by HanoiVillan
  • Like 1

I saw someone wearing a t-shirt that said "Never underestimate a man who listens to Pink Floyd and was born in February".

Just... what? Why is it so oddly specific? What happens if you do underestimate a guy who was born in February and listens to Pink Floyd?

17 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

That I am awake at this unholy hour and I'm as sober as a judge. Night feeds are shit.

Good quarter of a bottle of Nytol will do the trick and give some cinematic dreams

28 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

On a work day I can barely drag myself out of bed when the alarm comes at 7:30. On a bank holiday I jump out of bed at 7 fresh as a **** daisy.

Same here. Saturday mornings I'm up at 6.30 very latest but struggle in the week.

When you get the hotels playford and Stamford confused. Taken the Mrs out for her birthday. Wanted to the Stamford but got confused. Both nice hotels but the Playford is way more expensive. 

Room more expensive

Parking more expensive

Breakfast more expensive 

So in less than 24 hrs I will be much poorer. 

Shouldn't piss me off cos my Mrs thinks I'm a legend, but it does cos she would've thought I was a legend at the Stamford and I would a had $100+ in my wallet. 

Oh well....

Edited by Villan_of_oz

People ringing you at silly hours pissed up. Saturday night I had some fool of a work colleague ringing me at 1.50 in the morning to see if I was out, and last night at 2.10 I had another fool ringing me because he fancied a chat. Unreal. 

Â