Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

21 minutes ago, ThisCouldBeRotterdam said:

Bought our first home in January this year and have spent almost every weekend doing work of some sort to it. Went away for the weekend and came back to it flooded due to a burst pipe in the downstairs toilet. Water about 3 inches deep. Boiler had tripped on, so water was hot and condensation in every room has wrecked everything we've done decoration wise aswell as a lot of our furniture. Insurance company have been great so far to be fair, sending someone today to save what they can but I'm not too hopeful. Absolutely gutting! We go abroad today aswell so having to leave it in the hands of our dad's. 

On another note the recently painted claret and blue walls are a complete mess, which up until a few weeks ago would have accurately reflected the state of the club. And a bright side, the steam has started stripping the wallpaper in the hallway for us so that saves a weekends work. 

At least you had the insurance man, a lot of insurers are pricks on flooding though I think that's natural disaster stuff they're now slow to cover.

I'm sure you can relate to The Money Pit.

Tom+Floor.jpg

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ccfcman said:

At least you had the insurance man, a lot of insurers are pricks on flooding though I think that's natural disaster stuff they're now slow to cover.

I'm sure you can relate to The Money Pit.

Tom+Floor.jpg

Had a call saying they're putting all our things that aren't damaged in storage and moving us out until it's sorted. It may actually end up actually saving us money. I'd swap that everyday for what we came into yesterday but searching for all the bright sides I can. 

The first pint at the airport has never tasted so good! 

• Like 1

I just made a chilli. It's rare for me to fancy something like that but it was just what I fancied and I figured I could knock together with stuff from the cupboard.

It tastes of fire with slight background hints of beef. I don't really do really hot stuff, but it smelt so good and I'd barely put any spice in so a couple more shakes, and now it's really hard to enjoy :(. I've also made Enugu for about 3 meals and I refuse to chuck it so I've destined myself to fire on rice for at least 3 more times...

14 hours ago, maqroll said:

I was talking with this bar owner here, a 60 year old woman. Tough broad, funny and street smart, but she's a Trump supporter. And worse, she recently said that "Hillary just lost 50 voters", in reference to the Orlando dead.

Crazy callousness lies just under the surface with so many people, it's sad.

If you really like a person, don't talk about politics with them. The crushing feeling you get when they say stupid shit like that is heart-breaking. 

15 hours ago, maqroll said:

I was talking with this bar owner here, a 60 year old woman. Tough broad, funny and street smart, but she's a Trump supporter. And worse, she recently said that "Hillary just lost 50 voters", in reference to the Orlando dead.

Crazy callousness lies just under the surface with so many people, it's sad.

watching the Ireland game yesterday, got talking to the barman... he'd worked in that club a few years back and personally knew 4 of the dead in addition to sorta a few more. Small, shitty little world!

The self-congratulatory, back-slapping love-in that is Welsh football fans. They will just not shut up about how **** great they think they are!

Edited by JB

58 minutes ago, JB said:

The self-congratulatory, back-slapping love-in that is Welsh football fans. They will just not shut up about how **** great they think they are!

weird, most years you'd keep this pathetic shit talking for the rugby thread

this about me **** your mum?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

weird, most years you'd keep this pathetic shit talking for the rugby thread

this about me **** your mum?

Oh FFS sake, get a grip and grow up. This is a thread about THINGS THAT SHOULDN'T PISS ME OFF. That's why I posted it here. Your post has actually pissed me off. 

And thanks for the mum crack. She's actually pretty seriously ill at the moment, so that's lovely, cheers. What a great guy. 

Edited by JB

1 minute ago, chrisp65 said:

Bloke starts harmless banter and gets overly offended by the harmless banter he gets as a response - would never have predicted it, mate.

Bit a difference between what I said and what you said, to be fair. 

1 hour ago, JB said:

Oh FFS sake, get a grip and grow up. This is a thread about THINGS THAT SHOULDN'T PISS ME OFF. That's why I posted it here. Your post has actually pissed me off. 

And thanks for the mum crack. She's actually pretty seriously ill at the moment, so that's lovely, cheers. What a great guy. 

Sorry to hear about you mum but that said if your going to come into a thread and deliberately provoke people   , don't be surprised when they come back with their own brand of repost ... You're lucky it wasn't the Guardian readers you insulted  , they'd have hit back at you with big words that you'd never have understood 

beside which everyone know it's the Irish that are world champions at self-congratulatory, back-slapping and don't  shut up about how **** great they think they are!

Edited by tonyh29
Wasn't not was ...

44 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Sorry to hear about you mum but that said if your going to come into a thread and deliberately provoke people   , don't be surprised when they come back with their own brand of repost ... Your lucky it was the Guardian readers you insulted  , they'd have hit back at you with big words that you'd never have understood 

beside which everyone know it's the Irish that are world champions at self-congratulatory, back-slapping and don't  shut up about how **** great they think they are!

It was something that pisses me off that shouldn't? Nothing deliberately provocative about it. I didn't intend to insult anyone or say or imply anything offensive or personal. Just a whimsical, 'banter-y' (urgh) observation about a rival team. I live in Wales, have a Welsh girlfriend and close Welsh friends. And I'M a Guardian reader for God's sake ;). Didn't warrant what I got in response, which was aggressive and fairly personal. Definitely not 'banter maaate'. 

Fair enough, I might be a bit sensitive about the mom thing at the moment (which I admit is ridiculously childish) but he was still way over-the-top IMO. 

Edited by JB

Travellers.

Abundance of them round here again and last night they broke into Warrens Hall Nature Reserve at the end of my road and about 30 caravans moved on. Pisses me off that the council and police can't move them on immediately as it's effectively 'breaking and enterting'. Got another week or so of caution now since last time they were there (about 9 months ago) the kids from the camp bricked a load of cars and windows.

• Like 1

Â