Jed Steer

samjp26

Nyland will probably end up seeing out his contract and then going back to finish his career somewhere in Scandinavia, hardly believing his luck that incompetent management made him a multi-millionaire.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I always said he'd be 'fine' for this level and he's proving to be just that. It was absolute madness to sign Nyland, the worst keeper I've ever seen, when Steer was much better. I still have hopes for Kalinic mind, I think he'll be our number one next season.

2 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Unbelievable that we played Nyland over this guy for months. Steer is twice the player Nyland is.

Kalinic i've still not seen enough to judge.

And yet the man who made that decision was the guy you defended, while constantly criticising dean smith. 

That was also unbelievable. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

His distribution is top drawer. Whenever he collects up the ball he is instantly on the move, looking for that quick counter pass or throw and it often results in a breakaway and a roaring crowd. It's a very underrated skill and very important to our style of play. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, eddiemunster said:

His contract was extended to end of next season, some time in Feb or March. For up to date contract info, see Contract End Dates posts, in the Topic Listing.

Oh thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Poor positioning for the goal i thought, was way too deep. Great save before though

In fairness I think the misplaced pass would've rattled and he's backtracked quickly but when Gayle pulled the trigger he was deep like you said and his weight wasn't balanced ideally for a save..... 

He got a slight touch to the Gayle goal but it was a good striker in fairness. Absolutely fantastic save for the Rodriguez effort though. 

Mental to think that he was binned out on loan to Charlton this season. 

3 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Incredible save from that Rodriguez shot, will need to see their goal again but my initial feeling was that he could have done better.

It was a great save from Rodriguez, but......

I do wonder in relation to his height (6ft?), is quite small for a goalkeeper, and that outstretched save with his smaller frame (for a GK), i wonder if it makes saves look better than they actually are because he is doing his best to counter his smaller size, for example, if that was Kalinic and he was at full stretch, he would have got his whole hand to the ball rather than fingertips (assuming kalinic would have got there).

Anyway, not saying it is or isnt an issue (his height), but i do wonder if his smallness for a GK makes average saves look better than they are. (ie: a de gea/kalinic etc who are tall, would just put a full hand on the ball if they got to it)

Â