Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

I'm yet to be convinced that Almiron is actually any good. He had a season where he went on a mental hot streak but I've never watched him and thought he's this lethal goalscorer who just needs to glimpse a chance.

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, Chindie said:

I'm yet to be convinced that Almiron is actually any good. He had a season where he went on a mental hot streak but I've never watched him and thought he's this lethal goalscorer who just needs to glimpse a chance.

Grealish vindicated.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Chindie said:

Pretty good summation IMO. He doesn't get on the ball and play clever passes either. Bang average player. 

Almirón max worth is £20 mill. 

Newky taking the piss with there sells and people also forget these players might be worth this much but getting an actual buyer is the hardest part. 

Nobody will touch Bertie but he's worth atleast £8 mill and they can flog people at will. While we have to loan players like Dendoncker out. 

14 hours ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

The supposed figures for Almiron are nuts, no English team would pay that...

All I’m hearing is 25-30m. They paid 20m for him and there’s a rumoured sell on clause that would deprive them of some of that as well.

Im all for jumping on the “Newcastle are just corrupt shills for oil Arab sportswashing” bandwagon but I don’t think it’s particularly justifiable here. They’re overpaying but not by an outrageous amount that screams obvious corruption.

The league do need to look at that sleeve sponsorship thing though. That stinks to high heaven.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, desensitized43 said:

All I’m hearing is 25-30m. They paid 20m for him and there’s a rumoured sell on clause that would deprive them of some of that as well.

Im all for jumping on the “Newcastle are just corrupt shills for oil Arab sportswashing” bandwagon but I don’t think it’s particularly justifiable here. They’re overpaying but not by an outrageous amount that screams obvious corruption.

The league do need to look at that sleeve sponsorship thing though. That stinks to high heaven.

Would they sign him to their League if they didn't already own him though?

1 hour ago, sne said:

Would they sign him to their League if they didn't already own him though?

I don't think anyone can get into their minds and say what they would or wouldn't do in a hypothetical scenario. I can only judge on what they do and whether it's within reason. They could have gone and signed him for 100m and we're all then well within our rights to say it's obviously corrupt but he's a 29 year old winger, who played a big part in the team finishing top 4 last season, played in this seasons Champions League and Premier League as a regular. Would I want Villa paying 25-30m for Almiron? No, because I don't rate him. Do I think that amount is unreasonable for someone to pay that? Not really.

Let's not forget, these are the people who threw a disgusting amount of money at Mbappe to try and lure him to their league. They seem to know the price of everything and the value of nothing.

• Like 1

Â