Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

8 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

At World cup it was Kane-Wilson-Rashford.

Is Toney a lock as took ages for him even to break into the squad and now lost time with the suspension.

Ah, I wasn't counting Rashford, since I think he'd only want to play him wide. So I'd say 2. 

I think Toney is the guy whose style is obviously least-disruptively different to Kane's. Watkins necessitates a whole different style and I think it's clear Southgate doesn't overly rate him. And to be honest I think he's right, for England; would you be more confident of Toney coming on and scoring or Ollie, if Kane had to go off injured? It'd be Toney for me. 

11 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Is Toney a lock as took ages for him even to break into the squad and now lost time with the suspension.

It's Southgate....

Hanoi is probably right too, Toney is more of a swap and let's face it kane would play on one leg anyway 

Any decent manager in world football would take one look at it, see the defence is ropey and immediately want Ollie to press from the top, big nose on the other hand plays 5 at the back, 2 DMs, drops kane in to midfield and knows we still have enough quality to snatch a win 

Id also say don't bother calling kane for the March friendlies, call up Ollie and Toney and give them a game each, that's also not going to happen, kane will play at least 120 mins 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Have apparently put Ashworth on gardening leave as he wants to join Man United

Could be quite the money spinner for Newcastle. It’ll be a case of who blinks first whether United pay up. Newcastle willing to leave him on gardening leave for 2 years is unlikely but United are going to have to pay up a decent amount. 

He sounds like a right slippery git, will fit right in in Manchester.

1 hour ago, WallisFrizz said:

Could be quite the money spinner for Newcastle. It’ll be a case of who blinks first whether United pay up. 

I think we all know who will blink first!

Thought they were pathetic against Arsenal last night. 

I can see them dropping further down the league, even when some more players return from injury. Their midfield looks feeble without the energy and physicality of Joelinton and the defense is shaky now that there's no effective shield in front. Increasingly it's looking like their season hinges on the FA Cup. Would the current regime lose patience with Howe if they win nothing and finish bottom half?

4 minutes ago, DakotaVilla said:

They will replace Howe in the summer if they have any sense. Mourinho would be perfect for them for a couple of years.

Would be perfect, as he’s not as good as he used to be. Might win a cup, but will struggle in the league.

38 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Feel like that Tonali ban has massively disrupted them, it was their marquee signing and with all their other injury issues has only been compounded.

Yep, it's like no one wants to talk about it and they skirt round it with injury talk

The truth is longstaff has played 23 PL games and 17 year old miley has played 15 and neither are top 4 quality and shouldn't be playing this much  (harsh on miley, he does look like a good prospect) their lack of depth is exposed - and of course we made both of them look like world beaters 

I think it's a case of when PIF bought the club, every player wanted to stay there and live the dream giving 110%. Died off a bit now though, knowing they can't build into that Man City beating team, players won't get there £400k a week new contracts and they may even be sold to buy better players.

1 minute ago, foreveryoung said:

I think it's a case of when PIF bought the club, every player wanted to stay there and live the dream giving 110%. Died off a bit now though, knowing they can't build into that Man City beating team, players won't get there £400k a week new contracts and they may even be sold to buy better players.

That and the fact Howe has run them into the ground. Two big reasons. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MrBlack said:

That and the fact Howe has run them into the ground. Two big reasons. 

2 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

Agree, can I nick this to post on Newcastle forum?

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Mr_Dogg said:

I think Howe is gone this summer, I know they are injury riddled but that is not happening in a vacuum.

Maybe

But I still look at that team and especially the squad and think even 7th is doing OK 

They dont have higher than the 7th best squad in the league, not a chance, maybe this policy of seemingly getting two or three big price pieces per window rather than going and getting 10+ £15m players to pack the squad out but that's not on Howe 

24 minutes ago, Mr_Dogg said:

I think Howe is gone this summer, I know they are injury riddled but that is not happening in a vacuum.

I genuinely think they're already having a word with Tuchel.

Â