Documentaries you have to watch

Ikantcpell

The Imposter is on C4 this Thursday night at 1005pm.

very good documentary about a male in Spain claiming to be a Texan boy who had been missing since 1994, despite looking nothing like him, being too old and having a strong french accent. 

There is a documentary series about The Undertaker. Not seen it but even thou I've not watched wrestling since the 80's he seem like an interesting guy from what I've read.

Currently has 9.4/10 on IMDB. 3rd ep out of 5 is out tomorrow.

Undertaker: The Last Ride Poster

• Thanks 1

Fantastic documentary about David Rocastle and Ian Wright. Mates from the same estate both end up playing for Arsenal

From an era of football long gone.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Xela said:

Fantastic documentary about David Rocastle and Ian Wright. Mates from the same estate both end up playing for Arsenal

From an era of football long gone.

Pressed play - 1st goal is against Villa (in arguably our greatest ever kit.)

Pressed stop - No thanks.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, TheAuthority said:

Pressed stop - No thanks.

Rocky scored a couple of crackers against Villa in his time

13 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

Wonderful kit, but quite a departure from our usual style. Wonder what the response would be now if we came out with something similar? Coventry and Southampton had similar styles, i recall, as well as the great Denmark kit 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Did wonder why Ian Wright was so close to him, always posts about him and seems genuinely deeply impacted by his death 

Ian Wright is one of the good guys. Seems a genuinely nice guy and passionate about his country. He's always really respectful to people who have helped him in his career as well. 

That Arsenal team was full of kids who had come through the ranks there; Adams, Merson, Davis, Thomas, Rocastle, Hayes and Keown (who left and came back 7 years later). Plus Wright and Groves, who were Londoners. I can't see that ever happening again at the Gunners. 

• Like 1

Yeah as soon as you say that I'm picturing the video of him meeting his old school teacher where not only does he politely say hello and talk of admiration for him he instantly takes his hat off out of respect

Used to love him on talksport 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Yeah as soon as you say that I'm picturing the video of him meeting his old school teacher where not only does he politely say hello and talk of admiration for him he instantly takes his hat off out of respect

Yes, that was a lovely clip. Still referred to him as Mr!

Wright still calls David Dein, Mr Dein. Thats just the respect he had for people. 

• Like 2

I’ve always liked Ian Wright (apart from when I once saw him elbow Ehiogu at VP). His podcasts with Andy Goldstein were brilliant, you really get to see what a nice guy he is. It’s called “We’re not playing snooker”, if you haven’t heard of it. 

Edited by It's Your Round

13 hours ago, villa4europe said:

12 hours ago, Xela said:

Yes, that was a lovely clip. Still referred to him as Mr!

Wright still calls David Dein, Mr Dein. Thats just the respect he had for people. 

“Mr Pigden... someone said you was dead”

• Like 1

Four years old now, but just watched "Searching For Terry-The Terry Kath Story".

Superbly put together by his daughter, even if you're not a big fan of Chicago it's very watchable.

For anyone struggling to get a handle on the BLM protests around the world, I’d suggest investing 90 minutes of your time in watching 13th on Netflix. 

• Like 1

On 01/06/2020 at 20:20, Genie said:

Anybody watching Mcmillions? If so, is it any good?

I've started watching it and the story is good, however i am finding that it's a rather long and drawn out programmes/series.

It's a typical American documentary that has been stretched and stretched.

It could have been done in 2/3 episodes.

I have found myself skipping and fast forwarding large chunks and when i when i pick it up later in the programme feel as if i have not missed anything.

But like i say a good story all the same.

• Thanks 1

On 04/06/2020 at 00:32, choffer said:

For anyone struggling to get a handle on the BLM protests around the world, I’d suggest investing 90 minutes of your time in watching 13th on Netflix. 

Watched it again yesterday, the trump rally editing is still one of the most powerful things I've seen in years (and has been imitated a lot recently) 

Did see kalief browder has his own dicuseries on Netflix, might give that a go over the weekend

• Like 1

Â