Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

18 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Stoning aside or whatever he did, that lawsuit is like me being fined 10p.

Yeah it’s a big nothingburger from a financial standpoint. But couldn’t the PL use this as proof he is acting on behalf of Saudi Arabia, the whole point of their investigation into him buying Newcastle?

• Like 1

Feels like a bit of a fire sale is brewing now they realise they're probably going to miss out on CL.

Trippier getting linked with a move to Bayern Munich. If they can sign Eric Dier this window that is possible although not sure he'd go there given he's already lived abroad and he'd probably just be cover.

Joelinthon threatened with being sold if he dosen't lower his wage demands for new deal.

Could be another transitional season next year if they have a new manager and 4/5 new players for the squad.

37 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Feels like a bit of a fire sale is brewing now they realise they're probably going to miss out on CL.

Trippier getting linked with a move to Bayern Munich. If they can sign Eric Dier this window that is possible although not sure he'd go there given he's already lived abroad and he'd probably just be cover.

Joelinthon threatened with being sold if he dosen't lower his wage demands for new deal.

Could be another transitional season next year if they have a new manager and 4/5 new players for the squad.

Joelinton stuff is wild when you consider the average squad salary is already above 90k per week. 

Kinda interesting that they've came out and pretty much said they need to sell to buy, but have had approaches for both Trippier and Wilson but seem adamant that they do not want to sell them. Wilson is a player I'd be looking to sell if I was them. He gets goals sure, but barely plays it feels like. 

Makes you wonder who they would consider selling. 

Edited by PieFacE

On 19/01/2024 at 12:55, VillaChris said:

We will face the same sooner of later due to FFP.

We must have 8/9 players now on north of 100k. Next round of contract renewals including Bailey and Martinez will probably want >130k+

Man City, Arsenal can happily bid 100m for Douglas Luiz, pay him 200k a week to sit on the bench. We're selling youth players to fund a £10million young right back.

Edited by pas5898
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, villan-scott said:

Convenient. Although he’s one of their better players. Be interesting to see the amount he goes for. 

He is. He's consistent for them and rarely injured (I think). 

Newcastle are an interesting proposition right now. It looks as though they could be losing Wilson, Trippier and Almiron. They're probably not 3 of their better players (Botman, Isak, Bruno), but you need these types of players around the club. 

Dunno, maybe they're struggling with FFP? 

Convenient he's going to Saudi of course. Such a waste on a personal level for him. 

4 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

Convenient. Although he’s one of their better players. Be interesting to see the amount he goes for. 

Explains why they are happy to keep Tripper / Wilson even though it would make sense to sell them. 

As he's a decent player, they will get a ridiculous amount for him paying for next summers transfers. 

Edited by pas5898

For a while I thought he was unfairly maligned, but also he's not as good as his form last season suggested, he just happened to over perform, in a way that matched Newcastle's over performance as a team, if they want to seriously challenge for top places he's a player they need to replace, so if they do get a big fee for him will be highly convenient indeed

• Like 2

I think Bruno is the one they will try sell for big money but problem is that he isnt as good as they think he is and not sure a club that could drop that money on him

Maybe United 

Edited by Zatman

Same reoprter, saying they will get around £20m, which doesn't seem excessive to be honest, maybe in reality he's not worth that much, but if he went to a team such as West Ham or Everton I would expect the fee to be similar, maybe even a little more. Unless there are other ways they can work the deal to benefit Newcastle in other ways, like giving them the full fee in one go or something

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I think Bruno is the one they will try sell for big money but problem is that he isnt as good as they think he is and not sure a club that could drop that money on him

Maybe United 

Why do that when you can sell the likes of Almiron and Dan Burn for 50 million each? 

7 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Maybe United 

Will he go to Saudi for big money before coming back for less money?

I wouldn’t be shocked.

13 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

A Saudi club buying another Newcastle player? Well I am shocked. 

Not one of the PIF ones, though. Guessing it avoids a conflict even if funded by the Saudi state?

Â