Jed Steer

samjp26

He is a very good goalkeeper, he’s been at the club a long time now. I’m sure he’s relishing being our number one for the time being but saying that I think Kalinic will be our number one in the long term

1 hour ago, Tomaszk said:

What's up with lovre?

He has a knee injury (torn meniscus) sustained in croatia vs azerbaijan game. Needs arthroscopic knee surgery, expected to be back in a month.

• Like 1

Kicking is pretty solid, save for the odd wayward one...I don't worry when he goes up to catch a ball, good shot-stopper (which yes, is a prerequisite for a keeper).......kind of finding it hard to justify putting anyone else between the sticks right now (if we had any fit options).

There on merit, long may it continue.

One fantastic save in the second half. Flinging left hand out. Can't remember what the score was, think we may have gone two down when he made it.

Big voice needed from him whoever he has in front of him v Bristol. The leader in Mings is out so he has to help everyone through.

1 hour ago, Tomaszk said:

One fantastic save in the second half. Flinging left hand out. Can't remember what the score was, think we may have gone two down when he made it.

Big voice needed from him whoever he has in front of him v Bristol. The leader in Mings is out so he has to help everyone through.

We were 2-1 up. Was a cracking save, great reflexes. Had to of seen it late .

• 2 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, 8pints said:

A couple of great saves today, put in a vital first-half performance. 

Standard stops plus a bit of flapping IMO.

Doesn't ever shine for me but has been part of a solid unit. I think he's likely to see us all the way to the end now. Hopefully he can continue to contribute.

• Like 2

On 19/04/2019 at 22:42, Tomaszk said:

Standard stops plus a bit of flapping IMO.

Doesn't ever shine for me but has been part of a solid unit. I think he's likely to see us all the way to the end now. Hopefully he can continue to contribute.

Solid is exactly what we need and Jed brings it.

On 11/04/2019 at 16:50, Pez1974 said:

After Jack and SJM, thought he was our best player last night. Surprised he wasn't getting more love. Deserves the keepers jersey right now, even with the odd mistake.

On 19/04/2019 at 20:25, 8pints said:

A couple of great saves today, put in a vital first-half performance.

When I saw this thread bumped I immediately thought I hadn't put any praise on here for the last couple of games. A great save on Friday may have kept back any doubts about a Wigan comeback. 

He's been solid, really great. Well done Jed. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, AVTuco said:

Solid is exactly what we need and Jed brings it.

I've not seen anything from him individually that suggests I'd be happy going into next season with him as no 1. 

Still a shame he wasn't in the side at the start of the season when Nyland was chucking everything in though.

24 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

I've not seen anything from him individually that suggests I'd be happy going into next season with him as no 1. 

Still a shame he wasn't in the side at the start of the season when Nyland was chucking everything in though.

Bruce sending Steer and Elphick on loan looks increasingly reckless and mental.

Kalinic will be number 1 long term I'm sure but Jed has been great since coming in and will be good competition for the shirt.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

I meant he is what we need NOW. Sorry for not being clearer.

Â