Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

If it please the court, I would like to offer my second peeing off word of the day. Conniption. Stupid word, used by stupid people. Enough to give me a fit of rage or hysterics.

1 hour ago, PieFacE said:

That when I click "Unread Content" the GoT thread comes up and I can see what people are writing in there. Is it possible to hide that particular thread from showing? 

If only there was a whole forum for questions like this.

Click Activity at the top of the page. Click "unread content"

Screenshot_20160606_150351.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PieFacE said:

That when I click "Unread Content" the GoT thread comes up and I can see what people are writing in there. Is it possible to hide that particular thread from showing? 

Game of Thrones. I've never seen it and people and the internet go on about it all the ruddy time. Get a life, internet.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, blandy said:

Game of Thrones. I've never seen it and people and the internet go on about it all the ruddy time. Get a life, internet.

:P

1 hour ago, blandy said:

This. I saw the first episode. Not my cup of meat.

At the doctors for the second time in a month. The first time I waited almost an hour and a half after my appointment time. Today, I learnt my lesson about turning up 10 minutes early 'just in case' but still had to rush from work to be here on time, and have been waiting for an hour so far. No problem because I know the doctor takes so long because he properly diagnoses people and doesn't rush.

A woman and her 10ish year old son turned up about 20 minutes ago. He's been kicking chairs for 15 minutes, telling his mom to hurry up. She's been huffing for the last 10, just stormed up to the desk in a huff, told the receptionist she can't wait any longer because she needs to do the shopping, so the doctor will need to ring her to do a phone consultation instead.

I know what I'd have said if I was the receptionist but that's why I'm not in a job dealing with the general public. I started writing this in the £10 for a doctors appointment thread but then realised how much this annoyed me so transferred it.

5 hours ago, choffer said:

People who call you "fella".

"How you doing, fella?"

"What have you been up to, fella?"

"What's happening, fella?"

I use "fella" but not to address someone directly, only in the third person - "he's a nice fella" etc.

I agree with you, it somehow doesn't sound right when used in the way you described. I remember watching Arrested Development and Gob was calling someone "guy" directly (and not the name Guy). That sounded wrong too. 

Edited by Shropshire Lad

Got in work early as loads to do and my laptop wouldn't boot up. Rang IT who's only response is to order me a new one to arrive tomorrow. 

What a waste of getting up at 5am for.

Women...

It's her birthday next week, I've of course had the answer of "nothing" when I ask what she wants so I offer to take up shopping instead

She can't do tonight, tomorrow, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday or Sunday

I can't do Thursday cos I'm playing football, like I've done every Thursday for the last 2 years...

Absolute meltdown, I'm a right inconsiderate bastard

I thought fella was just mispronounceiation of the word fellow.

It is by me

"Alright" + mate, kid, fella, occasionally a chap or your name plus "lad" tacked on the end as in "alright Jim lad"

Proper classy round here like

It's kind of like my previous pet hate in this thread of "Cheers mate"   every time you hold a door open for someone etc

How about just a nod or a Thank You , we aren't acquainted so thus aren't mates at this particular juncture in time ... buy me a drink , a little dancing and who knows where things may lead , but for now It's just a door that I held open for you

Â