Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

44 minutes ago, AVFCDAN said:

The usual statements have been released and no doubt the NRA are planning their usual retaliations. Then as you say it's business as usual.

cant even begin to imagine the frustrations the victims families are feeling on top of all the grief.

The NRA are probably delighted, fifty dead gays.

• Like 1

This one angers me even more than usual...when it's a seemingly random act of violence, and people are just in the wrong place at the wrong time, it's still absolutely horrific, but this time...50 people dead because of their sexuality. It's somehow worse when he's targeted people like this.

30 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

It is going to be awful watching Republicans pretend that they really give a shit about the health and safety of gay people, and that that's what they've always been about, really, if only you'd been listening carefully enough. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

fox news spent the day being mad at Obama for not explicitly naming Islamic terrorism in his speech. They'll have no problem getting around the LGBT issues they have... and remember, automatic assault rifles are hunting tools <_<

10 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

It's already been pointed out that many of the Florida politicians sending their messages of support and saying they "Stand By" the victims and their families, are the same politicians who have voted against pro-gay rights and against tighter gun control.

I get what your saying but those politicians may not like gay rights, doesnt mean they advocate killing Gay people. I think there is a pretty wide gap between those stances and thus they can still stand by the victims despite thier views on thier lifestyles

Then again, i just cant understand anyone not wanting tighter gun control in the US

Edited by zak

1 minute ago, zak said:

I get what your saying but those politicians may not like gay rights, doesnt mean they advocate killing Gay people. I think there is a pretty wide gap between those stances. Then again, i just cant understand anyone not wanting tighter gun control in the US

I was just pointing out the irony in them saying they "Stand by" the victims, when they've done anything but stand by them in the past.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, zak said:

I get what your saying but those politicians may not like gay rights, doesnt mean they advocate killing Gay people. I think there is a pretty wide gap between those stances and thus they can still stand by the victims despite thier views on thier lifestyles

Being gay is not a lifestyle.

21 minutes ago, limpid said:

Being gay is not a lifestyle.

True, but it's the lifestyle that the bigots object to. Like the Church of England's stance on vicars - they are allowed to be openly gay, but they have to be celibate. Rank absurdity. 

I find the immediate scurrying to maximise the benefit of the act to one's own political goals to be almost as abhorrent as the act itself.  Absolutely disgusting.

• Like 3

I read about the story in the Metro this morning. One section particularly stood out.

The crime scene investigators had to blank out the sound of mobile phones going off around them. 

Can you imagine making that call only for it to ring out? Possibly even going to the person's voice mail so you can hear their voice?

Harrowing.

:(

11 hours ago, mjmooney said:

True, but it's the lifestyle that the bigots object to. Like the Church of England's stance on vicars - they are allowed to be openly gay, but they have to be celibate. Rank absurdity. 

I obviously don't agree with this as it's double standards and I'm not religious in the slightest, but I would assume this is the case because sodomy is a sin, right? By allowing clergymen who are openly gay to have sex would be against their own teachings, wouldn't it?

Edited by Ginko

I was talking with this bar owner here, a 60 year old woman. Tough broad, funny and street smart, but she's a Trump supporter. And worse, she recently said that "Hillary just lost 50 voters", in reference to the Orlando dead.

Crazy callousness lies just under the surface with so many people, it's sad.

Edited by maqroll

Bought our first home in January this year and have spent almost every weekend doing work of some sort to it. Went away for the weekend and came back to it flooded due to a burst pipe in the downstairs toilet. Water about 3 inches deep. Boiler had tripped on, so water was hot and condensation in every room has wrecked everything we've done decoration wise aswell as a lot of our furniture. Insurance company have been great so far to be fair, sending someone today to save what they can but I'm not too hopeful. Absolutely gutting! We go abroad today aswell so having to leave it in the hands of our dad's. 

On another note the recently painted claret and blue walls are a complete mess, which up until a few weeks ago would have accurately reflected the state of the club. And a bright side, the steam has started stripping the wallpaper in the hallway for us so that saves a weekends work. 

Â