Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

9 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

46 must be miserable. 

I remember cycling to work on a day or two like that in Hanoi, not a great feeling. 

Luckily, no one would be stupid enough to bring a major sporting event to this part of the world in the summer....

:rolleyes: 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, coda said:

It was 54 in Kuwait last week.

:blush: I have skin that is as white as the screen you are typing on,  I can burn in under 1 hour in Holland with no sun cream.  What the hell would happen to me out there ? 

54,  surely that will kill you after a while ? If you break down in the desert with no water to speak off I wonder how long you would last.  I think about 1 day maximum,  you might make it through the night and then that will be it I suppose.  Losing X fluid an hour.

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

Do people actually go outside if it's 54 degrees?!

I was out and about in Egypt a few weeks ago and it was 49 degrees. Didn't bother me as much as I thought it would.

4 hours ago, Shropshire Lad said:

Now cancelled due to pitch conditions. 

That's the official word.

I must admit i did chuckle when I heard the game was cancelled. 

I'm more worried about the latte.  That much warm milk can give me the runs, plus it's a bit of a namby pamby coffee.

Working my balls off when three people are on holiday and the manager walked out on us and getting nothing but grief and no recognition.  rocket polishers.

My mate and his missus live with another couple who yesterday morning went on holiday.

I popped round yesterday and my mate pointed out to me all the dirty plates, glasses and mugs that had been in this other couples bedroom for ages, but they'd now been left in the kitchen because they "didn't want to come back to it all in their room".

They'd also packed suitcases in the living room and left clothes piled up on both the sofas.

My mate says he says he's just going to launch it all back in their room :lol:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Xela said:

I must admit i did chuckle when I heard the game was cancelled. 

and they're giving the fans a refund and... a video from the players with some msg. or some such, bwhahahahahahaha

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Do people actually go outside if it's 54 degrees?!

In all fairness, the region (at least here in the UAE) is prepared for it. It's much like the Scandinavians who realise that every year they have to deal with freezing conditions and snow.

The summer months can see temperatures up to around 48+ degrees in the city and 50+ in the desert. To combat this, we travel from an airconditioned home, into an airconditioned car, into another airconditioned building.

The metro and buses have AC, as do the bus stops. The metro stations are pretty new, but are properly impressive and every stop looks like this:

140.jpg

al-jafiliya-station.jpg

The issue still remains that there may be a short walk outdoors, or you may have to leave your car parked outside at some point which can be deeply unpleasant. But on the whole, the western expat doesn't have much to worry about. 

Can't necessarily say the same for those that work outdoors. The construction sites still continue, as do the car wash and petrol pump attendants. People will leave their car running whilst it's being filed up with petrol so that the AC can keep running, but there's still some poor chap whose job it is to fill up your tank.

I would say you get used to it, but it is pretty harsh. Humid too, especially at night, but come September the weather becomes much nicer. Around Christmas time it's a very pleasant 25 degrees - almost perfect for a football tournament.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Paddywhack said:

My mate and his missus live with another couple who yesterday morning went on holiday.

I popped round yesterday and my mate pointed out to me all the dirty plates, glasses and mugs that had been in this other couples bedroom for ages, but they'd now been left in the kitchen because they "didn't want to come back to it all in their room".

They'd also packed suitcases in the living room and left clothes piled up on both the sofas.

My mate says he says he's just going to launch it all back in their room :lol:

It is surprising how some people live. I mean, I'm no clean freak, but I wouldn't leave dirty dishes or cups in my room. 

• Like 1

Driving into a small car park the other day behind another car and there were two spaces left. The bloke in front decided to park evenly across both bays, like he thought you needed to park on top of the white lines.

After about 10 seconds of me sitting there flabbergasted, another car started to leave so I parked there.

I gave the bloke such a look, I bet it's still hurting him now.

But now I've typed this I realise it's possible he was in a wheelchair.. :huh:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Paddywhack said:

Driving into a small car park the other day behind another car and there were two spaces left. The bloke in front decided to park evenly across both bays, like he thought you needed to park on top of the white lines.

After about 10 seconds of me sitting there flabbergasted, another car started to leave so I parked there.

If not then, probably some time in the future, after you did that thing with the voodoo doll.

Edited by MakemineVanilla

8 hours ago, Paddywhack said:

Being disabled is not an excuse for evil

• Like 1

People that run to get on the underground when the doors start beeping only to see it shut inches away from their nose

there is another one along in 1 - 2 mins keep your dignity and just wait for it 

• Like 2

Â