Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

People harshing my buzz. I am going to a gig abroad that I have waited and hoped for since 2005. My money, my time, a singer I love, why the **** do you need to tell me that I am an idiot for doing it. Work words removed.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, mjmooney said:

When we sold our first house, the sign never even went up. We placed it with the estate agent in the morning, they phoned us within a couple of hours with a viewing. They came round and agreed on our asking price. Sold, inside 12 hours. 

I had something similar,  I swapped my last house with the person who bought mine 100 metres away.

She gave me asking price + Loads of stuff in the house.

18 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

Just handed in my paperwork for renewing my flat tenancy which cost me £54.  **** estate agents.  The government said they'd ban charging tenants fees like that but it's not come into law yet, so I'm blatantly paying for something completely unnecessary.

At £54 you're relatively lucky in the rip offs! But yeah, absolute opportunists. When I was living in central / student part of Cardiff for a decade - the number of estate agents would balloon year on year.  I've seen adverts with £200 agency fees. That's per person :blink: These slime can't go out of business fast enough.

I'd like to think there are hedgehogs in heaven. I **** love hedgehogs.

Badgers too, but there would have to be lots of open space if there were badgers as they could quickly stink up the place.

Hell would just be heaven, but with cat shit, cats and people that like cats and some more cat shit.

Receipts.

Surely we don't need them anymore? Or at least give everyone the option.

How much paper gets wasted from people getting a receipt for a **** sandwich from tesco. Nobody needs a receipt for that shit.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Receipts.

How much paper gets wasted from people getting a receipt for a **** sandwich from tesco. Nobody needs a receipt for that shit.

I agree with the give everyone the option but the sandwich from Tesco is one of the few things that I might actually want a receipt for to stick on the expenses.

Completely agree that 99% of the time I don't need a receipt though. Some self service kiosks seem to give the option now to be fair.

On 9/28/2017 at 14:27, sharkyvilla said:

Just handed in my paperwork for renewing my flat tenancy which cost me £54.  **** estate agents.  The government said they'd ban charging tenants fees like that but it's not come into law yet, so I'm blatantly paying for something completely unnecessary.

Back in our dark days of renting, Simmons & Sons used to charge £50 a year forour  tenancy renewal, until year 3 when we just said we weren't going to pay it.  Didn't ask for a discount or try and haggle or anything, I just went in there with the papers ready to go for another year and said "we're not going to pay the renewal fee this year", and that was that.  No arguments, no hassle, they just said "erm, alright then", shot me a dirty look and I went off on my merry way.  Ultimately it's in your estate agent's interest to keep someone in the property, so I think you've got a fair bit of leverage if you want to give it a pop.

Of course, I hereby declare I hold absolutely no liability whatsoever for any concomitant state of destituteness you may find yourself in. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, tom_avfc said:

I agree with the give everyone the option but the sandwich from Tesco is one of the few things that I might actually want a receipt for to stick on the expenses.

Yeah I'd want to keep the receipt, chiefly because it'll likely taste better than the feckin' sandwich.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, tom_avfc said:

Completely agree that 99% of the time I don't need a receipt though. Some self service kiosks seem to give the option now to be fair.

Give people the option then. I know cashiers often now ask if you want your receipt, but if you say no it still gets printed out and chucked in the bin. It's just that they do it instead of you.

12 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

I bought a coffee machine from Currys earlier this week. The cashier asked if I'd like the receipt sending electronically. I said yes, and gave her my email [*]. Then she printed off the paper receipt and handed it to me. 

Probably because it's a thinly veiled method of harvesting email addresses for their spammy newsletters. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

Receipts.

You need the receipt to check how much they've overcharged you and how much of a refund you need to demand. :)

• Like 1

On 9/28/2017 at 15:47, rodders0223 said:

Also, I saw an advert go up on rightmove for a house yesterday afternoon, late.

I call them up this morning to request a booking, and it's sold.

How is that even **** possible?

Agents will tip people off who might be interested before it is showing on rightmove. 

Â