Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

2 hours ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

Travellers.

Abundance of them round here again and last night they broke into Warrens Hall Nature Reserve at the end of my road and about 30 caravans moved on. Pisses me off that the council and police can't move them on immediately as it's effectively 'breaking and enterting'. Got another week or so of caution now since last time they were there (about 9 months ago) the kids from the camp bricked a load of cars and windows.

They hate the smell of petrol.

2 hours ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

Travellers.

Abundance of them round here again and last night they broke into Warrens Hall Nature Reserve at the end of my road and about 30 caravans moved on. Pisses me off that the council and police can't move them on immediately as it's effectively 'breaking and enterting'. Got another week or so of caution now since last time they were there (about 9 months ago) the kids from the camp bricked a load of cars and windows.

Ah...fellow yammer. They'll be residing opposite rowley church soon no doubt! 

Halfords just pissing me off bikes been in for repair for over a month now (cracked carbon fork) and they haven't a clue why the part hasn't been shipped or where the order number has gone .....what a **** joke of a company 

17 minutes ago, RimmyJimmer said:

Ah...fellow yammer. They'll be residing opposite rowley church soon no doubt! 

If they keep themselves quiet and don't cause any trouble like the last lot then I'm fine with them being there, but since I saw them smash their way through the gate I doubt that'll be the case. Might recommend them a nice spot in Rowley :ph34r:

40 minutes ago, Genie said:

Just spotted the Premier League fixtures are out, then realised :-(

Same, and now have had the rest of the office enquiring whether "I've seen the fixtures list are out yet?"  Yeah, thanks.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Meath_Villan said:

Halfords just pissing me off bikes been in for repair for over a month now (cracked carbon fork) and they haven't a clue why the part hasn't been shipped or where the order number has gone .....what a **** joke of a company

I recently bought a phone from Carphone Warehouse in the sale, was reduced from £300 to £150. Few weeks after getting it it developed a fault with the screen, a few dead/funny pixels so took it back for repair. Whilst I liked the phone it was a bit big so decided when I got it back I'd flog it as I'd get most of the £150 back judging by eBay prices.

CPW then lost the phone somehow but gave me a credit to buy a replacement, the credit was at the current price which was back at £300 :D

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Genie said:

Just spotted the Premier League fixtures are out, then realised :-(

Meh! I can honestly say I don't care, and really am looking forward to seeing our Championship fixtures for next season. I've got a few aways pencilled in, and I'm really looking forward to finding out when we play sha. Sorry for going On Topic in Off Topic.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Meath_Villan said:

Is the bike under warranty ?  My reason for asking is that if you want carbon repairs , there is a place at Moira, otherside of Tamworth , which is excellent. Took my frame to be looked at and there were a number of SKY bikes and squad frames there for attention. Hope that helps.

• Like 1

Yeah under warranty ...got on to head office just after posting that and they went down the food chain ..has ended up with the local store manager ringing me to apologise ..that he was away on holiday and only just back ..his story was the part was delivered but it was white not black & no one bothered to return or reorder the part ...a nice conversation between two grown adults then commenced where an offer of a brand new bike is on the table ...I could push it a bit more and maybe get some vouchers ...but I won't :ph34r:

• Like 1

22 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

If you really like a person, don't talk about politics with them. The crushing feeling you get when they say stupid shit like that is heart-breaking. 

A thousand times this. Had this experience with a friend of mine recently when we got into a discussion on the EU referendum. I won't go into the details but we're on different sides, which is fine as both sides have valid points. The thing is, he only has one main reason for why he's voting the way he is and he's actually wrong about that so I told him and proved it with facts. All he said was, well I know all I need to know and my mind's made up. He doesnt. He's read one thing in the Daily Mail and latched onto it instead of doing proper in-depth reading.

I hate that stupid form of stubbornness and ignorance. I know his background and that he can be quite a prude and very closed-minded about certain things but I felt like he was still a smart guy and could be open to reason. It made me a bit sad. He's still a nice chap but Christ he is old-fashioned in so many ways. I suspect it's mainly due to him growing up in a purely white northern mining village so he's been quite sheltered in a lot of ways.

