Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

I've just rented a new a property.

The estate agent wasn't the smartest. At the first viewing she said the fees were £300 and laughed when I said "Oh, that's actually less than I thought it would be, Foxtons charge £400".

She laughed because she thought I meant £400 per person because which I didn't because in reality what she actually meant was her company charge £300 per person.

Well we disputed this as it wasn't clear and their website actually says £250 anyway.

The funniest part of it is we've signed the contracts, got the keys and are all moved in and she actually thinks i'll be sending over the extra money.

Yeah, I'll get right on that.

Just to add insult to injury they haven't even actually done the checks on us. Do these people think we aren't in contact with the people we work with that they use to check our salaries??

58 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

The amount of press and media attention being given to this Manchester Utd vs Manchester City pre-season friendly

Not at all saying this to be deliberately contrary, but this is literally the first time I've heard about this friendly.

Having said that, I can just imagine how much fuss is being made. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

Not at all saying this to be deliberately contrary, but this is literally the first time I've heard about this friendly.

Having said that, I can just imagine how much fuss is being made. 

Put sky sports news on for 5 minutes and come back to me ;)

33 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Put sky sports news on for 5 minutes and come back to me ;)

Not having sky sports news means I will have to take your word for it. :)

But I am aware of the fanfare the nation's beloved Boleyn ground received, in part from sky, so I can only imagine the advertising taking place as Jose and Pep renew their long standing La Liga rivalry as both the red and blue half of Manchester do battle while the world watches on.

Great, now I'm pissed off and I shouldn't be.

Ive always said that I'll never move again after buying my first house.

So much stress. I had my vendor move the agreed exchange date after I had given notice meaning I was effectively homeless for a week ( it was worse than that, I had to live with the in laws!).

And then there was all the hidden fees such as 'chancel repair liability' !

Trying to sort out a memorial/thank you card to send to people who sent us cards when Dad passed away. 

Its so hard. All the websites that do that sort of thing are either totally amateurish, or have a dreadful selection.

Anyone done this before?

Occasionally I realise I'm probably a really shitty person.

There's this guy that lives in Nottingham. He's homeless, and sells the big issue, and I walk past him every day, without a care in the world, and pretend he doesn't exist. I did it again today, after spending £25 on a haircut, carrying a latte and a £600 parcel I'd collected from an Amazon locker, and I didn't bother chucking him a couple of quid. I even felt guilty as I did it, but I didn't stop.

On 7/22/2016 at 17:47, tonyh29 said:

alas my Jimmy Savile impression makes him sound like he came from Delhi so I've dropped that one from my repertoire  

I love the reason you've dropped Jimmy Savile from your repertoire is because the impression may sound mildly racist, as opposed to him being a heinous paedophile.

:D

Also, if the impression never actually sounded like him, why was he even in the repertoire? By that reckoning, I can mimic anyone in the world. Unfortunately, they just sound like other people. :P

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Shropshire Lad said:

Not having sky sports news means I will have to take your word for it. :)

But I am aware of the fanfare the nation's beloved Boleyn ground received, in part from sky, so I can only imagine the advertising taking place as Jose and Pep renew their long standing La Liga rivalry as both the red and blue half of Manchester do battle while the world watches on.

Great, now I'm pissed off and I shouldn't be.

It's not just SSN.

BBC Here

Pep Guardiola: Manchester City boss has no problem shaking hands with Jose Mourinho

That story is on loads of news sites, despite both men laughing off the question as completely irrelevant and stupid.

1 hour ago, StanBalaban said:

I love the reason you've dropped Jimmy Savile from your repertoire is because the impression may sound mildly racist, as opposed to him being a heinous paedophile.

:D

Also, if the impression never actually sounded like him, why was he even in the repertoire? By that reckoning, I can mimic anyone in the world. Unfortunately, they just sound like other people. :P

:)

it does sound like him , it's just it sounds like him if he was born in Delhi but if i did it you'd know it was Saville rather than Kapil Dev 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Update on the weather in Saudi Arabia:

That poor thing.

It hit 46 degrees today here in Dubai. I couldn't be bothered to leave the house once (and we work from Sunday to Thursday).

8 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

46 must be miserable. 

I remember cycling to work on a day or two like that in Hanoi, not a great feeling. 

I really struggle + 35 so I cannot even imagine what it is like.  I think it hit 40 while I was in Egypt once,  I could not think properly and everything you do is a calculated move in terms of effort / water needed to complete task.

11 hours ago, Davkaus said:

Occasionally I realise I'm probably a really shitty person.

There's this guy that lives in Nottingham. He's homeless, and sells the big issue, and I walk past him every day, without a care in the world, and pretend he doesn't exist. I did it again today, after spending £25 on a haircut, carrying a latte and a £600 parcel I'd collected from an Amazon locker, and I didn't bother chucking him a couple of quid. I even felt guilty as I did it, but I didn't stop.

I'll give homeless people change from time to time, but I don't for the ones I see outside my work everyday, I'm not starting that game.

There's one woman in our office who used to give her change to homeless bloke everyday, until one day when she didn't have any on her so he said "f off then you stupid bitch."

Just now, Paddywhack said:

I'll give homeless people change from time to time, but I don't for the ones I see outside my work everyday, I'm not starting that game.

There's one woman in our office who used to give her change to homeless bloke everyday, until one day when she didn't have any on her so he said "f off then you stupid bitch."

I genuinely never have cash anymore,  I have a card for travel and everything else is PIN.  There is only 1 homeless guy in my town,  I sometimes buy him a coffee or a snickers though,  that is the least I can do I suppose.

The **** in Amsterdam can **** off though.  That's just words removed preying on the tourists for drug money,  they show there true colours sometimes with a snide remark here and there.  Pick pocketing bike thieving scum buckets.  

16 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

The amount of press and media attention being given to this Manchester Utd vs Manchester City pre-season friendly

Now cancelled due to pitch conditions. 

That's the official word.

Personally, I'm choosing to believe you have more sway regarding overhyped friendly fixtures held in Beijing than you're letting on....

;)

29 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

Now cancelled due to pitch conditions. 

That's the official word.

Personally, I'm choosing to believe you have more sway regarding overhyped friendly fixtures held in Beijing than you're letting on....

;)

I don't know what you mean

o_a_xaviniesta13_f_c_barcelona_95960_201

• Like 1

Â