Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

Driving home this afternoon I was behind an Audi A7 that seemed to be following an imaginary third lane between the actual lanes. Annoying and stupid but could be worse.

We got to a junction where you either bear left or carry straight on. I was heading left. He was basically past the point of heading left. I carry on and go to accelerate up the left. Just as I do that, he swerves into the left, almost completely entering the land, causing me to sharply avoid an impending crash and hit the kerb. He then immediately decides that actually, no he can't go left and carries on like a normal person would, apparently none the wiser that his actions nearly caused a pretty grim accident.

Prat.

5 hours ago, mjmooney said:

We recently switched our utilities billing to a different tariff (same company), which is supposedly better due it having paperless billing. We have since been bombarded with paper mail confirming it. 

Did you signup for the new tariff as a result of similar paper mail? :detect: 

1 hour ago, Chindie said:

Driving home this afternoon I was behind an Audi A7 that seemed to be following an imaginary third lane between the actual lanes. Annoying and stupid but could be worse.

We got to a junction where you either bear left or carry straight on. I was heading left. He was basically past the point of heading left. I carry on and go to accelerate up the left. Just as I do that, he swerves into the left, almost completely entering the land, causing me to sharply avoid an impending crash and hit the kerb. He then immediately decides that actually, no he can't go left and carries on like a normal person would, apparently none the wiser that his actions nearly caused a pretty grim accident.

Prat.

Sounds drunk to me! We get that all the time around Michigan... seems all you have to do is stay off the freeways and then it's do what you want. 

Edited by villakram

Why the **** **** do the manufacturers of remote controls set them so you have to pick them up (from a coffee table for example) to use them.

My TV is approx 3.5 meters away but the beam from the remotes is set to go down so it basically points at the table.  So to turn off the things before bed,  each one needs to be picked up.  I think its becasue people hold them so they are at 30 degrees so you can see the buttons and stuff.

It's not specific to a brand,  Cisco, LG and Sony for starters.

There are some pretty rotten summer jobs out there, but it doesn't get much worse than being tricked into one that could land you in jail.

One girl found out the hard way when she took on a role as a "personal shoplifter".

It's a job that, of course, doesn't actually exist.

Manchester police have issued a warning to people about the scam, which was first uncovered in Devon.

A female, in Boots and Wilkinsons in Torquay, claimed she was employed by a company called Mystery Shopping UK when she was arrested.

Their website (shared by the police) is still advertising a "Shoplifting / Theft Service", but Boots tells officers it does not use such a service.

The woman told officers she was given a list of items to shoplift, which she was then to send to Mystery Shopping UK.

When she later attempted to contact the company, there was no response.

If an offer looks too good to be true, it probably will be
Mystery Shoppers UK

Newsbeat has also attempted to contact Mystery Shopping UK, but they did not return our calls.

"Quite a cunning scam," Greater Manchester Police Failsworth & Hollinwood wrote on its Facebook page.

"If anyone of you have students looking for a summer job, it's something to bear in mind."

"The website exists and at first looks legitimate but it is not possible to get through to anyone or leave any messages when calling the advised number."

The woman was told to "play out her role unless she was arrested", the police write.

Real website WMystery Shoppers offers advice to anyone seeking work as a secret shopper or anyone approached with the offer of a job.

"If an offer looks too good to be true, it probably will be," it says on its website.

"Mystery shopping does not normally pay large amounts, so if you are offered £100 to conduct a basic enquiry it is very unlikely to be a genuine assignment.

"If you apply for non-mystery shopping work on a job site, and are then told that the vacancy is filled but there is mystery shopping work available as an alternative, this is likely to be a scam."

The scam doesn't piss me off.

Just the fact people who fall for this are still being bred.

Do you reckon they let off the people who "fall for the scam"? There's a Boots down the road. :P 

"The website exists and at first looks legitimate

**** seriously? Take a look at it. It looks like it was created using Microsoft Publisher 98, and there's hardly a sentence on the site without an error in grammar or spelling.

Edited by Davkaus

On 6/18/2016 at 13:29, StefanAVFC said:

It continues to amaze me how people display such a distinct lack of empathy and think it's okay. 

Context: My missus is in a Whatsapp group with all her old friends from high school. She has another friend who went to a different high school. This friend's (A) family own a greenhouse company that supply greenhouses for 80% of Poland; ergo they're minted. Two days ago, A's dad died in a bike accident. Totally sudden. He was 48. Complete shock to everyone. The girl posted a picture on Instagram of a rainbow over their house with the captain 'this was you'.

The Whatsapp group start 1) making fun of her for posting shit on Instagram and 2) laughing about her. My missus goes mad at them and their response is 'she clearly got over it fast and is attention seeking. If your dad dies you don't make posts on Instagram blah blah blah'.

They also said this is our private group so we're just stating an opinion etc. I was speechless. What is wrong with people? If somebody's dad dies, they can react exactly how they want without any judgement or ridicule. Really angered me and upset my missus. I think she'll lose friends over it which is ridiculous.

Social media is a scourge.

So, the guy died after driving away from the police for not wearing a helmet. If he wears a helmet, he's still alive. Also turns out his eldest daughter is 2 months pregnant. Tragic.

People who know how to play the benefits system. Got a family of 4 next door and from what I can see none of them work. Just had a brand new kitchen fitted, no idea who is paying for that.

I just can't see how they get away with it.

40 minutes ago, AVFCDAN said:

People who know how to play the benefits system. Got a family of 4 next door and from what I can see none of them work. Just had a brand new kitchen fitted, no idea who is paying for that.

That doesn't automatically make them benefit cheats .

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

That doesn't automatically make them benefit cheats .

I'm not saying they are cheating the system I'm saying the system is broken and I appear to have a perfect example living next door to me.

Edited by AVFCDAN

11 hours ago, AVFCDAN said:

I put new kitchens in poor peoples houses on a regular basis.   Could be an insurance job, or could just be the landlord is finally pulling a finger out and making the place look nicer . You never can know for sure. 

Edited by Brumerican
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, maqroll said:

People who don't like sports.

It came as a slight surprise to me when I finally realised I actually don't much like sports. 

I watch the Euros and the World Cup, but basically I have no interest in club football if Villa aren't playing. 

I'll watch the track and field at the Olympics, and probably the men's final at Wimbledon. 

But that's about it. The rest, I just have no interest at all. Some, I dislike pretty strongly, e.g. cricket and rugby. A few, I actively detest - mainly boxing and the comedy fighting genre. 

Â