Edited by Ginko
  • Like 4

12 minutes ago, Ginko said:

A thousand times this. Had this experience with a friend of mine recently when we got into a discussion on the EU referendum. I won't go into the details but we're on different sides, which is fine as both sides have valid points. The thing is, he only has one main reason for why he's voting the way he is and he's actually wrong about that so I told him and proved it with facts. All he said was, well I know all I need to know and my mind's made up. He doesnt. He's read one thing in the Daily Mail and latched onto it instead of doing proper in-depth reading.

I hate that stupid form of stubbornness and ignorance. I know his background and that he can be quite a prude and very closed-minded about certain things but I felt like he was still a smart guy and could be open to reason. It made me a bit sad. He's still a nice chap but Christ he is old-fashioned in so many ways. I suspect it's mainly due to him growing up in a purely white northern mining village so he's been quite sheltered in a lot of ways.

You went to all that trouble to not say who was on what side and then mentioned his view came from the Mail and thus you are remain and he is leave :)

do I win an Internet ?

• Like 1

That wasn't the point of what I said though, was it? I purposefully didn't say who was on what side because that wasn't the point. The point was that he was being ignorant and his only reason for being on the side he is on is completely untrue. My disappointment in him stems from this absurd stubbornness and the fact he chooses ignorance. I already said both sides have valid points.

Do you work for the Daily Mail or something?

Edited by Ginko
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Ginko said:

That wasn't the point of what I said though, was it? I purposefully didn't say who was on what side because that wasn't the point. The point was that he was being ignorant and his only reason for being on the side he is on is completely untrue. My disappointment in him stems from this absurd stubbornness and the fact he chooses ignorance. I already said both sides have valid points.

Do you work for the Daily Mail or something?

You may not have explicty named the sides or issue but it's very transparent, Tony's post read nothing more than a little jibe at such don't read too much into it.

• Like 1

I suppose it doesn't take much to figure it out, that and some of the more frequent Off Topic posters will know my views as I don't particularly try to hide them. Either way like I said, not the point I was making.

Edited by Ginko

10 hours ago, dAVe80 said:

Meh! I can honestly say I don't care, and really am looking forward to seeing our Championship fixtures for next season. I've got a few aways pencilled in, and I'm really looking forward to finding out when we play sha. Sorry for going On Topic in Off Topic.

Was going to look at them earlier then thought why?? . Really have zero interest 

15 hours ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

Travellers.

This really winds me up. A other example of modern day scum "hiding" and being protected by the system 

They preach romantically like they are some kind of ancient noble traditional institution.  Free spirits wandering the world keeping traditions alive. 

Reality is they are (there are exeptions but very very much in the main ) utter scum. Total freeloaders thieves vandals con artists tax avoiders benefit cheats. The horrendous mess they leave behind is a disgrace. I remember going past a "camp" on a car park off Golden Hillock Road on my way to work one morning and see some kids 8 years old or so laying about some young trees with an axe. After they left there were piles of junk and a row of cut down trees destroyed for no reason other than mindless. Vandalism which the parents obviously ignored totally. . Not what you would expect from a noble ancient breed of people. I bet most of them have absolutely no connection to proper gypsies. 

I agree,  they should be moved on IMMEDIATELY before they have the chance to do any real damage. Why does it take days/weeks to get rid?  And why are they or others able to return again so quickly starting the whole cycle overagain.  The law needs changing although it shouldn't really as it should have been sorted years ago 

I work hard pay my taxes,  play my part in society and then these people are allowed to stroll in destroy the place,  rip people off of thieve from them and suck my hard paid taxes away trying to get them moved then more wasted clearing up. . IT'S PLAIN Wrong.

• Like 2

On 12/06/2016 at 21:41, AVFCDAN said:

The usual statements have been released and no doubt the NRA are planning their usual retaliations. Then as you say it's business as usual.

Guns don't kill people,  people kill people......Yes but the guns **** well help don't they NRA 

Â