Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

19 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

I can do a fairly decent Roger Moore impression * , not as good as my Roland rat impression , but I tend to find more people know who Moore is over the rat

alas my Jimmy Savile impression makes him sound like he came from Delhi so I've dropped that one from my repertoire  

* I should qualify that by saying it depends what definition of "decent"  you are using  !!

As far as I can tell, it seems most people's impressions, are impressions of others doing impressions.

In my case, my Michael Caine has rather more to do with Brydon and Coogan than Caine himself, and my Tom Baker (Dr Who), is 10% Jon Culshaw and 90% crap.

Edited by MakemineVanilla

Going in the jazz thread and it being about jazz, therefore ruining my strongly held suspicion it was a discrete VT swinging club.

Ready for a rant of 'serious things that piss you off.

"Estate agents"

So my property is sold, which is the only thanks the one estate agent is getting. They then rope me into using their solicitors because they are the cheapest on the few estimates I had. Although when the invoice came through there was a extra £75 plus VAT redemption fee on it, which, only after explaining the laws of the land they decided to waive it.

The worse thing is the way the estate agents are working at the moment because they have a bit of business. Last property I bought they were pulling up trees for my business, but now they can hardly be arsed to get me a viewing until they have 5-10 people fighting for a property. I must be getting old. But I thought when you offer the asking price for a house and the vendor accepts, its as good as yours. But ohh no, the estate agent want another week or 2 of viewings to see if they can get over the asking price.

A house goes up for sale on the big property web site. You call the agent straight away thinking you will view before anyone, an bang an offer in early, only to be told they aren't doing viewings yet, which is fine, i'm sure, as we are only willing to spend a couple of hundred grand, no worries, i'll wait for you, call me went your ready???? They explain they haven't got keys or the vendor is not taking viewings as yet, although this is complete bullshit. When our own house went up for sale, I would have had a viewing in the first hour, which I am sure is the same for many sellers. The truth is they are waiting for other interested parties, so they can have, as good as an auction. 2 properties I have lost out on so far because they went over asking price, an anyone looking for a property at the moment knows they are overpriced by the agents anyway.

Also most of the agents only do viewings 9 till 5. Do they not realise, the reason we can afford a house is because we bloody work in the daytime. Its no good telling me the only viewings are 2:45 Tuesday afternoon, an you'll be viewing with 10 other couples. "I'll just wait here out in the rain until you guys have finished, no probs". Useless the lot of emmm!

Rant over!!

• Like 2

On 22/07/2016 at 07:15, chrisp65 said:

we've gone back to Fairy after a few years of 'saving money' but in reality Fairy goes so much further and it's kind to your hands

Washing machine stuff, haven't got a clue. It's spectacularly rare that I use the washing machine and when I do I just get the to bottles of stuff and pour a bit of each into all three little compartments and then put the dial on a middle setting. Bish bash Bosch.

We use morning fresh. Every bit as good as fairy but doesn't destroy your hands. For reasons I don't understand you can't buy it in supermarkets anymore but have to get it from poundland which is brilliant as it is almost free now. 

On 21/07/2016 at 15:11, dAVe80 said:

Can we hold off on the maths puns please? These things tend to multiply quickly.

That's a very divisive comment. 

• Like 1

On 20/07/2016 at 22:19, Phumfeinz said:

I'm housesitting for a family friend for a few weeks, and they have a house cat. Everything is covered in fur, and so now is everything I've brought with me. Just, fur everywhere. EVERYWHERE. I put my laptop down for the night and in the morning it's covered in fur. All my clothes are covered in fur, inside and out. I can't imagine the amount of fur I've ingested since being here.

And cleaning the litter tray every day sucks balls. How do people live like this?

I absolutely love cats, but I'd never have a house cat. ****. That.

You should do what I did when I house sat for my friend 25 years ago and let it get run over on the road outside the house. . They still call me the cat killer to this day!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

"Estate agents"

So my property is sold, which is the only thanks the one estate agent is getting. They then rope me into using their solicitors because they are the cheapest on the few estimates I had. Although when the invoice came through there was a extra £75 plus VAT redemption fee on it, which, only after explaining the laws of the land they decided to waive it.

