Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

On 25/01/2023 at 23:16, Mark Albrighton said:

Bit late now, but I think Newcastle United : Slaughter is the best medicine could have worked too. 

I'm up for changing it once every few months. So many good options.

With Gordon, Newcastle have definitely flashed their fanny at him and now won't pay Everton a decent fee. Hugely disruptive.

41 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

I'm up for changing it once every few months. So many good options.

With Gordon, Newcastle have definitely flashed their fanny at him and now won't pay Everton a decent fee. Hugely disruptive.

That does sound like something a Geordie girl might do.

14 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

That does sound like something a Geordie girl might do.

The last time I was in Newcastle I was walking past a bar one evening and a lass standing outside it was yelling 'I've got a TICKLE in me FANNY' to her friend across the street. 

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

Newcastle are able to sign players at a higher level because everyone is convinced they’ll be a UCL club within 1-2 years.

Still, at least in theory they have to follow the same FFP rules and can’t spend much more than us - the clubs have similar revenue levels. Quite a few PL clubs by now have owners who could and would spend more, if FFP didn’t prevent it.

Yes "in theory" much like Manc Citeh, no doubt they will plot a course straight through the FFP rules and then hire the best legal team that money can buy to escape without any significant punishment. :rolleyes:

I heard on Sky's transfer show last night, that Allan Saint Maximin had been linked with a £25m move to AC Milan. Does anyone else think that if he actually is available, we should be interested in him?    

1 minute ago, John said:

I heard on Sky's transfer show last night, that Allan Saint Maximin had been linked with a £25m move to AC Milan. Does anyone else think that if he actually is available, we should be interested in him?    

There's a player in there that could work at the top, but makes me wonder why Newcastle wasn't to cash on on him. On the basis they're selling him, I'd say no. 

5 minutes ago, John said:

God no! Sorry, I know a lot of people like him but no for me!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, John said:

the prob with ASM isnt his talent, he is electric going fwd, but he's lazy af.....

I think there is reason howe uses him as a super sub and doesnt start him, he doesnt work hard enough for how howe now has newcastle playing.

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

the prob with ASM isnt his talent, he is electric going fwd, but he's lazy af.....

I think there is reason howe uses him as a super sub and doesnt start him, he doesnt work hard enough for how howe now has newcastle playing.

My Newcastle supporting friends said he's not playing much at the moment because he got injured, and the team have been doing well without him, so he has to break back into the team. 

He's also not lazy as far as I can see!

22 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

You just know that the bugger will be amazing for them though. 

Everything they touch at present seems to turn to gold. 

They've even managed to make Sean Longstaff look like f**king Zico lately. 

Saudi gold? 🙄

I work over in Saudi trust me..Drinking (and if your caught) driving are a lot worse the a 29K fine..Jail time, if your a Ex-pat and hopefully the FCO steps in and you will get deported...Other nations and Saudis, probably be kneeling down in 'chop -chop square' with a large sword swinging over the top of your head..

Edited by adam67

So the Gordon fee drops from £60m to £55m to £40m (that could rise to £45m). So much for clubs charging Newcastle a "premium". It seems they get to pay what they want. I'm sure Howe said something about FFP having an impact on what he would be able to do during this window too, but that fee would take their spending over £250m since October 2021. :rolleyes:

On 27/01/2023 at 12:17, nick76 said:

God no! Sorry, I know a lot of people like him but no for me!

I quite like him. He'd be quite good for us at this moment in time, but not for the fee/wages they'd want.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

I quite like him. He'd be quite good for us at this moment in time, but not for the fee/wages they'd want.

I don’t agree, Emery likes his players to function as one, a team and not a collection of individuals. He is an individual, not a cog of a well functioning team.  He is a talented player but definitely not what we are after.

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

I don’t agree, Emery likes his players to function as one, a team and not a collection of individuals. He is an individual, not a cog of a well functioning team.  He is a talented player but definitely not what we are after.

Fair. He's got bags of talent though.

• Like 1

Turning water in to wine up there at the moment so wont write him off completely... But i just don't see it, bang average and will be a championship player by his late 20s, looks a very typical young exciting winger who will very quickly get found out, the PL is a graveyard for players like him

Southgate will call him up to the next squad though

• Like 2

Â