Jed Steer

samjp26

2 hours ago, vreitti said:

I'm gonna go out on a limb here, and say it's probably not the "only reason". 

There might be a chance that he communicates better with the defence which makes the defenders look better. Knowing the language might help there.

There is a chance that Kalinic will be #1 next season when he's learned the language better.

Waiting for posts that shows that he's actually quite excellent in english.

22 hours ago, Pelle said:

There might be a chance that he communicates better with the defence which makes the defenders look better. Knowing the language might help there.

There is a chance that Kalinic will be #1 next season when he's learned the language better.

Most Croatians know would have good enough English so I imagine it could be about getting to know the players and shouting instructions in a language he isnt so comfortable with 

It annoys me when people mention he was a sub goalie for the World Cup runners up. A lot of great International teams have won things with poor goalkeepers.

It's by far Croatia's worst position.

I've not been impressed so far, however I think he will improve over time. I can't see at the moment how he'd ever be worth 6m to a Championship side though.

On 22/03/2019 at 15:00, Pelle said:

Sounding like it from this interview is he's very good in English. He is most likely one of those foreigners who is better at English than most English are with it, if that's what you were on about anyway. In fact ive met many foreign people who are just as good at english than what i am and i dont mind admitting that, as im ok but there is much i still could learn if i could be bothered that is lol.

48 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

i have watched that Blackburn goal back numerous times now, i literally have no idea what Steer was doing.

The free kick was literally to the centre of the goals and its almost like steer went to dive in anticipation of the ball going to the corner, and when he realised he then only managed to tip it back to the centre of the goal.

Really weird, and a poor mistake, if Nyland had done that people would have been going insane on here.

for anyone who says "Steer has been doing ok the last 5 games", he literally hasnt had to really do anything in those 5 games as the defence has been excellent, the only thing Steer has had to do is save things like that free kick.......

He has been picking up crosses though which is something basic Nyland failed to do

• Like 1

Where was Kalinic? I'd like him back in immediately.

Forget the goal, first half with not much to do he was charging round all over the place. Looked panicky under corners and started to come for a ball that was never his out towards RB.

Steer has had nothing to do for 5 games and it's a shame Kalinic couldn't have been part of the team building confidence.

11 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

That was absolutely garbage keeping for the goal, he's a bit of a worry down the stretch IMO, not sure I'd trust him against the better sides in the league and in the play offs.

Problem is, Kalinic is a bigger suspect. Steer stays in for me, for now.

On 30/03/2019 at 18:50, MaVilla said:

i have watched that Blackburn goal back numerous times now, (a) i literally have no idea what Steer was doing.

(b ) The free kick was literally to the centre of the goals and its almost like steer went to dive in anticipation of the ball going to the corner, and when he realised he then only managed to tip it back to the centre of the goal.

Really weird, and a poor mistake, if Nyland had done that people would have been going insane on here.

for anyone who says "Steer has been doing ok the last 5 games", he literally hasnt had to really do anything in those 5 games as the defence has been excellent, the only thing Steer has had to do is save things like that free kick.......

Actually , the bit marked (b ) suggests you have a very good idea of what he was doing, despite what you say at (a).

• Haha 1

Â