The worse thing is the way the estate agents are working at the moment because they have a bit of business. Last property I bought they were pulling up trees for my business, but now they can hardly be arsed to get me a viewing until they have 5-10 people fighting for a property. I must be getting old. But I thought when you offer the asking price for a house and the vendor accepts, its as good as yours. But ohh no, the estate agent want another week or 2 of viewings to see if they can get over the asking price.

A house goes up for sale on the big property web site. You call the agent straight away thinking you will view before anyone, an bang an offer in early, only to be told they aren't doing viewings yet, which is fine, i'm sure, as we are only willing to spend a couple of hundred grand, no worries, i'll wait for you, call me went your ready???? They explain they haven't got keys or the vendor is not taking viewings as yet, although this is complete bullshit. When our own house went up for sale, I would have had a viewing in the first hour, which I am sure is the same for many sellers. The truth is they are waiting for other interested parties, so they can have, as good as an auction. 2 properties I have lost out on so far because they went over asking price, an anyone looking for a property at the moment knows they are overpriced by the agents anyway.

Also most of the agents only do viewings 9 till 5. Do they not realise, the reason we can afford a house is because we bloody work in the daytime. Its no good telling me the only viewings are 2:45 Tuesday afternoon, an you'll be viewing with 10 other couples. "I'll just wait here out in the rain until you guys have finished, no probs". Useless the lot of emmm!

Rant over!!

I sold my house last week and I did not use an estate agent,  they have open house days here where all the houses that are for sale are all viewable on a Saturday so you can turn up without an appointment.  Just plan a little route to see the ones you want.

Found my new house that way and it should all be sorted in a month. 

I don't have an estate agent but she does so it costs her like € 5-7 k I supose.  They are thieves IMO and should get a fer 100 quid max.  Maybe 500 quid maximum per house where timescale reduces their possible end revenue.  The longer they **** about the less they get.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

I sold my house last week and I did not use an estate agent,  they have open house days here where all the houses that are for sale are all viewable on a Saturday so you can turn up without an appointment.  Just plan a little route to see the ones you want.

Found my new house that way and it should all be sorted in a month. 

I don't have an estate agent but she does so it costs her like € 5-7 k I supose.  They are thieves IMO and should get a fer 100 quid max.  Maybe 500 quid maximum per house where timescale reduces their possible end revenue.  The longer they **** about the less they get.

Very true. My house sold 2 days after it went to market. Now I owe them nearly £2k. Money for old rope as they say.

Also while we are back on the subject, I would like to say how non academic the guy who came round and put the for sale sign up must have been. Two massive holes drilled right out side my front door into the rendered wall and mounted head height. So every time I go into my house, I nearly head butt the sign. I took it down straight away, bloody donkey!! I obviously complained, although he hasn't had the bottle to come round and put the sold sign up. Maybe cause I'll tell him in no uncertain terms where to put it. :)

• Like 2

13 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

"Estate agents"

Rant over!!

I'm about to let my house and the agents have said they're going to do this approach. Have like an open day instead of separate viewings.

Not gonna lie, it sounded quite good from a landlord point of view. But probably irritating for a tenant/buyer.

On ‎22‎/‎07‎/‎2016 at 14:49, Seat68 said:

People who dont care about washing up liquid. 

I care. I dont want anyone slipping over.

On ‎22‎/‎07‎/‎2016 at 18:38, Paddywhack said:

Whenever I put a wash on and put the clothes to dry, they don't need ironing and they smell lovely.

I don't know what she does differently, but when my girlfriend puts one on, all the clothes end up looking like our cat has had all his mates round to have a sleepover on after doing a tough mudder

#dirtypussyparty

17 hours ago, V01 said:

Going in the jazz thread and it being about jazz, therefore ruining my strongly held suspicion it was a discrete VT swinging club.

There is one, but you are better off not knowing. Horrible sausage fest.

Talking about estate agents, I'm trying to rent an apartment at the moment. One of the fees is £95 for an inventory of what works and what doesn't etc. Only it's an unfurnished apartment that the landlord was previously occupying, so he knows if the boiler doesn't work and there's no furniture to look at. I'm literally paying someone nearly a hundred quid to stand for five seconds in an empty room, stroke their chin and then tick a box. 

Â