Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

On 21/01/2023 at 21:02, KAZZAM said:

Almiron goals drying up. 

Was always going to happen.  His goals were 1 in a million worldies that he luckily connected with or even some he mishit that found their way past the keeper.  He was on 8 goals after 15 games, on track for 20.

He was over double his expected goals, and still looked like bambi on ice. The raving about him was OTT. I imagine he'll find the net a few more times but be lucky to score 15.

He's still way above his xG at the moment. If they don't get someone else reliably finding the net they'll drop away quickly.

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Just wait... The losing the cup final and dropping to 8th is coming...

Needs someone outside the top 6 to win the FA Cup and take that European spot away to be sure (preferably after these words removed have finished in that spot)

They are 9 points above 8th now and have a superior goal difference as well

31 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

The Let’s all criticise the murderous regime that is currently residing on Tyneside thread?

Complete media darlings now aren't they? I'm sick of hearing about them and their wonderful fans. It seems all the Saudi Arabia stuff has been forgotten. 

Gordon would be the first signing they've made since the money arrived where I think...that is shit. Pleasing.

Very young, lot of minutes under his belt. Just don't see him getting to a £50-70m level ever really.

Some real pace as an alternative to Almiron I suppose. Better players about for that sort of money IMO.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Gordon would be the first signing they've made since the money arrived where I think...that is shit. Pleasing.

Very young, lot of minutes under his belt. Just don't see him getting to a £50-70m level ever really.

Some real pace as an alternative to Almiron I suppose. Better players about for that sort of money IMO.

Not Chris Wood?

14 minutes ago, bcarpet said:

Not Chris Wood?

Not for me.

Signed their main relegation rivals' striker. They stayed up, the team they bought him from went down.

It was never about Wood being massive for them, though he was largely useful as a big lump. It was getting Burnley's striker.

They wouldn't have bought him if they were 14th instead of 19th or 20th.

Also. Who gives a £25m striker a 2.5 year deal :lol: Farcical they can behave like that.

The title was changed to Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Sad, a VT institution bites the dust. But the new title is executed to perfection 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Â