Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

2 minutes ago, snowychap said:

All this shit about Phil the Greek on the news.

Well I think it all kind of points towards the fact he won't be pissing you off for much longer.

5 minutes ago, BOF said:

Well I think it all kind of points towards the fact he won't be pissing you off for much longer.

Perhaps but if we get this level of comment about an announcement about him stopping insulting people officially from the autumn onwards (on a day when a lot of the UK are going to the polls to vote for local councils/district councils/mayors) then imagine what there'll be when he carks it. I dread to think of the crap we'll be subject to.

Edited by snowychap
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

Pretty sure @Brumerican is the man to talk to about kitchens.

Apologies to you both if i've got him mixed up with another poster :D

I am indeed . Kitchen designer extraordinaire who gives a great discount to fellow Villa fans. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, choffer said:

Trying to buy a kitchen. It's just impossible. Worse than estate agents.

Originally I was going for a bespoke built but talked myself out of it given the relative value of my property as I didn't think £15k (incl fitting and all appliances) was money well spent. Decided to go to Wickes as everyone told me they were much easier to deal with. Get a quote, tell him it's too much, he says he'll do me a deal when I'm ready. In the meantime they try to entice me back with a letter telling me about their 50% sale. So I trot over there and the price I was quoted last week has gone up by a grand. It's now £13.5k all-in and that's including the 50% sale.

All bluff, smoke and mirrors and playing the sales game. The guy even got arsey with me when I wouldn't play along. I left telling him to call me when he was ready to make a sensible deal. I doubt he'll be ringing.

I don't think I have ever had a Wickes quote I couldn't beat , even with their 52 week long sales. 

31 minutes ago, Brumerican said:

I am indeed . Kitchen designer extraordinaire who gives a great discount to fellow Villa fans. 

My mom might need a new kitchen soon. I've already told her to speak to me before she looks at any so I can recommend you

• Like 1

Secret Eaters.

By that I mean the show.

For anyone who hasn't seen it, they basically follow fat people around for a week, analyse what they eat and tell them what they should be cutting out and where all their calories come from etc.

That doesn't annoy me. Neither do fat people.

It doesn't even annoy me when people go on and say "I don't know why I'm so fat" when it's obvious, because sometimes people are oblivious.

What annoys me is the people who go on there and confidently claim they have a healthy diet.
They're insane!

The one I saw yesterday the guy claimed he had a healthy diet, and Sunday was his healthiest day because he ate veg.
They worked out on a Sunday he ate over 7000 calories, including two fried breakfasts, a packaged sandwich for "brunch" and a huge Sunday Roast with 5 beers.

9 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

The one I saw yesterday the guy claimed he had a healthy diet, and Sunday was his healthiest day because he ate veg.
They worked out on a Sunday he ate over 7000 calories, including two fried breakfasts, a packaged sandwich for "brunch" and a huge Sunday Roast with 5 beers

It's the time as well though.  I only eat to stay alive,  I eat when I have too but how do you fit all that eating into a day ?

If I spend 20 minutes in total eating per day then that's about average.  7000 calories + the go slow or nap after a big meal then it's the complete day either eating or getting ready for the next bit of nosh.

11 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

What annoys me is the people who go on there and confidently claim they have a healthy diet.

They're insane!

They worked out on a Sunday he ate over 7000 calories, including two fried breakfasts, a packaged sandwich for "brunch" and a huge Sunday Roast with 5 beers.

This is why we can't have nice things!  This is why they think we need a sugar tax for example.  Because so many people really are that **** stupid.

It bloody well should piss you off too btw :P 

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, BOF said:

This is why we can't have nice things!  This is why they think we need a sugar tax for example.  Because so many people really are that **** stupid.

It bloody well should piss you off too btw :P 

I was shouting at the telly.

If he was saying "look I'm really fat, I know I eat too much, plz hlp" then I'd have no problem with it.
But it was the audacity to claim he had a healthy diet, and he didn't know why he was so fat.

He had two breakfasts EVERY day. One was a normal breakfast at home, then he'd stop on the way to work and get a sausage, egg, bacon and beans BAGUETTE as second breakfast.

And he "didn't know why he was fat"

Dick

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I was shouting at the telly.

If he was saying "look I'm really fat, I know I eat too much, plz hlp" then I'd have no problem with it.
But it was the audacity to claim he had a healthy diet, and he didn't know why he was so fat.

He had two breakfasts EVERY day. One was a normal breakfast at home, then he'd stop on the way to work and get a sausage, egg, bacon and beans BAGUETTE as second breakfast.

And he "didn't know why he was fat"

Dick

Sounds like he has invented something to sit between breakfast and brunch, I like his style!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, snowychap said:

Perhaps but if we get this level of comment about an announcement about him stopping insulting people officially from the autumn onwards (on a day when a lot of the UK are going to the polls to vote for local councils/district councils/mayors) then imagine what there'll be when he carks it. I dread to think of the crap we'll be subject to.

. . . and if you think that's bad, wait till Her Maj goes. I'm probably going to have to emigrate again. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Brumerican said:

Even down in that London?

41 minutes ago, choffer said:

Even down in that London?

Well you could email me the wickes quote . I could take a look at it and most likely beat it (We sell the exact same stuff as Wickes but it's pre built rather than flatpack) If the price is OK for you I'd sell it then remote the delivery to one of the Cockney branches and they'll get 10% for delivering , 

30 minutes ago, a m ole said:

People who press a pedestrian crossing button, when it has already been pressed.

Here's a fact that once you've read you'll just have to check out.

Most (but not all) pedestrian crossings have a secret button. It's underneath the box towards the right. It's cone shaped and textured. It spins when it's safe to cross. It helps blind people when there is a lot of traffic noise.

Or.........this might be an urban legend.  

You'll never know unless you check!

2 minutes ago, Mandy Lifeboats said:

Here's a fact that once you've read you'll just have to check out.

Most (but not all) pedestrian crossings have a secret button. It's underneath the box towards the right. It's cone shaped and textured. It spins when it's safe to cross. It helps blind people when there is a lot of traffic noise.

Or.........this might be an urban legend.  

You'll never know unless you check!

Absolutely true. I once offered to help a blind bloke at a crossing, and he told me about it. I checked, and he was right. 

56 minutes ago, a m ole said:

People who press a lift button, or pedestrian crossing button, when it has already been pressed and is clearly illuminated.

On a related note, people who push a pedestrian crossing button and then cross the road without waiting for their red. Leaving the cars to stop at an abandoned red. I have rocks in my passenger floor well just to throw at people who do that. 

I don't really.

• Like 2

Â