Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

Edit:

To Mr P's post above:

To be fair to former coppers, there was someone in tonight's QT audience claiming to be one [an ex-PC] who was vehemently opposed to the idea that those who kill (or maybe just injure) police officers ought to be treated differently to those who do the same to anyone else.

Edited by snowychap

It's hard to believe how much of a schooling some builders get from the sun

Who are you labouring for, brickies? It's a hard life!

Yeah brickies. It's worse because they're actually quite nice and pretty supportive considering I'm effectively useless. Just any conversation involving football (small heath, as if it needed saying) or politics means I have to grit my teeth and put up with it.

I'll give it a few more weeks and if it doesn't get any better I'll just have to politely explain that they're too far behind and kill them.

Brickies labouring is as low as it gets! Wrong time of year more than anything else, wait till the summer, good weather, good runs, great money to be made

You house chucking or doing the proper stuff?

Stick with it, especially if they'll put you on the trowel after a while, if the sun shines there's money laying bricks

Some of us are old enough to remember the terrace taunts to police on matchdays - Harry Roberts is our friend, he kills coppers.

Didnt the song / tune evolve in the 90's to include Tracie Andrews

Some of us are old enough to remember the terrace taunts to police on matchdays - Harry Roberts is our friend, he kills coppers.

I even remember the tune.

I also remember a match, one of my first in the mid 70's when a torrent of rain water was blown off the Holte roof and came down in one great clump and hit a coppers back and he went down like a sack of shit. Those that saw it cheered. The other police turned, saw a collleague on the floor and fans cheering and started hitting the nearest people to them with truncheons. I saw that for myself, quite an experience for a kid.

Still sang at Millwall to this day.

Didnt the song / tune evolve in the 90's to include Tracie Andrews

Indeed it did, and again is still sang unfortunately.

Edited by dAVe80

Charity Shops - aren't they annoying.  Trying to give a wall unit away - good condition - one comes to collect it and declines as there is a minute chip in the corner - which you wouldn't even notice- in fact I never even knew it was there!   "Our clients want top quality goods" they say - oh yeah, when I was in the shop, there were leather suites with badly scratched and scuffed seats - sure top quality that is - scratched furniture.     I tried another one  "has the glass got the kite mark" err no, it's about 20 years old and it's a wall unit to display stuff in!   Oh no they can't have it then!    Anyone know any way I might be able to give it away - it's too good to take to the tip.  I have found something called Handsworth Project that I might try.   Irritating though, as I needed it out the way by tomorrow as I have a new piece of furniture coming! :angry:

Charity Shops - aren't they annoying.  Trying to give a wall unit away - good condition - one comes to collect it and declines as there is a minute chip in the corner - which you wouldn't even notice- in fact I never even knew it was there!   "Our clients want top quality goods" they say - oh yeah, when I was in the shop, there were leather suites with badly scratched and scuffed seats - sure top quality that is - scratched furniture.     I tried another one  "has the glass got the kite mark" err no, it's about 20 years old and it's a wall unit to display stuff in!   Oh no they can't have it then!    Anyone know any way I might be able to give it away - it's too good to take to the tip.  I have found something called Handsworth Project that I might try.   Irritating though, as I needed it out the way by tomorrow as I have a new piece of furniture coming! :angry:

We had the same problem with some of our stuff.  I took the lot to the tip and there was a large van which was a charity thing.  You just put your stuff in there and it gets distributed to local people who could do with that sort of stuff. 

Worked out well in the end, it was too nice to throw away.

That was Sandwell for what it's worth.

Charity Shops - aren't they annoying. Trying to give a wall unit away - good condition - one comes to collect it and declines as there is a minute chip in the corner - which you wouldn't even notice- in fact I never even knew it was there! "Our clients want top quality goods" they say - oh yeah, when I was in the shop, there were leather suites with badly scratched and scuffed seats - sure top quality that is - scratched furniture. I tried another one "has the glass got the kite mark" err no, it's about 20 years old and it's a wall unit to display stuff in! Oh no they can't have it then! Anyone know any way I might be able to give it away - it's too good to take to the tip. I have found something called Handsworth Project that I might try. Irritating though, as I needed it out the way by tomorrow as I have a new piece of furniture coming! :angry:

I am pretty sure that any of the charity shops on erdington high street would take it, if they don't just leave it outside the door in the middle of the night, that's what most people do around here

We had the same problem with some of our stuff.  I took the lot to the tip and there was a large van which was a charity thing.  You just put your stuff in there and it gets distributed to local people who could do with that sort of stuff. 

Worked out well in the end, it was too nice to throw away.

That was Sandwell for what it's worth.

Our local tip has an undercover area where you can leave books, furniture and just about anything else that's in reasonable nick for others to take for nothing if they so like.  It works really well. 

• Like 1

WWW.FREECYCLE.ORG

You will get lots of people happy to have it within 24 hours.

Edited by ender4
  • Like 2

Put it on the FB, my feed is full off people trying to get rid of their shite.

I'll be driving past Stonehenge on Monday so I was thinking of stopping off. Apparently there are opening times and admission fees? :huh:

How do they enforce opening times and fees on looking at some stone monument in the middle of a field?

I'll be driving past Stonehenge on Monday so I was thinking of stopping off. Apparently there are opening times and admission fees? :huh:

How do they enforce opening times and fees on looking at some stone monument in the middle of a field?

Just do what everyone else does the first time they see it....slow to a crawl on the a303 and hang out the window taking pictures.
  • Like 2

its fenced off and the car park is the other side of the road ... You enter via a small tunnel going underneath the road .... Might be able to park up somewhere and take a look at it over the fencing though

Â