Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

Walked downstairs to find a massive pool of water in my kitchen...water is leaking in from the roof, going down an internal wall, and dripping through the lights downstairs. ****. :( 

1 hour ago, MakemineVanilla said:

I suppose it's not unreasonable for an old dear with a dodgy hip to wonder why they privilege parents over her, when her need is at least equal or greater.

personally ( and as parent of 2) I don't think parents should get any privileges like that to start with  ,park your car wherever there is a space same as everyone else  , your kid is going to grow up obese from sitting in front of an X-Box 13 hours a day so a bit of exercise in his younger years will do him a world of good

Edited by tonyh29
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

personally ( and as parent of 2) I don't think parents should get any privileges like that to start with  ,park your car wherever there is a space same as everyone else  , your kid is going to grow up obese from sitting in front of an X-Box 13 hours a day so a bit of exercise in his younger years will do him a world of good

Yep, the only privilege a parent should get is a wider space, so that you don't bump your **** door off my car trying to get your spawn out of the back seat because you just happen to be an unconscientious f**kwad.  Distance from the shop entrance should not be a consideration.

Just now, BOF said:

Yep, the only privilege a parent should get is a wider space, so that you don't bump your **** door off my car trying to get your spawn out of the back seat because you just happen to be an unconscientious f**kwad.  Distance from the shop entrance should not be a consideration.

don't get me started on that  , I've got 4 door edge sized dents in the side of my car where some rocket polisher has done exactly that

I open the kids  door I stick my hand on the edge as a buffer zone / gauge  between me and the car next to me  .... but seems everyone else uses the clonk sound of metal on metal as their gauge :rant:

• Like 1

Parent child spaces should be for people with pushchairs, then you're not getting your son/daughter into a pram on a road, becuz dan-jur-us.

If the child walks then no, they shouldn't be using them.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Davkaus said:

Walked downstairs to find a massive pool of water in my kitchen...water is leaking in from the roof, going down an internal wall, and dripping through the lights downstairs. ****. :( 

So, £350 out for a roof repair, not too bad, all things considered, probably could have got it cheaper but this guy came and fixed it same day, so **** it, with the weather we have over the next couple of days, I'm happy to get it sorted earlier.

He came, fixed it, off he went. I went for a shower, go down for a cup of tea, MASSIVE LAKE OF WATER IN THE KITCHEN. Turns out my roof and bath both started leaking at the same time. When it rains, it pours, eh?

12 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I've done this one before,

but people who act like idiots in car parks. Cars and pedestrians just suddenly ignore the rules of the road. 

You wouldn't drive the wrong way down a one way street or wander out in front of moving cars if you're on foot in 

Yesterday I was driving into Morrisons. 

You scared me right here because yesterday I nipped the wrong way down a parking aisle in morissons Shirley so thought I might be your culprit!  Reading further I realised your different tack but was MIGHTILY relieved I hadn't incurred your wrath. Congratulations on the confrontation I would have liked to but probably have dropped my eyes and walked on. I am not my father's son but then he is Welsh therfore a loser Today!! . 

This however reminds me of my next rant below:

Car Park designs. Why the heck do they always take all the traffic past the front of the shops at the busiest pinch point where most of the pedestrians are?  Surely it would be more sensible to route more cars the far side?  

And then they completely fail to install any pavements forcing you to walk amongst the traffic.  It's basically to save space I know but how much really?  They basically play Russian Roulette with our lives to fit I a couple more spaces.  They should be help responsible for corporate manslaughter if anyone gets knocked over and killed 

The word "could" It's not a bad word on it's own, but the way it's used in the referendum debate and politics in general.   One side say something like leaving could cause 50,000 job losses. but it might not. Coming out could create 50, 000 jobs, the other side say 500,000 immigrants could come in, but on the other hand 500, 000 could leave. Or the economy could improve, or the economy could get worse. Or we could all be following the debate and not notice that mars has exploded, it could happen.

I could be reading a newspaper about  the debate and I could spill my cup of tea all over me, of course I could, but I could be reading about Raheem stirling being picked for Englands' next game and still  spill it. 

Could is a crap word

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

Car Park designs. Why the heck do they always take all the traffic past the front of the shops at the busiest pinch point where most of the pedestrians are?  Surely it would be more sensible to route more cars the far side?  

And then they completely fail to install any pavements forcing you to walk amongst the traffic.  It's basically to save space I know but how much really?  They basically play Russian Roulette with our lives to fit I a couple more spaces.  They should be help responsible for corporate manslaughter if anyone gets knocked over and killed 

I imagine if cars enter at the back, most of them will try to get to the front to see if there is spaces close to the shop/attraction and then have to go around. You're keeping the distance a car actually drives in that car park to a minimum. Less driving around, less chance of accidents. Less annoying for drivers, less silly manoeuvres to turn around when people realise the front is full. If you have the exit and entrance at the back to avoid the pedestrians at the front like you suggested, then you'd also get a lot more traffic flowing both ways along the roads causing more potential for accidents and congestion. Most big carparks have pedestrian crossing routes and many display speed limit signs even if they're not legally binding (5, 10, 20), it's not likely you're driving fast enough to kill anyone in a carpark anyway unless you're a terrible human being.

I mean people probably thought of these things before designing them :)

There are two guys in my office that 'do' car park design.

These things are not just thrown together, there is just as much design to a car park layout as any other element of a building. Having said that, different Clients want different qualities of layout and some local authorities dabble in the design before giving approval. If you have the car park designer, the client, the planning department and highways department all having a dabble, what you can get is design by committee.

I would imagine most of you could have a pretty good guess which Clients would want to maximise the number of cars rammed in the legal minimum space for the minimum financial outlay and constructed the fastest, and which ones prefer a more relaxing, safe, logical layout. 

• Like 2

At work we were made to do an inter-departmental predictor game for the euros. 

Simple concept. 1 point for correct result and 3 for the correct score. 

I got lumped in with a girl who says she likes football! I thought happy days this could work.

These are the predictions she put in yesterday. England 1-0, NI vs Ukraine 2-2, Germany 4-1.

When we were doing them I asked if she was sure. I said that games are often very tight in these competitions and showed her that if all of those came off the odds are 33k-1.

She said trust me.....

Trust me!!

to make it worse before the England game she asked what I would have put. I said It could be a draw but I'd have put 2-1 instead of 1-0 because England can't defend.

7 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

yes, from my only child, due date is sunday, its a big deal, very close family so we are all on tenterhooks.

Enjoy your last few days of not being a grandparent! :)

Everything will happen with both mama and baby are happy.

Relax, you'll be helping mama to be, by not worrying.  Tension is felt subconsciously, that can be passed on. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

yes, from my only child, due date is sunday, its a big deal, very close family so we are all on tenterhooks.

Good luck!  I hope you have the whisky and cigar on standby.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Hope all goes well! Totally the wrong thread for me, as being a granddad has been pure joy. We look after Bonnie two days a week, and just love it. Although yesterday she had her one year vaccinations, and clearly felt crap and was weepy - totally out of character. Back to her bouncing best today though.

• Like 2

Nearly had a crash the last day, so was at a cross roads +, so I am at the north point at a stop sign heading south. 2 girls are approaching from the west in a car. I'm here maybe a minute waiting for the right time to go. Just as they come to the cross roads (1 metre before I'd say), they turn on the indicator to turn left, which really pissed me off because if they had indicated earlier I could have gone earlier. So I start to move out, suddenly they don't decide to turn left and continue straight. I had pulled out a bit but slammed on the breaks and they swerved. Just wondering who would have been at fault here had I smashed deservedly into them.

Â