Documentaries you have to watch

Ikantcpell

'Penitentiary New Mexico', a BBC docu from around 2000, on the subject of the riot which took place in 1980.

It's infamous for the brutality that took place there, the story is told here from both sides. Fascinating, gruesome, stuff. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, hogso said:

'Penitentiary New Mexico', a BBC docu from around 2000, on the subject of the riot which took place in 1980.

It's infamous for the brutality that took place there, the story is told here from both sides. Fascinating, gruesome, stuff. 

Highly recommend this

4 hours ago, Phil Silvers said:

Highly recommend this

Terrifying isn't it. Can you imagine what it must have been like for those inmates in the cell block, hearing the others' cells being cut open, tortured, and murdered, whilst waiting your turn. They say it took the 'execution squad' 3 hours from start to finish. 3 hours of being bated about what they were going to do you, knowing there was no way out. Nightmare inducing.  

Just now, hogso said:

Terrifying isn't it. Can you imagine what it must have been like for those inmates in the cell block, hearing the others' cells being cut open, tortured, and murdered, whilst waiting your turn. They say it took the 'execution squad' 3 hours from start to finish. 3 hours of being bated about what they were going to do you, knowing there was no way out. Nightmare inducing.  

Yes very scary indeed, I watched this decades ago when first shown on the BBC and have never forgot it, there are some evil people out there pal. 

McMillions is quite good , even if one of the FBI agents thinks he's staring in the Office , rather than a documentary .... it's about how the McDonalds Monopoly game was exploited  and the FBI case around it .

I read an in-depth article about these events about a year or so ago so already had some kind of idea how it all played out but it's still an interesting documentary and worth a watch

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Not watched it yet and not looking forward to doing so because I will get both sad and angry doing so but I think it is one to watch non the less.

Murder in the car park - Channel 4

March 1987, a man lies dead in a south London pub car park, an axe in his head. This true crime docudrama series examines the still unsolved murder of private detective Daniel Morgan.

3 episodes.

Examining the unsolved murder of private detective Daniel Morgan, a murder inquiry that has lasted 33 years, and cost £30 million, but has failed to convict anyone. For the first time ever Morgan's business partner, Jonathan Rees, ex-Metropolitan police detective Sid Fillery and Rees' former brother-in-law Glenn Vian collectively give their accounts from the time of the murder and the years that followed.

On 23/05/2020 at 15:14, sne said:

There is a documentary series about The Undertaker. Not seen it but even thou I've not watched wrestling since the 80's he seem like an interesting guy from what I've read.

Currently has 9.4/10 on IMDB. 3rd ep out of 5 is out tomorrow.

Undertaker: The Last Ride Poster

Watched E1 last night and will watch the rest today after the Villa game.

So far it looks a very interesting portrayal of the guy as you've never seen.

Anyone who's followed WF in the late 80's and early 90's right through to the turn of the century it is going to be a must watch.

A great insight to the rigours of what the industry does to you and what he has gave to the industry for over 30 years, Certainly backs up why he carried the tag of 'The Phenom'.

Massive respect to the man.

• 2 weeks later...
On 09/06/2020 at 09:32, theboyangel said:

With Sky having their own dedicated documentary channel airing now I’ve downloaded a couple to view over the next few days including one of Andre The Giant! 

I watched the Motown doc, Hitsville. Quite incredible how they just churned out hit after hit. Some truly great artists and has there ever been a more poignant album than What's Going On? I don't think so. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

I watched the Motown doc, Hitsville. Quite incredible how they just churned out hit after hit. Some truly great artists and has there ever been a more poignant album than What's Going On? I don't think so. 

Thanks for the heads up. One added to the list. 

• Like 1

On 09/06/2020 at 09:27, OutByEaster? said:

Not sure how long this will be up, but it's an incredible film about a harmful chemical that is inside your body right now thanks to the people at Dupont and their requirement for profit.

This was great. Thanks for the post. 

Started watching this because the firm I work for has just created a product that absorbs PFOS/PFAS from water. Looks like we'll have a lot of work to do...

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, astondalston said:

Started watching this because the firm I work for has just created a product that absorbs PFOS/PFAS from water. Looks like we'll have a lot of work to do...

I really hope it goes well!

On 31/01/2020 at 16:11, stuart_75 said:

The Kalief Browder doc on Netflix. Just got the last episode left. Very very powerful stuff and incredibly sad.

On 05/06/2020 at 12:28, villa4europe said:

Did see kalief browder has his own dicuseries on Netflix, might give that a go over the weekend

Just finished watching this and yes, very powerful and indeed very sad. Quite unbelievable that somebody could be locked up for 3 years without being convicted. It beggars belief.

''The Kalief Browder Story is a documentary series about a 16 year-old student from the Bronx who spent three years on Rikers Island without ever being convicted of a crime''

Well worth watching.

Â