Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

Browser snobbery belongs in this thread.

Who actually gives a single **** what browser people use?

It's like arguing over what washing up liquid is best. Nobody cares.

• Like 3

We HAVE to use IE at work for company applications and it's shit. For me, from a technical PoV, using IE is akin to cutting your own foot off. It's so severely limited and crap.

5 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Browser snobbery belongs in this thread.

Who actually gives a single **** what browser people use?

It's like arguing over what washing up liquid is best. Nobody cares.

Agreed, I couldn't care less.

Unless it's IE of course, that's the Times New Roman of browsers.

It's the keyboard sounds left on someones phone.

30 minutes ago, MakemineVanilla said:

engineers ... would be the most suspect, according to a recent study ... because they were the most disillusioned.

Even more so than failed Magicians? :P

• Like 2

The clearing in the woods that was pulled over and/or broken down in the absolutely worst place he could possibly stop right in rush hour on the way home. The language in my car has a physical presence by the time I got past him.

I'm aware it's not his fault in either situation but my understanding had gone once I hit double figures in minutes of crawling in first on the clutch, and EA's a distant memory once I got to the reason for the horrendous traffic. I was genuinely hoping at one point it was an accident as the only justification for the traffic being that bad.

Stuck behind a dopey word removed on the way to work, nothing behind me for 300-400 yards, dickhead slams on his breaks and stops in the middle of the road to wait for a few cars to pass the other way and then allow two cars to come out from a sideroad. 

If he'd kept going we'd have both been past before it was clear in the other direction.

I hate all the other words removed on the road.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Seat68 said:

People who dont care about washing up liquid. 

we've gone back to Fairy after a few years of 'saving money' but in reality Fairy goes so much further and it's kind to your hands

Washing machine stuff, haven't got a clue. It's spectacularly rare that I use the washing machine and when I do I just get the to bottles of stuff and pour a bit of each into all three little compartments and then put the dial on a middle setting. Bish bash Bosch.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chrisp65 said:

we've gone back to Fairy after a few years of 'saving money' but in reality Fairy goes so much further and it's kind to your hands

Washing machine stuff, haven't got a clue. It's spectacularly rare that I use the washing machine and when I do I just get the to bottles of stuff and pour a bit of each into all three little compartments and then put the dial on a middle setting. Bish bash Bosch.

This is my thinking, the washing machine is not my domain, put a bit of liquid in each section, its bound to work.

Whenever I put a wash on and put the clothes to dry, they don't need ironing and they smell lovely.

I don't know what she does differently, but when my girlfriend puts one on, all the clothes end up looking like our cat has had all his mates round to have a sleepover on after doing a tough mudder

Edited by Paddywhack
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

Mandatory corporate training videos. 

Data privacy today, I'll tell you all about it if I ever finish it.

Eurgh, tell me about it.

We have this one bloke at work, Dale Taylor, who trains us all about that. It's so pointless. I text him on 0786621211 all the time to tell him how unnecessary it is. If he doesn't reply I go round his house at 11 Bobble Road, Bobbleton to tell him face to face.

• Like 4

17 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

Roger Moore

I can do a fairly decent Roger Moore impression * , not as good as my Roland rat impression , but I tend to find more people know who Moore is over the rat

alas my Jimmy Savile impression makes him sound like he came from Delhi so I've dropped that one from my repertoire  

* I should qualify that by saying it depends what definition of "decent"  you are using  !!

Edited by tonyh29

Â