Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

Something annoying that seems to have crept onto British TV is when somebody with a foreign accent is speaking, it's becoming increasingly common for the programme to have subtitles, even though they are speaking perfectly understandable English.  It's the kind of thing I used to laugh at the Americans for, now we are considered that dumb. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

Something annoying that seems to have crept onto British TV is when somebody with a foreign accent is speaking, it's becoming increasingly common for the programme to have subtitles, even though they are speaking perfectly understandable English.  It's the kind of thing I used to laugh at the Americans for, now we are considered that dumb. 

I think I actually posted that very thing in this thread, some time back. Same with anybody who has the SLIGHTEST speech impediment (e.g. deaf people). It's an embarrassment. 

6 hours ago, Paddywhack said:

No matter how much I check my face after a shave, I'll always find the long hairs that I've missed when I get to work.

I'm sitting here with whiskers on my cheeks.

Same, but for when I shave my balls

I'm housesitting for a family friend for a few weeks, and they have a house cat. Everything is covered in fur, and so now is everything I've brought with me. Just, fur everywhere. EVERYWHERE. I put my laptop down for the night and in the morning it's covered in fur. All my clothes are covered in fur, inside and out. I can't imagine the amount of fur I've ingested since being here.

And cleaning the litter tray every day sucks balls. How do people live like this?

I absolutely love cats, but I'd never have a house cat. ****. That.

Edited by Phumfeinz

8 hours ago, Phumfeinz said:

And cleaning the litter tray every day sucks balls. How do people live like this?

People don't live like that.

5 minutes ago, Genie said:

When you read this thread at work, then forget its minimised and start doing a presentation with this sat at the bottom of your screen...

25sa4wi.jpg

:crylaugh:  Henceforth Genie was known as "you know the guy ... watersports *wink* ..."

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Genie said:

When you read this thread at work, then forget its minimised and start doing a presentation with this sat at the bottom of your screen...

25sa4wi.jpg

I can't see the image at work, but I'm guessing it says 'things that piss'? :lol:

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Phumfeinz said:

I'm housesitting for a family friend for a few weeks, and they have a house cat. Everything is covered in fur, and so now is everything I've brought with me. Just, fur everywhere. EVERYWHERE. I put my laptop down for the night and in the morning it's covered in fur. All my clothes are covered in fur, inside and out. I can't imagine the amount of fur I've ingested since being here.

I absolutely love cats, but I'd never have a house cat. ****. That.

litter tray is good for a couple of days. As for the fur, god knows what they have got as mine is a housecat, or word removed as I like to call him, and with a bit of hoovering I dont get cat hair anywhere.

This pisses me off, although it definitely should.  North Carolina in 2016 or Germany in the 30s ?  It absolutely infuriates me the thought that this absolute word removed might not lose its job over this.

Muslim man removed from flight after crew announces "I will be watching you" to entire plane

Muslim man removed from flight after crew announces "I will be watching you" to entire plane

The man was forced to leave the American Airlines flight because he had made the air hostess "uncomfortable"

American Airlines, Mohamed Ahmed Radwan, Muslim, racism, discrimination, flight, plane,

[Facebook]

A Muslim passenger was asked to leave an American Airlines flight after a member of the cabin crew announced his name on the plane’s tannoy system, adding his seat number and that she would be observing him throughout the flight.

Mohamed Ahmed Radwan was seated on the flight departing from Charlotte, North Carolina, in December 2015 when a flight attendant announced to everyone onboard: “Mohamed Ahmed, seat 25A, I will be watching you.” No other passengers were singled out by the same crew member.

When Radwan asked the stewardess why she had referred to him specifically, she reportedly responded by saying he was being “too sensitive.” Unsatisfied with her answer, Radwan reported her behaviour to two other American Airlines staff, but was told he needed to disembark from the place as he had made the woman who announced his name “uncomfortable.”

An official complaint has now been filed with the US Department of Transportation by the Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR), after attempts made to clear the matter with American Airlines failed to reach a resolution.

“Given the continuing rise of anti-Muslim rhetoric and hate crimes occurring throughout the United States, this type of reckless and harmful conduct should not be tolerated by our nation’s airlines, which are legally charged with safely carrying all individuals who are rightfully present in an equal and non-discriminatory manner, without regard to their religious affiliations or ethnicity,” the CAIR complaint reads.

“This incident is particularly troubling given the recent wave of incidents in which airline personnel have arbitrarily removed passenger of Muslim and/or Middle Eastern background without an objectively reasonable cause or explanation,” added Maha Sayed, CAIR’s staff lawyer.

In March, a Muslim family of five were removed from a United Airlines flight with the family claiming it was because of “how they looked.” Having asked cabin crew about safety harnesses for their three children, the plane’s pilot demanded they exit the plane because of a “safety issue.” And in April, a Muslim female passenger who had asked to change seats on a Southwest Airlines plane was asked to leave because she had made the flight attendant “uncomfortable.”

And in May, an Italian economics professor was asked to leave another American Airlines flight when the mathematics equation he was attempting to solve drew the attention of the female passenger sitting beside him. Passing the flight crew a note, warning that he may be a possible terrorist.

In relation to the December incident, a spokesperson for American Airlines said: “American [Airlines] was contacted by CAIR earlier this year. We thoroughly reviewed these allegations and concluded that no discrimination occurred. We serve customers of all backgrounds and faiths and do not tolerate discrimination of any kind.”

• Like 3

Â