Jed Steer

samjp26

I have to think there was a good reason why Kalinic wasnt even on the bench last game!

That said, if he is fit, i would play him.  Steers had 1 save to make and fluffed his lines.  

People mention he comes for crosses, problem is he claims less than half of them.

5 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Only Bruce masterstroke.
Shithouse.

I’m obviously being slow this evening but how are those words relevant in any way to the Jed Steer thread? What do they even mean?

Anyway, well done Jed. Absolutely crucial, game-turning save today.

Edited by briny_ear
  • Like 1

Excellent save, that defined how the game was going to pan out.

" Hey Bruce! I wasn't goo enough for the team, so you sent me out on loan? Bwahahahaha!"

10 hours ago, briny_ear said:

I’m obviously being slow this evening but how are those words relevant in any way to the Jed Steer thread? What do they even mean?

Anyway, well done Jed. Absolutely crucial, game-turning save today.

Bruce ditched him for Nyland. Makes perfect sense 

• Like 1

Crucial save by Jed. Fair play to him. 

Apart from the save though I think he struggled a little bit yesterday with the amount of crosses that came in. He flapped at a few and  looked in no mans land for others. 

Saying that I think Kalanic would have struggled with it to, probably even more so.  Not many teams will be as physical as Sheff Wed were yesterday.

42 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Crucial save by Jed. Fair play to him. 

Apart from the save though I think he struggled a little bit yesterday with the amount of crosses that came in. He flapped at a few and  looked in no mans land for others. 

Saying that I think Kalanic would have struggled with it to, probably even more so.  Not many teams will be as physical as Sheff Wed were yesterday.

Sheffield Wednesday probably won't be that physical against many other teams, he just probably got them wound up because they were playing us. 

• Like 1

I just cannot understand the money we have spent on keepers when we have been desperate in so many other positions the last 2 years. 

All you need in this league is an experienced halfway competent keeper. 

Last year Wolves walzed to the title with Ruddy between the sticks. 

This year Norwich are strolling to the title with Tim Krull in goal. 

If we had signed either of those keepers there would have been uproar but they are both crucial players in teams who have trounced the rest of this division. 

Steer would have always been OK for us and our keeper money would have been far better used elsewhere. 

Edited by sidcow

Steer has clear weaknesses. Mings and Hause have to help him with crosses for instance. But, he is calmer than Kalinic or Nyland, which is what we need most. Keep doing what you're doing Jed, and we'll be fine.

22 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I just cannot understand the money we have spent on keepers when we have been desperate in so many other positions the last 2 years. 

All you need in this league is an experienced halfway competent keeper. 

Last year Wolves walzed to the title with Paul Jones between the sticks. 

This year Norwich are strolling to the title with Tim Krull in goal. 

If we had signed either of those keepers there would have been uproar but they are both crucial players in teams who have trounced the rest of this division. 

Steer would have always been OK for us and our keeper money would have been far better used elsewhere. 

Bruce just didn’t rate Steer for whatever reason.  The new setup came in and didn’t really get a chance to look at Steer up close because he was out on loan but could only assume if he is loaned out when our keepers are Nyland and Bunn then he will not be good enough. So understandably they had to get someone in ASAP so secured a long term target. 

Edit: Wolves had Ruddy in goal. Was Paul Jones their manager once? 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Edit: Wolves had Ruddy in goal. Was Paul Jones their manager once? 

Oops. Yes, I meant Ruddy. Now corrected 

He has been very good but if i'm honest I can see his weaknesses.

Kalinic has the size required to fill those deficiencies.

If he can get his reflexes and distribution correct I still see him being number one, in the long term.

Steer is a VERY good goalkeeping option to have though. 

As i've said before, I have confidence in Cutler and co to bring the best out of Kalinic and fully expect to see his best next season.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

Â